Great market now for new investors and.........

• those who have been able to keep their heads above water,low prices and high yields on offer for all those who have survived the changes,onwards and upwards.

• Yeh.. but in a way not fair on loyal FI traders.

• Brilliant, from a starting position of minus 2000. It's a fucking joke.

• @AndydfopT
    Can I ask are you more annoyed the players you bought are available cheaper but still value them at higher than what you paid?

Or do you feel you didn't put a true value on the players you bought at the time & regret it?

Not a dig just curious as I've seen you post plenty lately is all.

• @Roon I gambled in a different product, the value was calculated very different then

• @NewUser65276 We are drowning mate

• @AndydfopT the instant sell(back to Fi)was removed and that was a big blow but prices have been Sky high since then during the summer so it's not like some folk haven't had an opportunity to sell up.

What made you pay higher prices than now since say July when football returned? I'm presuming you've bought into players since then.

Again this isn't a dig in just trying to understand it from your view and others.

• @Roon I haven't bought bought anyone apart from reinvesting divs. Oh sorry I bought kimmich after brown Sunday. In Hindsight I should of sold the day before FI flipped the index on its head. It's been gone over so many times. The whole market wasn't based around returning 100 % on a player in divs. Capp app was a game too. Divs or potential divs were the driving force obviously. Who could of seen FI letting this collapse happen?

• @Roon The thing is Roon, @AndydfopT's purchases, just like mine, and plenty of other peoples purchases, were very well justified not so long ago.

The bitterness is because if they move the goals, it subsequently means you have to change your game, and whilst we're all intelligent enough to adapt, it would have been nice to have had the chance to do so.

In one fowl swoop, dividends increased, we all pumped money in, and within the drop of a hat, the goalposts moved, the market crashed, and we're sat on debt with players we cannot move on because they're overpriced and don't have a IS value.

I'd like to trade, on a platform that proclaims to allow you to trade. It's quite simple really.

• @UncleBeard well said, I'm just shit at explaining

• @UncleBeard I understand that & I have a few myself that I didn't envisage going anywhere near as low as they are currently.

It wasn't overnight the changes were implemented (order books) so plenty seemed fit to leave(as plenty keep telling us on here Newusers1234)

Cap app has changed but in my opinion of didn't make any sense previous really, folk bought because other folk bought. People were second guessing other users, It worked at the time but it didn't make it right or sustainable.

Cap app now as mentioned on a similar thread Is a player outperforming market expected dividends & that will be a relative slow process from now on IMO.

• @Roon There was mass overvaluation - I started in the summer and, if I remember rightly, my first forum post was about it (and was not too well received). But the issue is that shares had an obvious relative value - and at a time of confidence, belief in capital appreciation and further dividend increases down the line motivated a belief in the normativity of these prices. I read multiple times people parroting a belief that players were undervalued because dividends had been increased, which was based on a false premise that former prices generally represented value relative to earnings potential, which they didnt in many cases.

But for me, although some prices were bonkers, FI has to take the brunt of the blame. Investors were promised certain things which were not delivered - i.e the complete implementation of a new trading system, market makers, and I think I even read about FI guaranteeing IS in the short to medium term. If this had happened, peoples ports wouldn't have been hit so badly and there would have been more room to adapt to a changing market. It should also be noted that the 8% bonus furthered the issue for me. People generally sold in the first window and brought in the second, pushing prices to far higher than they should be. And you can blame investors - and indeed many pushed for it at a time of hit portfolios - but it heightened a drop and the consequent further hit to the market. It was again of FI's making - a short term fix to issues already there which only FI's work, by then, could fix. .

This is mainly FI's fault. If they had delivered what they promised, then you could have blamed the investors, but they haven't. And it's not just undervalued players that have been hit - I was picking up one player this week for a price cheaper than he had earned for me in dividends in the first two months of the season. Good value was hit too and this isn't the fault of investors.

And this market might be ripe for new investors but the loyal ones helped make this product, and the streams of bad reviews and negative sentiment will not be attractive to those unaware of how good many of the prices now are. The first priority should always be keeping the current investors happy.

• @UncleBeard said in Great market now for new investors and.........:

In one fowl swoop, dividends increased, we all pumped money in, and within the drop of a hat, the goalposts moved, the market crashed, and we're sat on debt with players we cannot move on because they're overpriced and don't have a IS value.

I have lots of sympathy for people that have been messed around by the shift, but we knew the changes were coming LONG before the double dividends. It can't be an excuse when you frame it like that.

Placing a bet and being told it's changing while half way through it is bullshit.

Placing a bet when you know full well it's gonna change at some point soon, then complaining you've lost money when it does is different, and I think anyone in this situation has to shoulder some blame

• I have to admit that FI have moved the goalposts from the initial product and the changes have harmed investors but thankful I have avoided losses and recognise the attraction for new money and new investors from this point forwards,the yields are fantastic as well as surely a share price recovery at some point in the future.

Every investment that man ever made had a top and bottom of the market and you have to adjust and read the market and react to the conditions of that market. The real issue now is can we make money in the conditions of this market,how much and for how long?

• Bruno offered at 6.19 this morning, now 6.03. Should i read anything into this?

I’ve lost hope of him being £8 again, but surely he should be £7?

I hate “bargins” because i want to deposit more, but also don’t want to screw myself over.

• @Roon

Well, with the cureent state of rhe market at the time hey were good value.. . Who could say FI would collapse as such. If this keeps happening FI will.go bust.

Im giving them benefot of the doubt in the fact that its a new product and still finding its feet. Once fully established the volatility should stop.

I wish i invested feom today.

• I think that the underlying issue is that we can't trust traders with setting the prices.

We've got to give it a go for a bit, but I think a simpler Buy or Sell price would make a big difference.

It would certainly stop the leap frogging down that we've seen for the last several months.

• @Falcon
    Nobody forseen the absolute carnage but plenty thought individuals were too high and predicted dips etc.

If you still believe in the prices you paid then don't worry what other are trading at right now as frustrating as that is.

If you don't then you have to partially think why was I happy to not sell in the summer at high prices?

• @Mere-Mortal said in Great market now for new investors and.........:

I think that the underlying issue is that we can't trust traders with setting the prices.

We've got to give it a go for a bit, but I think a simpler Buy or Sell price would make a big difference.

It would certainly stop the leap frogging down that we've seen for the last several months.

That first part is the nail on the head. FI has put the market largely in the hands of gamblers, not traders.

Opportunists will lowball as much as possible knowing that sellers will lose their bottle and cash in as they're not actually traders who have experience of markets having peaks and troughs - the price then continues to drop and the process repeats.

FI really needs to implement some sort of system where they can intercept the price when it's too low on a player otherwise where does it stop? Messi's the FI king at £1?

• @Timmy yeah can't argue against that certainly haven't helped themselves bud.

I still feel too many were happy to buy on the way up like many did without a care,then as things are crashing worrying what true prices are now.

Selling right now can't be a good thing for anyone can it ?