Highest player is now £5.99

• Good points - Yield % is now amazing and even Sancho at £5.99 would return almost 5% with a star man win on a gold day. Others now have huge yield potential. (Neves at 70p, Cyprian at 90p and about another 300 other players I could name)

Negatives - When does the bleeding stop? How low can the prices get before it bounces back? Every time I think we’ve hit the bottom it goes down by another 10p.

What are peoples thoughts? FI must surely tweak how the ‘Buy now price’ is calculated so stop it being so volatile.

Thank God football is back now as dividends are the only way to make money now.

• Sancho is so overrated on FI, not worth holding. He’s the new Sterling.

• @Evoke89 Sterling is now decent value tbf

• Still less than 12% roi, no? Don’t see any MB for him with Kane, Messi, Transfers, Grealish etc Personally and his PB doesn’t impress vs other options. Also may soon be competing with Messi every week.

Nothing wrong with a hold, just not high on my list. But he dies have years un the tank.

• @Evoke89 There are definitely better options but he would have earnt 44p from PB last season if the current dividends were applied. He won't earn as much as the usual media suspects but I expect an ok return with the Euros in the summer. Kane, Grealish and Rashford can't win them all! Very good fixtures for City post Spurs too.

• Others have said it here - Dividend is KING. If you have funds you are in a very good position right now.

It has been said countless times so no ned to elaborate. Watch the divs come rolling in if you have spent wisely.

It is those who can't shift players with no current div potential who are feeling it and I feel for them.

• @Kipper72 It's nothing to do with spending wisely. Value has crumbled compared to when we made this bet, due entirely to FI's poor decisions.

A walk through my port, tell me if these are shit players that deserve the drops....

Gnabry - 41% down
    Maddison (bought 2 days ago) 16% down
    Dybala - 36% down
    Kramaric - 24% down
    Angelino - 18% down
    Coutinho - 36% down
    Depay - 17% down

There are more, but it's too depressing to keep checking.

These are ALL dividend winners, that will win again, but they could keep playing until they are 50 and not win enough dividends to make a profit at this rate

I don't buy shit players. and i've lost £2000 today.

Just today.

I'm fucking feeling it.

• @NewUser395079 You are one of the most vocal negative users on this forum, at least give yourself a name.

Yes your buys have gone down in value, but maybe you should have waited if wanted to spread your risk, hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you didn’t value the players to win back at least 50% in dividends when you bought them a few days ago then it is certainly not FIs fault your bought them.

This day was always coming and will eventually hit a spot where nobody will be willing to sell for silly money, then, offers to buy slowly but surely rise above each other to compete for those shares in circulation.

This is a great time for market makers to come in, or even FI to to purchase and take some shares out of the market place to decrease supply.

• @Node Not interested in having a name. Who cares who the posts come from. We're all customers.

• @NewUser395079 interesting, for all that I responded to you and you simply picked up on the name.

From now on I shall address you as Ronny Pickering as you seem to have his temper.

• @NewUser395079 said in Highest player is now £5.99:

@Kipper72 It's nothing to do with spending wisely. Value has crumbled compared to when we made this bet, due entirely to FI's poor decisions.

A walk through my port, tell me if these are shit players that deserve the drops....

Gnabry - 41% down
    Maddison (bought 2 days ago) 16% down
    Dybala - 36% down
    Kramaric - 24% down
    Angelino - 18% down
    Coutinho - 36% down
    Depay - 17% down

There are more, but it's too depressing to keep checking.

These are ALL dividend winners, that will win again, but they could keep playing until they are 50 and not win enough dividends to make a profit at this rate

I don't buy shit players. and i've lost £2000 today.

Just today. I'm fucking feeling it.

Those players are completely fine mate - exactly what you need to win divs.

