My portfolio is being valued on a few hundred shares owned by people wanting out of FI

• Have I got this completely wrong ..... or is my portfolio being valued on the tiniest percentage of shares at the lowest end of the market, owned by people who want to run for the hills ?

Surely once these people have sold and left the prices will spring back up..... OK, maybe not to the lofty heights of the values, pre moving the goal posts. But to more sensible values based on 3 year yields.

Or am I missing something ?

• @Three-lions Not everyone selling is leaving. Some are selling to reinvest and some are selling to buy back 2 hours later when the prices have fallen further.

• @Timmy said in My portfolio is being valued on a few hundred shares owned by people wanting out of FI:

@Three-lions Not everyone selling is leaving. Some are selling to reinvest and some are selling to buy back 2 hours later when the prices have fallen further.

This.

Although i would sit the weekend out...just incase 🙂

• FI have fucked the market by introducing OBs with no liquidity in the midst of a global pandemic. With no buyers and no exit strategy, prices are falling as sellers are trying to sell.

Apparently a share is only held for approximately 3 days on average. Removing that liquidity has had a serious impact on prices as nobody can sell.

• @Zizou I find it bind blowing, surely to them the depth was transparent, why would they push integration at a time like this? Knowing the market is thin?

Plus market trend is that people withdraw in November/December for Christmas.

My own opinion on the matter would have been to release in full in 2021, everything 2020 related has turned into a massive pile of shite!

• @UncleBeard It doesnt really make sense why they rushed to get OBs in for September. The only thing i can think is they made big promises about NASDAQ coming in, which would bring in OBs, market depth, new IPO system and market makers. Something has obviously happend with NASDAQ which has delayed their integration, maybe COVID maybe something else, I find it strange they haven't ever commented on the delay with NASDAQ. All of their changes were hinging on NASDAQ integration and when that got delayed they tried to do it themselves to please everyone, but got it all wrong and we're stuck in this mess now.