Theoretical Portfolio Benchmark

• Hi
    Please can someone explain why our Portfolio's have been classed as theoretical - (estimate) - instead of actual (precise) at any one time Portfolio valuations? I want to know exactly how much I have in my Portfolio at any given time.

Second point - isn't it just so confusing to have x4 different valuation benchmarks - which 1 should I choose? - all offers benchmark looks good - buy now looks bad - but surely buy now is the closest to current reality.

Please can I offer my apologies - for misunderstanding this - I just want an explanation in Laymen's terms.

BTW - I ain't going know where - this will all turn round with will and patience - for sure.

Cheers guys

• @Super-Remedy mate I think everyone is that pissed off that cant be arsed to explain. Il keep it brief, mid price is the closest to IS, use that

• They've probably given us 4 because so many can't sleep at night or worry with all red, a couple of the options gloss a port.

• @AndydfopT
    Yeah I should of waited - I will work it out, just take a little time.
    They should of kept it simple - but hey ho! keeps the brain going.
    I think we all have to predict (forecast) what FI are going to do next - Ref: move the goal posts - to stay ahead of the game.

I believe they are more pissed off with the situation than we are. They know they are teetering on the edge of the cliff and wont want all this to fall into the abyss. They have built up a fantastic product with yields and dividends pretty much unrivalled by no one.
    Its a platform for the patient not the needy right now.

Thanks for replying at this frustrating time.

• @Super-Remedy

I think it should depend on your trading style as to which valuation option you choose. Personally I have it on the average of all offers, as this represents what the majority think in terms of value and helps to ignore the people (some may call them muppets) offering their players at ridiculously low amounts in their desperation to leave the platform.

Setting it on the buy price is more accurate in terms of what you could possibly sell your players for now. Setting it to mid price even more so. But these are based on the low offers and corresponding bids stemming from the
    desperation mentioned above, so I think it’s pointless if you’re not looking to sell.

Sounds like you won’t be leaving so perhaps average of all offers is best for you? It does look a bit weird when your player’s value is ~£1 above the buy price but I think this should only be short term. To be honest, I don’t even look at the values atm, more interested in the buy/sell prices, but only from a point of view of trying to sense when prices are not lowering any further 😊

• @Super-Remedy said in Theoretical Portfolio Benchmark:

I believe they are more pissed off with the situation than we are. They know they are teetering on the edge of the cliff and wont want all this to fall into the abyss. They have built up a fantastic product with yields and dividends pretty much unrivalled by no one.

I sometimes wonder what FI’s views are...

Although I wouldn’t go so far as to say they are teetering on the edge of the cliff 😆 I don’t think they’ll have enjoyed watching the highest price player drop from ~£15 to ~£5 though. I personally think the biggest problem is the reputational damage from all this and I hate to think about it tbh. I dread to think of the amount of people who joined in the last 8 months and left thinking it’s a load of shit, which to the average person it probably has been with the huge spreads and lowering prices consistently for those 8 months. Are they going to recommend joining to any of their friends and family? Hell no.

But then I also think, FI must make a fair bit of money through commission when prices do fluctuate. When they announced a change in dividends in August (I think it was then) with the ‘disappointing’ introduction of ToTM and GK dividends the prices rose in anticipation and fell when everyone thought it was below expectations. Then they announce the increase in dividends a month or so later and prices are back up again. Peaks and troughs for them must be better than steady rises. Do they do it on purpose?

Although you could argue (and some definitely would) that the latest trough isn’t going to peak again 😂 I’m hopeful though, just need to get rid of all those who are desperately trying to get out. I have to say though I am astounded how many seemingly are trying to get out as there are a decent number of ever-lowering offers on EVERY player!

Also, if you think FI are pissed off more than the traders, you should check FI Twitter. Dread to think of what’s going on in FI Facebook 🤣

• @Johar
    Brilliant explanation - I thank you for taking the time to guide me in the right direction.
    I will go on your recommendation of all offers - and as you say, this should be temporary.

Like you - I cant understand (the Mupp - people) :) selling up at such low prices.
    I can only imagine - they were desperate for some kind of cash back - even at a loss. Perhaps they didn't fully understand the game - a bit like me with the Portfolio benchmark ha ha!

Once again - thank you

• @Johar said in Theoretical Portfolio Benchmark:

Also, if you think FI are pissed off more than the traders, you should check FI Twitter. Dread to think of what’s going on in FI Facebook.

Yes I can only imagine - its not for me - I tend to think social media platforms are the opposite of what they originally set out to be (antisocial). Too many points of view - resulting in petty arguments and disagreements, and some people take it to another level.

What I have liked about this forum in the past, is the wealth of information traders pass on to each other. A kind of family togetherness - all on the same path. It seems to have gone a little lately - which is a shame.

Anyway I'll stop right there - and wish you a pleasant end to your day :)

• @Super-Remedy

No problem, happy to help.

Fingers crossed those who want to leave will have all left soon and those who want to stay can get in with enjoying the rises 😊

You’re right about social media... atm it is not being used in FI’s favour with all the negativity. But on the flip side once things become all rosey again it’ll be great; it’s a pretty fickle place! This forum has been very useful in the past for me and I used to read it daily but not so much now, although there are still lots of helpful people with decent information. Just got to ignore the negativity 😅