Haaland vs Sancho

• Man utd must be mad if the rumours they were chasing Sancho were true. Why another wing forward when the out and out striker they badly need is right there.

10 goals 2 assists in 9 bundesliga matches. 44 goals in all comps last season. This guy is a goal machine and well on his way to being the top player if his generation.

• Ignoring FI PB etc thoughts about Haaland the kid must be the most expensive talent in the world.

I would have said mbappe a few years ago after the world cup but as a goal scorer......... fuck me........

Sancho does not even come close.

• Yeah Haaland is incredible. So strong and quick - machine like. Every team in world football will want him. Bayern tend to take Bundesliga's top talents but I suppose Lewandowski, although at the end of his career, makes any move a little more complex (as does the fee). And Haaland apparently fancies a move to England...

He was devastating tonight but the kind of striker who needs at hattrick (at least) to vie for PB. He looks to have missed out to a 2 goal Ronaldo..

• Absolute lethal in real world football, but Christ that's unlucky for holders getting 4 goals and still missing out to the freak Ronaldo.

• I dont get it? Four goals shouldn't be losing to two. Both arguably scored the match winning goal. Was it more ticky tacky bollocks from Ronaldo that did it? Or that dortmund conceded two?

This is one of those PB examples where if you explained it, everyone would say Haaland should win that. Infuriating, but hey ho.

• @Timmy And he even qualifies as a "home grown" player if im not mistaken. Dortmund are going to make huge money selling him.

• @Leighton both did score match winning goals, but as the PB chart shows those who are involved allround passes/touches/shots/dribbles/crosses,dominate & unfortunately Haaland stays up top to utilise his finishing. Harsh in the world of FI but we all know the metric.

• Why does Ronaldo win on 2 goals and a 9.1/10 performance over 4 goals and a 10/10 on most sites. (example from whoscored.com)? I should not complain about the outcome as I have loads of shares in Ron and nothing on Haaland but like loads over the last months it does not add up.

• @Leighton Thats the scoring matrix for you.
    Haaland at the moment just like sancho does not have a great pb game but they are young and very few younger players have that until mid 20s.

Oyarzabal springs to mind as a good young pb performer but thats about it.

But haaland is some talent i agree

• @NewUser251391 because it's based on the PB matrix chart and not, Whoscored ratings out of 10.

• @Gazz127 Sancho's PB game is fine. Top 3 for u21 players on the index last season.

• @Cookiec Cheers

• Great player, for FI, not so much. Haaland has terrible base PB.

Seen him score many a hattrick and not win a bean.

• @Millonarios said in Haaland vs Sancho:

Man utd must be mad if the rumours they were chasing Sancho were true. Why another wing forward when the out and out striker they badly need is right there.

10 goals 2 assists in 9 bundesliga matches. 44 goals in all comps last season. This guy is a goal machine and well on his way to being the top player if his generation.

I think United think they have options up front between Rashford, Marshall and Greenwood...on the counter attack maybe they do. Plus Cavani if he can get fit. But got NOBODY any good on the right, or the left for that matter! Rashford might contribute on the right, at least cud use his pace to effect n cross some balls. Doesnt do it on the left. Way too predictable n woeful shooting....no doubt someone will reply with some stats...but you look at his goals, very few from cutting in from that side, same with assists. His general play n passing...but hes not the only one!