Spend before or after Thursday?

• Wanting to dip back in, but where is the general feel for Thursday? Will it be a better time to buy then or after, or tomorrow before the 2% commission comes in.

• I feel there will be a further dip on Thursday so I’d personally buy after

• I've purchased a few Messi,Fernandes and neymar although no way over committing.
    I feel the premiums will bounce first and I'd rather be holding some than to chase a rise but christ knows how it will go.
    Lots of deadwood will be sold and people will want to flock to quality holds that pay dividends.
    Many peoples ports are gonna look alot different in the next few days and if they don't adjust they will loose out.

• Buy prices will dip but i struggle to see how IS prices will go much lower on the majority. Buy prices to fall and narrow the spreads, the floor on lots of players are very fair already but folk are hesitant as it could be a bit cheaper every day at present.

That's my take, I've been buying in this week especially with the 2% comms you need floor zones to drop at least 3% Thursday with no one scooping up prices and if that occurs then it will go against what FI don't want happening again.

• I'm expecting my port value to drop but that drop being based largely on spreads from buy prices to sell prices being closed out.

I've done my last top up for the season pre-Thursday to settle my port and have put 80% of that into Neymar and Messi, just because at the prices they're currently selling at, I don't see how you don't make at least 60% in divs alone on the new structure. I'd also expect both of those guys to be among the first risers when things start moving again.

• I have personally been bidding very very low these last weeks and most of them actually getting matched (I know, contributing to the general crash but it’s not my fault they bloody accept minimum bids). I expect prices to crash further and that we will touch the bottom on Thursday and following days and I’m thinking of just being an spectator from Thu until Sat/Sun.

Getting the hands off the 1p sell offer limit makes it the closest to what’s considered a free market. Just like with Brown Day following which the limit was implemented.

Just my opinion.

• I would be slightly surprised to see the top end drop much further on Thursday and even if it does there will quickly be takers at the lower prices and then a bidding war will start.

I've made my moves already at prices I'm comfortable with and if they drop a bit more on Thursday then I'm confident they'll bounce back up within a few days, if not less.

I think quite a few traders will have a similar approach - get your ducks in a row now and largely avoid getting sucked into a bidding war. I didn't want to miss out on topping up my holds just for the sake of trying to eke out a few more pence off what is already a ridiculously low price.

Of course I could be wrong, and everything could go to shit. However i'm holding all of my port for the long haul and I know I've bought great value holds so will just ride it out.

• @Wotabeast I have done the same I have decided to go bruno over jack g , 5.84 on matched bids seems super value and its straight in to a good day against west brom followed my champions league game and Turkish team always get well beat in England 9 fixtures Bruno is in the next 30

• Nobody knows.

Will it crash and recover? will the circuit breakers stop it crashing at all...? Will FI run a huge promotion and everything flies up?

It's really anyone's guess.

If I was FI i'd be planning a whopper of a promotion.

• Hard to predict. But like someone said on another thread, prices surely will only go so low that you'd be absolutely crazy to sell them at that price. How could you sell a top end player that returns £2/3 a year in divs, for anything less than £4. But that's my view cos in reality shouldn't drop less than £6 but it has. 🙈

• If I was a betting man, which I am, I would think that as people start to sell players who they couldn’t sell before- and releasing funds, these will either be withdrawn or go straight into the PB players. That’s why I’m topping up now.

• @Ryan2 That's how or should i say hope will happen.
    Many been tied in to bad buys for months but money released from these will (if anyone has any sense😉) be either withdrawn or put in to quality holds.

• The market is going to take a big turn up after Thursday as the new mechanics will stop the bleeding and I fully expect FI to increase liquidity substantially so as to bring in positive sentiment.

Market depth is the key to the market increasing, as now everyone will be able to see where traders actually want to sell at rather than just seeing the lowest offer and this will stop people panic selling.

Lots of fearless traders snapping up bargains presently but if you are at all worried stay out of the market until you see the recovery happening.

As FI has removed their liability from the market, the real market is about to start. Best of luck for the future as the FI hunger games are about to start from Thursday (Trader V Trader) 😉

• I would buy the big earners now and everyone else on Thursday. The money will go into them on Thursday and they will rise quickly imo but there will be plenty of drops elsewhere.

• @Karl said in Spend before or after Thursday?:

The market is going to take a big turn up after Thursday as the new mechanics will stop the bleeding and I fully expect FI to increase liquidity substantially so as to bring in positive sentiment.

Market depth is the key to the market increasing, as now everyone will be able to see where traders actually want to sell at rather than just seeing the lowest offer and this will stop people panic selling.

Lots of fearless traders snapping up bargains presently but if you are at all worried stay out of the market until you see the recovery happening.

As FI has removed their liability from the market, the real market is about to start. Best of luck for the future as the FI hunger games are about to start from Thursday (Trader V Trader) 😉

Its going to be a bit of both I think.

Like others have said, its finally a chance to get out of unwanted holds so some players could truly crash a long way.

But there are a lot of players that most agree are under-priced but people are reluctant to put money in. So if people can release funds from the unwanted rubbish the high sentiment players could potential fly. It wouldn't take much money going into them as if they did rise people would unlist.

If some players do start rising then, could be a pump fest on Twitter. Not necessarily just high-end.

If I was buying under-the-radar players, I would definitely wait till thursday/friday. Top-end, if I buy then the prices are low enough now so would do it tomorrow probably. Not decided whether to stick anythig else in.

• @Ryan2 agree with this, if people can eventually get rid of some of the players that been trying to for ages even at rock bottom...... that money is going to be ploughed back in immediately.

After a few hours I can see prices starting to rise.

End of day what has anyone got to lose by buying in and hitting 7 or 8 ipd games.............

• Also buy today or tomorrow are you not avoiding the buy commission???

and getting a rebate??????