Buying or selling

• If your buying on Thursday , who are you buying ?
    If your selling , who are selling ?

• Without sounding ignorant, who at this point is selling on Thursday who hasn’t already?

Unless you’re one of those who wants out at any cost, why would you try and sell any of your players 1p above the IS but not at the IS price currently..

For those of us who intend to stay on the platform for the foreseeable, are there any benefits to Thursday aside from topping up on your players if you can in order to bring your average buy price down on current holds or do we simply take the pain and wait for our ports to recover at some point?

I personally won’t be depositing anymore in FI despite the appeal to reduce some of my averages.

• buying

messi
    Ronaldo
    ramos
    kramaric (maybe if I have cash left over)
    Some ipd players for the big run of games

• Messi Ronaldo Kane

• Buying
    Gosen
    Messi
    Lewandowski
    Henderson
    Ronaldo
    Payet
    Benzema

• I’ve got a list of 30-40 players.
    Not buying everyone but if the price is right I’m grabbing bits of any one of the 40 players.
    All are dividend friendly and right across the price spectrum.
    All research done and lucky I sold some at start of international break. Unfortunately nowhere near what I should have 😀

Basically rubbing my hands waiting for Thursday ....

• Why are you waiting until Thursday? Why not just buy now before they rise? You are only going to miss 1 ipd game .

• interesting since requesting an announcement we waited for an announcement and when the announcement was made about an announcement coming we waited in the wings for the announcement that announced that on Thursday they'll announce all of this will be put into place so by then we would finally start investing again... Problem is by putting 'dates' on all these announcements that something some day will or wont happen nobody buys/sells in the mean time and we all sit on our hands getting cramp!!!!

I would like to 'invest' but I have no idea which way this will go????

Perhaps we need 'another' announcement?

• @NewUser531742 said in Buying or selling:

Why are you waiting until Thursday? Why not just buy now before they rise? You are only going to miss 1 ipd game .

Not overly concerned about missing an ipd game to tbh. I’ve bought already, across the last 2/3 days.
    My personal motto has Always been to hedge my investments. I’ve set aside a sum for when the brakes come off as I’m sure they’ll be instant volatility which should work in my favour to buy. If it’s not in my favour then I won’t be buying. Either way I should be ok 😳

• @NewUser346198 said in Buying or selling:

Without sounding ignorant, who at this point is selling on Thursday who hasn’t already?

Unless you’re one of those who wants out at any cost, why would you try and sell any of your players 1p above the IS but not at the IS price currently..

For those of us who intend to stay on the platform for the foreseeable, are there any benefits to Thursday aside from topping up on your players if you can in order to bring your average buy price down on current holds or do we simply take the pain and wait for our ports to recover at some point?

I personally won’t be depositing anymore in FI despite the appeal to reduce some of my averages.

The people who have players who have not had an IS price the whole time and need the price to fall to a point that attracts offers so they can sell them???

I will be looking at buying back in, Not sure if it will be on Thursday, First Sunday Sell off or when. Just depends how much things fall. As for the players that I will be buying, The best value for money really got a large list of players valued out and ill be buying the players I see as the biggest discount.

But that being said, If the market depth is less than the number of shares I intend to buy I will be waiting, no point buying if I have no faith that I can get back out!

• @Toptom said in Buying or selling:

@NewUser346198 said in Buying or selling:

Without sounding ignorant, who at this point is selling on Thursday who hasn’t already?

The people who have players who have not had an IS price the whole time and need the price to fall to a point that attracts offers so they can sell them???

I will be looking at buying back in, Not sure if it will be on Thursday, First Sunday Sell off or when. Just depends how much things fall. As for the players that I will be buying, The best value for money really got a large list of players valued out and ill be buying the players I see as the biggest discount.

But that being said, If the market depth is less than the number of shares I intend to buy I will be waiting, no point buying if I have no faith that I can get back out!

Fair enough. I was looking at it more from the point of view of traders who intend to stay on the platform as I can't see any benefit to ISing players on Thursday as you're going to lose a fortune.

I've got players like Depay and Hakimi who I bought in the £3-3.50 bracket that haven't had an IS price for ages but I don't think I could bring myself to accept the IS prices for those on Thursday. I guess I just sit tight and wait for them to bring in divs / have a spike before selling on..