New even better Covid Vaccine- 95% success

• To go along with Pfizer, another company called Moderna has just passed trials with 95% efficiency rate. Wall Street climbed sharply today as a result. All good news with regards to getting life back to normal. ⚽️

• Moderna has not produced anything since it was formed 10 years ago. It concerns me from a safety point of view numerous vaccines are going to be rushed through and these pharmaceutical companies astonishingly have zero liability.

• @MJC said in New even better Covid Vaccine- 95% success:

Moderna has not produced anything since it was formed 10 years ago. It concerns me from a safety point of view numerous vaccines are going to be rushed through and these pharmaceutical companies astonishingly have zero liability.

They will be rolling out a billion doses in the next year. I’d like to hope they do the prerequisite tests 🤓 wasn’t the virus in “I am legend” a cure for cancer gone wrong? That’s 1 billion potential zombies 🧟‍♂️

• @Valhalla The safety testing should be of paramount importance but they are all chasing the golden ticket and mega bucks. We have too many zombies currently, certainly don't need another billion 😱😂.

Moderna has not produced anything since it was formed 10 years ago. It concerns me from a safety point of view numerous vaccines are going to be rushed through and these pharmaceutical companies astonishingly have zero liability.

I would be far more concerned if we didn't have a vaccine to be honest.

Test results suggest the chance of short term ill effects of the vaccine is negligible. Long term who knows... but suspect long term risks are significantly less than long term risks of covid itself.

What are the options? Wait 5 years for normal vaccine rollout times. Hope covid burns out without ever needing a vaccine?

There are some concerns with the speed of vaccines but these concerns are massively lower than the alternative.

• It wouldn't be a surprise to find out that a certain politician has shares in these vaccine producers. The same one who was pushing hydroxychloroquine. They are all as bent as a nine bob note.

• @SDOAFIT The Pfizer trial did not include age profiles of participants so it isn't clear if the vaccine has been tested and works in over 65's. These are the people who will be given it first. If they are proved safe and effective all well and good. I just hope that safety is being put first by these companies and not $'s.

@SDOAFIT The Pfizer trial did not include age profiles of participants so it isn't clear if the vaccine has been tested and works in over 65's. These are the people who will be given it first. If they are proved safe and effective all well and good. I just hope that safety is being put first by these companies and not $'s.

Safety is clearly going to be less guaranteed than normal. That's inevitable.

It's (safety) going to be a high priority but if it was the absolutely no corners cut whatsoever - zero or close to it risk then we will be waiting 5 years. Is that what you want?

There will be slightly more risk than a vaccine that took 5 years to roll out and test as per usual. But again what is the alternative? Are you happy in lockdown indefinitely because I sure as heck am not. Life is for living. Its not for hiding away from every possible threat until you die.

• @SDOAFIT No I am not saying wait 5 years, just voicing my concerns that this will be rushed through and corners will be cut, the money involved is a huge incentive for pharmaceutical companies. I am actually against lockdowns as I think the damage they have and will cause is worse than covid19 itself. Surely there must be a way to protect the vunerable and people that are at greater risk without locking everyone down. Even the WHO have said they should only be used as a last line of defence. It appears the Government use this as their first, surely that has to change going forward.

@SDOAFIT No I am not saying wait 5 years, just voicing my concerns that this will be rushed through and corners will be cut, the money involved is a huge incentive for pharmaceutical companies. I am actually against lockdowns as I think the damage they have and will cause is worse than covid19 itself. Surely there must be a way to protect the vunerable and people that are at greater risk without locking everyone down. Even the WHO have said they should only be used as a last line of defence. It appears the Government use this as their first, surely that has to change going forward.

Agree with you on lockdowns.

Not with vaccines though. We basically allow some corners to be cut or have pretty serious disruption to our lives for potentially a long time.

• @MJC 0 liability and Im sure the first one to get a vaccine out will recieve a massive financial reward, cant see any problems here....nope none at all.

• @SDOAFIT Fair enough, but we need more than 2 options (lockdown or a vaccine) to combat this.

• @Kanzz That is my major issue, $'s over safety.

@SDOAFIT Fair enough, but we need more than 2 options (lockdown or a vaccine) to combat this.

It's the Western public.

In China there are minimal restrictions now because people are more disciplined. Probably one of the rare occasions we're communist rule works. My girlfriend isn't going home this year as they rightly don't want anyone from UK do she would have to quarantine. And by quarantine not a UK type please stay at home quarantine.

If everyone was sensible then yes but they aren't. Given up being annoyed with them. Western public will spread this thing so you either need heavy lockdowns, live with it or vaccines.

I would be for the live with it strategy but if hospital's can't cope then I guess maybe it's not an option.

I do understand your concerns and clearly money is pushing the vaccines. But all things considered a rushed vaccine provided it has cleared the required stages is the best of the options in my mind. The concerns over it are much less than the concerns over the alternatives.

• @MJC 100%, they have no doubt cut every corner possible to push this out so quickly.
    Vaccines can have issues after even YEARS of testing, this thing is just an accident waiting to happen.
    Would rather take my chances with Covid than the vaccine tbh.

• @MJC At this point people aint going to put up with much of either tbh.
    Getting to a boiling point now, wouldnt fancy being a police officer about now, especially one who trys to break up the wrong big family xmas dinner round my part....

They will get bottled off the whole street lol

• @Kanzz Yes, I'm a fit and healthy 51 year old. Think I will put trust in my immune system.

@Kanzz Yes, I'm a fit and healthy 51 year old. Think I will put trust in my immune system.

Is everyone you have contact with the same though?

• @Ddr Family and friends that I would be in close contact with yes. Otherwise I will sensibly practice safe hygiene and social distancing.

@Ddr Family and friends that I would be in close contact with yes. Otherwise I will sensibly practice safe hygiene and social distancing.

And how about everyone that they come into contact with? Whilst I understand peoples reticence to have the vaccine due to shortened testing and research, the potential spread we can cause to others who are a few degrees of separation from us must also be considered