Market Manipulation Warning

• Hi, Don't want to be the barer of bad news but there is a slight flaw with the new update.

So Consigi lots of depth...

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 10.18.24.png

Let me just put a 1 share offer on for 26/27/28 and most of the offers dissapear. Still lots of depth, just its hidden. Pretty obvious with 1 offer at each price but imagine say 10 shares 100 shares 300 shares, COULD crash the price.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 10.20.10.png

Gonna remove the bids now as its a pretty shady thing to do, The top of my head fix. Think it probably should show all offers to buy / sell maybe?

Or I am overreacting again. We shall see.

• That would most likely be a automated bot thing which happens on all exchange markets, maybe some market makers. So nothing shady, no need to worry

• I think they need to get away from showing these weird averages for the buy and sell prices. Just display best current bid and best current offer at the top level (then you can dig down into the depth obviously). Right now Guirassy is showing as Sell at 51p / Buy at 70p. But the spread is actually much tighter - best sell price is 55p / best buy price is 59p. The tighter spread gets people much more interested in trading.

• How do i go about getting more than 3 downvotes per day.

It's just not enough for this bellend

• Erm..... huh?

• @NewUser395079 said in Market Manipulation Warning:

How do i go about getting more than 3 downvotes per day.

It's just not enough for this bellend

So you want to downvote me for pointing out a potential way people could crash prices before people exploit it ? So that hopefully it will be fixed. Are you planning on using it or something and don't want people to know?

@NewUser7 said in Market Manipulation Warning:

That would most likely be a automated bot thing which happens on all exchange markets, maybe some market makers. So nothing shady, no need to worry

But I (as a normal user) am able to place the bids. Rather than a MM or FI Bots. Maybe they should only allow offers at one price to fix it.

• @Toptom But they want to get to more like a free market don't they so we need to be able to place multiple offers. Just like any other exchange.

• Thing is, yes you can hide the true depth by doing what you showed, but the fact that you only list 1 share at each point is going to have a minimal effect on the average of the 900 lowest offers.

If you're listing more than 1 per price point then yes this will lead some to perceive a drop in prices.....however this is where the average of all traders offers on a certain player can be handy, as you can see that the is is considerably lower then the average offer

• of course the market is manipulated ... any market with stops on bids and offers is by definition manipulated

• @IndexMania most markets have people that try to manipulate them, FI are not manipulating it they just have restrictions on it until we are a fully free market. Then when we are a free market people will still try and manipulate it for there own gain, there's no point worrying about it just control yourself as that's all you can do.