Is it any wonder

• As the post suggests really, hold a fair few Maxime Lopez and have no intention of selling but everyday will have a browse to see if orders are on any players, Maxime Lopez is currently valued at 65p, who in their right mind thinks I going to sell him to you for 33p, it's ridiculous and one of the biggest reasons for liquidity issues as far as I can see, buyers could put in more realistic bids which would get the market moving. All these people moaning are the ones probably putting in stupid bids and saying the liquidity is shit, realistic bids gets people selling and therefore re-buying

• A flawed pricing mechanism says he's valued at 65p.in Thursday you can set your own sell price and see if anyone decides to buy him then.

• @Zizou can you tho ? If no one is bidding now why would they take up a sell offer?

• @AndydfopT I'm not saying anyone will be buying him, but someone has obviously put a bid and if @MUFC puts in a decent sell offer and someone sees value in it they'll buy.

People have been conditioned into putting in bids because of the ME, hopefully when people put in decent sell offers in, they'll get snapped up.

• 35p for a bit of ink of a screen, asking way too much for something which wont return money. No thank you.

• @Bad-Boss already won 2 pb you absolute clown, do your research or wind your neck in

• i bought Jamie Vardy for 75p yesterday and yet if i wanted to sell him now i could only ask 1p below the instant sell which was just over a pound.So how is if possible for me to have bought Vardy at such a low price?The only explanation is that someone has had a sell price of 75p for him in for a very long time when his price was that low??

• This post is deleted!

• @NewUser366897 That's not the only way to sell. The Instant Sell option allows you to accept the highest Buy Bids on the player at that moment in time. Same way that you bought the player

• @Bad-Boss said in Is it any wonder:

35p for a bit of ink of a screen, asking way too much for something which wont return money. No thank you.

Do you live in a cave?

• @MUFC

I bid at the bottom every time and I'm here to tell you, every single bid has been accepted. Some take a few days, some a week but every single one gets matched.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Is it any wonder:

@MUFC

I bid at the bottom every time and I'm here to tell you, every single bid has been accepted. Some take a few days, some a week but every single one gets matched.

Fair enough, there will always be desperate people but I would guess in the majority of cases people would say no way am I selling at 20% loss let alone 50%

• @MUFC

That BUY PRICE is just a piece of fiction now. Once you've bought at the bottom, it's the SELL PRICE you're tracking. The BUY PRICE may never move, but the SELL PRICE fluctuates all the time.

You can try hold out for the spread to close towards the top, but you're up against a guy like me who got in at the bottom and whenever I see the SELL PRICE up to a certain level, I'm taking my profit, eating up those bids, which is causing his SELL PRICE to drop and taking a buyer out of the system.... then I'm getting back in at the bottom to repeat the cycle.

Eventually, you're gonna get sick of waiting. Then what?

The game has changed my man. It's hurt us all, but we have to adapt to it (which is a difficult pill to swallow, especially at the minute with no bids) but we're up against people who are just coming on to the platform, they don't need to adapt, they can just bid low and have done.

• @MUFC

Here's a tiny example.

I had a fivers worth of divs left and Cristian Tello is someone I'm happy to build a small hold of out of the left overs.

Today you can see that I cancelled my Sell Order of 52p at 16:57, so that I could chuck the bid in at just 24p, and half-hour later that bid had been matched.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 17.31.27.png

That's much faster than I expected. Often it takes a day or two. Now, if you're the guy who bought him for 60p just 2 weeks ago, I can see why you'd be reluctant to sell. But if I see a bid go in for 36p, that's a 50% profit for me, even though you'd see it as a 40% loss.

So what are you gonna do, hold him until he expires?

• @Dan-The-Man until a more realistic valuation comes in

• @MUFC said in Is it any wonder:

@Dan-The-Man until a more realistic valuation comes in

OK, but how's that going to happen if you've got a guy taking the bids that are unacceptable to you because they are losses for you, but they significant profits for him?

• @Dan-The-Man again surely that's half the issue here, people locked in before order books and instant sell lost are fucked potentially, people starting new are probably at a advantage to current long term holders

• @MUFC said in Is it any wonder:

@Dan-The-Man again surely that's half the issue here, people locked in before order books and instant sell lost are fucked potentially, people starting new are probably at a advantage to current long term holders

Yeah 100% mate.

That's why I shouted from the rooftops for most of the year that they'd screwed us all big time with these changes.

Those who have liquidity are able to thrive but those who were stuck, were absolutely shafted because they couldn't get out and the change meant the prices would be driven down, so people who were stuck, had to watch as their ports died in front of their eyes.