Best way to refresh shares without losing money

• Hi can anyone please explain their methods of refreshing shares. I cannot get it right and am sick of losing out on dividends. Much appreciated.

• @NewUser531742 Thanks to the 28 traders who have viewed the post and cannot be bothered to help someone new. Much appreciated.

• after 20 mins your having a go at people who may not have an answer for you!!!!

maybe trading is not for you with your impatiences

• Sell your old ones as high as you can and buy new ones as low as you can. Sometimes you cant do this if players are consistently earning pb or ipd as their price won't drop. Do some research, read the posts. Stop moaning like a spoilt child if someone doesn't answer you immediately. I hope that helps.

• The new feature showing the depth of shares available is your best friend with this. Offer to sell at the equal highest price anyone is offering and once sold try and buy back at 1p above the highest offered price. I only refresh players with a price of about £1 or less, unless i am confident that i can get back more than 4p in dividends, or if i make a profit on the deal (sounds daft but i have often bought back for well under what i sold for).
    Hope this helps, and as mentioned earlier be patient!. No deal is better than a bad one

• @NewUser531742

Use this website for tracking players Instant Sell prices and see what patterns you can spot for your player.

https://indexpricealerts.com

There's a ton of people on here who will help you, but don't take it personal if folk don't respond quickly. Those 28 might have just been lurkers who don't write on the forum but were looking for the answer, or perhaps they don't feel like they can give you advice because they themselves don't get it spot on. Perhaps they were just as new as you or were limited on time. It's also worth noting, search engine spiders can often show up as views on forums.

Taking 30 seconds to change your name might help too because some folk (not many) don't like talking to "New User 2929434923"

• @NewUser348304 Thanks for your time.

• @Dan-The-Man Thanks i have found you to be one of the most helpful to new users on this forum. I will try and change my name and pic also. Thanks Dan the man, i was just fed up with how complicated the whole index has become.

• @NewUser531742 said in Best way to refresh shares without losing money:

Hi can anyone please explain their methods of refreshing shares. I cannot get it right and am sick of losing out on dividends. Much appreciated.

Who do you currently have and why did you originally buy? Lets see if we can offer reassurace or a bit of advice regarding these players, see if your just getting unlucky or have bought chasing dividends thinking they will win early only to get caught out (as an example)

• One of mine is Martin Odegaard . I bought him as he was at R Sociedad and getting good pb scores. He is now back at Madrid and has dropped by 1.36. He started the last game for Madrid though.

• Defo change your username.

I tend to buy first then sell after as I don’t mind having the shares abit over as mine mainly goalkeepers and forwards so I can sell the extra on nxt clean sheet or goal for abit extra.

• @MickBohan Wow. Are you ok hun?

• @MickBohan said in Best way to refresh shares without losing money:

One of mine is Martin Odegaard . I bought him as he was at R Sociedad and getting good pb scores. He is now back at Madrid and has dropped by 1.36. He started the last game for Madrid though.

Slightly depends on the price you've paid but he is still young. Worse case he ends up at another team but could easily start to perform at Real. He's had a taste of first team action consistently so may not be happy sat on the bench or rotating so much. One downside is he doesn't have Euros but wont be long before world cup is here tbh (if you're looking to hold that long!)

• Yes i am fine, Just trying to see if I can get some help as a new user.

• @Shippers Yes but if i keep him until then I will miss out on divs unless i refresh every month. So should i wait until he hits a good pb and then try to refresh ? Not sure of the best time to do this. Then there is the other 59 players i hold.

• I have very little experience of this but thought that as things have changed it might be worth adding the string to my bow. I suggest trying it out with a small fraction of your bankroll to get used to the fluctuations, see how a player comes in and out of favour. Dan has already pointed out that you can check the graphs so you can research without committing anything. I have started with a small stake in Vardy, had him for nearly a month and missed all the decent exit points so far. That’s the main problem for me, having to keep your eyes on his price to get the optimum exit, but there are obvious times when it’s key to be watching (game time, days leading up to good runs of fixtures). It’s been relatively interesting so far, and I can see how it could work.

• @MickBohan
    When you buy the player set yourself a price you would be happy to get out at and be modest. If he hits it, sell, and onto the next one. That’s my plan anyway, executing it with discipline will be the tricky bit

• Why refresh Odegaard now ?
    Spending commission to refresh in the hope he gets 2p IPD but this player has a known leg condition and at Real is unlikely to start, esp every week.
    You're spending money to refresh him that your unlikely to see back.

Use the fixture list and starting lineups to help before refreshing

• @Specksynder Thankyou, i know what you mean about discipline. When i first joined i think i bought too many players and did not really understand refreshing. I bought mostly players for CA. Now i have the players i think i want but it seems CA has gone for now for young players like it was previously. I will now have to try and get the most out of ipds. I might just have to sell some of my young players at a loss instead of trying to refresh.

• So much easier when you see the depth on both sides of the transaction fence.

I am finding it easier now to Market Sell players then bid back for them for cheaper prices. A bit of patience is required though in some cases.

Although i have managed to flip a couple within an hour.