API

• @Noirx4 Thanks for the heads up. That's a shame

• I've been considering how the Pumpers and dumpers are so accurate and the IPO speed at which people get to market.

I would consider it impossible for a human being to monitor and purchase hundreds of futures and therefore consider that there must be APIs at work.

In view of the above are we saying that there are APIs on the index at work already or that FI themselves artificially move markets to stop the algorithms that would allow API interaction (i.e create artificial spikes)

• Can I ask how you get all your data @Noirx4 ?

• Can anyone tell me what the fuck an API is?

• Also @LuaLua how did you find this??? It’s over 8 months old

• @Ringers An explanation!
    So, what exactly is an API?
    An application program interface (API) is a toolset that programmers can use to help them create software. To put it simply, an API specifies how software components should interact.

To describe the concept in further detail, you need to comprehend the basics. Let’s start with my favorite analogy of a restaurant menu. When you go to a restaurant to eat, you choose from the selection on the menu. From this point, you convey your choices to the waiter. He/she then takes your choices to the chef, they prepare your meal and it’s returned to you for a nice meal. From this point, you may ask yourself, do you know what the chef used in your fish or steak? How was it prepared? This back and forth analogy serves as a starting point for this explanation.

Why? Because with an API, you really don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes at the restaurant. All you really know is that you gave your food order, it was processed and out came your dinner on a nice plate.

A real-world example
    A real-world example is buying movie tickets online. You go to the movie site, you enter your movie, name and credit card information, and lo and behold, you print out your tickets. But what’s going on between entering your information to receiving your ticket? APIs, that’s what!

They are collaborating behind the scenes with other applications. How is this possible you ask? This type of integration is called “seamless” because you never have a clue when a software role is passed from one application to another.

Hope this helps or have the waters got muddier?🙃

• @Ringers typed in API football index on google
    and this thread was first search result

• @LuaLua AND?

• @fantasyindex and i clicked on it?

Sorry don't understand the question.

• @LuaLua Really, pretty obvious to me, does 9 smell like the colour Purple!!!!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.