I agree the idea that dividend wins will bridge the drop in your players port value is somewhat mythical.. for some players sure but not for all of them.. and even then, it seems we’re left in a position where we will have to wait months / years just to reduce our losses / break even on a player as a result of FI’s incompetence..? How boring and depressing is that thought.

This whole ‘spending wisely’ I find amusing as well.. no one knows what the ‘right’ price is in this market anymore as it’s so volatile and panic ridden. It’s simply luck as to when people think we’re now at the bottom. I too bought Maddison a couple of days ago at 1.91 (lowest bid, good price I thought).. he’s now 1.50ish.. he should never drop lower than this with the dividends on offer but traders with cash ready will be tempted to hold off. Not because of some statistical analysis they’ve done but simply on the chance he drops to 1.20 in another few days which wouldn’t surprise anyone.. it’s basically roulette.

• @NewUser346198 said in Highest player is now £5.99:

This whole ‘spending wisely’ I find amusing as well.

Nothing amusing to me......Buy players who will win divs at a reduced rate while others are shitting themselves. That's my idea of spending wisley. I don't think I need to list the players.

• @Kipper72

"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

• @NewUser395079 said in Highest player is now £5.99:

@Kipper72

"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

That is a GREAT quote mate.

If I keep my head when my main investments in renewable energy including hydrogen fuel, windfarms and tidal energy collapse then perhaps I haven't understood, but they are doing fine.

With the small amount of my disposable income in FI I don't think I will lose my head and if I do it won't be that serious.

It is those who have overspent here that I feel for but if you hold tight with those you have mentioned in your port I'm sure you will start to get back some money.

• I haven't really logged in today apart from briefly this morning. I can't believe the state of the market at the moment, the lack of bids is concerning. No more than 2 levels of bids on most players and most of them are in single digits.

I look at the prices and just laugh now at how cheap they are, it's unbelievable. I haven't deposited in a long time and if it wasn't nearly christmas i'd seriously consider putting some more money in again.

• @Zizou it’s a bit odd and concerning that you find it concerning and want to put more in.... surely that’s not responsible as you kind of suggest yourself.

• @OneBigHoliday I haven't got money spare money to "risk" at the moment. I'm in a weird situation where i sold up and withdrew most of my money a few months ago but still have some invested and have recycled my port numerous times since brown sunday so i've never had a massive drop in port value.

But seeing the prices tonight is the first time in a while i can see potentially amazing value in a lot of players. Most players are cheaper than what they were when i first joined 18 months ago and divs have probably quadrupled in that time.

I personally would rather buy a select few players now rather than wait a few months for MMs to come in and prices rise (if there's anyone still here then).

• @Zizou ok.. as long as you know what you’re doing. Cash is king.. especially in the real world. I never see it as investing, FI have marketed it cleverly... we are gambling. It’s not like your buying a stake in Unilever... look at Giggs.. it only takes 1 pissed up footballer to do something stupid an you “could” lose thousands. Adam Johnson.. etc. They’re only on a pitch for 90mins at best. I know these are rare incidents, but they happen.

• @Node you bought over priced shares in a 'gold rush' and then saw a, decrease in portfolio when there was a correction. This is literally how trading shares works especially in an immature market.

• @NewUser683052 said in Highest player is now £5.99:

@Node you bought over priced shares in a 'gold rush' and then saw a, decrease in portfolio when there was a correction. This is literally how trading shares works especially in an immature market.

They weren't over-priced though were they ?

I've uninstalled the app - will just check at weekends on desktop and spend the dividends. It really isn't worth worrying about.

Football Index is a betting platform - you make bets and can sell them on if you want to. Technically the bets have to be reviewed every 3 years but this has never been applied. The situation now is that people placed bets and are being offered cash-outs at a fraction of what they are worth in terms of their likely return. Unless you need money (in which case you shouldn't have made the bets) then there is no rational reason to sell unless you truly believe FI will go bust which seems incredibly unlikely.

Either someone is going to offer me a sensible offer or I will let them run their course.