15th/17th/18th - MB - Top 3

• Here are my predictions:

15th - Salah, Neymar, Martial
    17th - Neymar, Salah, Kane
    18th - Salah, Neymar, Kane

What do you think ??

• Throw in a few Pogba’s and I’ll be happy

• I have Neymar, salah and kane so I'll be happy.

• I have none of them , lol going to be boring until World Cup . Waiting to hit my first Mb dividends lol . Surely over the next few months , not only the usual Mb suspects will win ?
    Wc and transfer spec should throw in some new faces apart from the usual suspects .
    I joined after feb this year so I never experienced a transfer window .

• @FOF
    Neither have I and most of my money is in players who will be moving

• @Comrade Buckle up!

• First day of treble media and I made almost half a percent of my overall investment in media buzz.... God bless FI

• @FOF Not necessarily. Salah and Neymar are linked with moves to Real Madrid and will both feature at the World Cup. They will probably just carry on winning it until next season.

• I think Ronaldo will get a lot of MB on the build up to the CL final

• @B1992G There's 11 days until it takes place.

• The last time there was a period of treble media buzz, I completely missed the boat and didn't pick up a single dividend, instead opting for lower priced players which I hoped would rise, they didn't.

Since then I have restructured my portfolio so that 80% is holdings of Messi, Ronaldo, Salah and Neymar (50 in each), I figure if I can get 20 MB per month from those 4, that's an extra £50 to the pot, the fact that I had a clean sweep yesterday means that I'm on course to beat that target this month

Having my portfolio set up like this suits me a lot better as I don't need to be sat on the index all day trying to catch any rises in players, I only have a handful of the lower value players so this is a lot easier to manage

• @Wolves_Ay_We Can certainly see the logic behind this strategy, especially at this point of the season where it's basically all about media dividends. However - more aimed at newbies reading than you personally as I know you have been on the index a while - it's important to know when to sell, too. Not so much risk with Neymar or Messi I'd say, but if Ronny and Salah were to suffer a big price dip it can wipe out the effect of the dividends pretty fast, especially if you sell at the bottom of the dip and have a big spread on top of the 2% commission! I sometimes get the impression some traders forget that 5p dividends per share + a 5p price drop per share + sale commission (even to market) = a net loss. That's when it can be beneficial to have a more diverse portfolio, so missing one drop doesn't take you back to square one.

• @BL__FI True, and if you are correctly placed to work out when the drop will be then its worth selling up and then buying back a later date when they've are on the rise again,

However, I've been burnt by this before and now I just tend to hold, Salah has fallen and is now back on the way up in the time that I have been holding, same for Ronaldo (he's still in the red on my portfolio), but I think both will bring in dividends for the foreseeable future so I have no plans to sell either, especially given the way the spreads are at the moment.

I'm sure I could be a lot more profitable if I were to sell at the top and buy at the bottom on these, but given that I'm not on the index all day, I often miss these falls and so it's easier for me to hold.

I think it's a case of picking a strategy that fits your lifestyle, for me, the 4 holds provide a nice passive income that I don't have to think about too much

• @Wolves_Ay_We Yep, fair enough, that point about trading to fit your lifestyle is bang on I think!

• @BL__FI Absolutely, in the beginning I lost a fair bit of money following other strategies, chasing increases on players which I'd already missed the boat on, I think the main takeaway is to pick a strategy that's suited to your own circumstances, what works for me may not work for others and vice versa

• @BL__FI I have bought Kane up around 2 months ago and just sold him now for the same price, making a grand total of £3 out of 171 shares. He seems to be dropping, not going up and England will do bad at the World Cup so it's worth cashing in. I have invested in 250 of Moise Kean, Guedes and Oyarzabel from half the cash I just freed up. In 5 years I see Kean and Guedes as 2 of the top 15 footballers on the planet.

• @NewUser59855 To me Kane is the most overpriced player on the index, he's not great for PB and for whatever reason his MB just isn't there compared to those that are around his price range, personally I couldn't justify what he costs, I'm sure he'll pick up a few media buzz between now and the world cup, but I think his price will drop like a lead balloon when we inevitably scrape a 0-0 draw with Panama and Belgium pump us out at the group stages

• Yep I sold my Kane about a month ago at around 9.90 when his injury and return didn't generate the buzz I expected and I'm very glad I did!

• @Wolves_Ay_We You are a little optimistic I think. England don't play Belgium until the last game. We play Tunisia first and then Panama second. How do you know it won't be Panama with a 1-0 win where they park the bus after scoring early and survive for 90 minutes, similarly to MK Dons beating Manchester United 4-0 a few years ago.

• @Wolves_Ay_We Well done on being more sensible than me. Still, I think the young players I've bought from selling him may be worth double to treble the value one day.