Dubious media mentions

• Thought it was supposed to be positive media?

How can "willian needs to test negative" score points? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• Yeah I was going to post this, one about Bale as well and corona?

Also I hold Torres, Pogba Grealish and Messi πŸ˜‚

• I was expecting the corona stories to be removed by now, they usually are. Guess the man or woman that removes stories at FI is not working today, hopefully they will be all over it in the morning.

• A bit of a pain that I have an email from CS from when Neymar had MB after the PSG-Marseille game with 5 reds and they removed the stories because "they weren't football related".

Bit embarrassing to be honest.

• MB is atrocious. It needs binning off imo, or more human oversight anyway. I dont see why it needs to be "live". Do it on a 24 hour delay, and pay us on in arrears so someone can filter the results and justify any of the questionnable stories picked up by the algorithm.

We have market downtime now to cool the jets, but MB picks up any old shite or FI contradict themselves over whats allowed or not and we all just carry on putting up with it day in day out. Needs fixing.

• Awful show on the MB front this evening. Looking more and more like FI have less interest in their product lately. This needs addressing ASAP. πŸ‘Ž

• @Leighton what would you suggest for the summer months when there is no football? Because without MB the market could pretty much die.

• @Lukeroro A daily raffle.

Every day random players from the top 200 are drawn on a live draw and they win divs.

I think it would be amazing :D

• I wonder if FI have just furloughed everyone and decided to live the last month (or six) monitoring things once a week to check if things are still running???

In all honesty, what's the difference between a 'injury' or 'illness' story... so i wouldn't have a problem with 'anybody' winning MB on anything, although I do understand the 'need' to take certain stories out of the limelight!

My biggest worry about FI is however, that nobody controlling it seems to give a f*ck what's happening!!!! are they all living in la la land??????

• @Lukeroro said in Dubious media mentions:

@Leighton what would you suggest for the summer months when there is no football? Because without MB the market could pretty much die.

It's the quality of media mentions that needs looking into, thought they had installed technology to filter out trash like fails covid test πŸ™„πŸ™ˆ

Or more by the sound of it, a human on furlough!! 😑

• Yeh exactly. Keep MB but more quality control required. The algorithm is failing so have some eyes on it instead, the day after so it can be properly vetted. Shouldn't take too much work to do should it? Whatevs.

• @Bluemist said in Dubious media mentions:

@Lukeroro said in Dubious media mentions:

@Leighton what would you suggest for the summer months when there is no football? Because without MB the market could pretty much die.

It's the quality of media mentions that needs looking into, thought they had installed technology to filter out trash like fails covid test πŸ™„πŸ™ˆ

Or more by the sound of it, a human on furlough!! 😑

Think I remember an announcement that they had put that on the back burners due to Covid blah blah. Don't quote me, I'm not 100%.

• I am chatting to Live support about The Corona Cases and this is what they have said

Thank you for contacting Football Index, I hope you are well today.
    Do you mean articles stating that a player has covid being rewarded with media points ?

Me
    Yeah i had read that any stories regarding Covid wouldnt count to a players MEdia points for that day?
    Yet yesterday Willian won with covid stories and Salah covid stories just taken him to first

Andrew
    They sometimes get credited points but then they will get removed at some point during the day

Me
    But it paid out yesterdays top 3 this morning already
    and they werent removed?

Andrew
    Let me take a look, one moment please.
    okay thanks

Me
    Bale and Willian were top 2 and they both had Covid stories

Andrew
    Ok. Salahs from today I can flag up to get the m removed.
    Let me see about yesterdays.

Me
    for example
    Daily Mirror

• 80 points
      Tue, 17th Nov 16:43
      Gareth Bale suffers coronavirus scare ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Man City
      Independent
    • 60 points
      Tue, 17th Nov 16:16
      Gareth Bale reveals coronavirus concerns after Tottenham teammate Matt Doherty tests positive

Also - Talksport

• 40 points
      Tue, 17th Nov 20:50
      Arsenal winger Willian β€˜has to return negative COVID-19 test before he can rejoin Gunners’ as trip to Dubai raises questions

Daily Mail

• 40 points
      Tue, 17th Nov 19:07
      Arsenal winger Willian 'will have to test negative for coronavirus before returning to training'
      for Willian

Andrew
    Ok I can flag these articles up but as they have already been paid out dividends it may be to late to reverse the decision, but I am happy to raise it for you.

Me
    I only say it because i hold Messi/Grealish/Pogba who would have been Top 3 i believe and i see a lot of concern on the forums

Andrew
    I understand, obviously we monitor this but with so many player getting or being linked with covid these days it is very hard for all articles to be spotted. As I say I will raise it to the relevant team to see if they want to make any adjustments for this.

Me

Okay if you can check, I know a lot of people on the forum are questioning the Media Divs/stories

Andrew
    Yes I will raise this issue and see what we can do for you, we do have a new media monitor being released soon that should hopefully be a better version going forward.

Me
    Ah great when is this being released?

Andrew
    It is in the final stages of testing so no release date as of yet but I don't think it is to far away.

Me
    Okay great, this month? next month? rough estimate?

Andrew
    This has not been confirmed yet so I can't put a timeframe on this for you.

Me
    OkayOf course not

• I presume Salah will keep his MB for today seeing as Bale won yesterday with Covid stories. I'll be popping an email to FI if not, see if I can get some pennies back, worth a go.

• Ignore my post, dragon answered my question by posting at the same time.

• @Harmonica pop my name on that e-mail too ;)

Anyone else think it would be better to just say whatever goes, like if its positive, negative, whatever...it counts. Saying negative news doesn't count only creates subjective grey areas and potential complaints.

• @Dragon4Life you bastard, snitching on Salah! Knowing me, he'll drop down but Bale and Willian keep theres. Sounds about right.

• @howsthebacon Haha Snitches get dividends.

God knows what they will do about it.

• I think they should just keep all media negative and positive, keep it simple but that will never happen as people would then be making money from for example a footballer being racist or assaulting someone etc etc. People are to sensitive these days for that to happen and it is probably not very professional for a company to be paying out for such stories. I can see the headlines now!

• Ffs! Salah been removed, nice one Dragon!! πŸ˜‚ How do you do live chat? Does it have to be through Facebook? If so I'll just send an email, cheers?