Brazil World Cup Squad announced (23 man)

• GOLEIROS:
    Alisson – AS Roma (ITA)

Cássio – Corinthians-SP

Ederson – Manchester City (ING)

DEFENSORES:

Danilo – Manchester City (ING)

Geromel – Grêmio-RS

Filipe Luís – Atlético de Madrid (ESP)

Marcelo – Real Madrid (ESP)

Marquinhos – Paris Saint Germain (FRA)

Miranda – Internazionale de Milão (ITA)

Fagner – Corinthians-SP

Thiago Silva – Paris Saint Germain (FRA)

MEIO CAMPISTAS:

Casemiro – Real Madrid (ESP)

Fernandinho – Manchester City (ING)

Fred – Shakhtar Donetsk (UCR)

Paulinho – Barcelona (ESP)

Philippe Coutinho – Barcelona (ESP)

Renato Augusto – Beijing Guoan (CHI)

Willian – Chelsea (ING)

ATACANTES:

Douglas Costa – Juventus (ITA)

Firmino – Liverpool (ING)

Gabriel Jesus – Manchester City (ING)

Neymar – Paris Saint Germain (FRA)

Taison – Shakhtar Donetsk

Taison makes it! Which will be appreciated by all you holders and no doubt spark more transfer news during WC

As does Cassio, Geromel and Fagner, who FI will need to IPO asao. Fagner the only one with a chance of starting regularly. Geromel presents great future value. In FI terms, stay clear of Cassio!

• They are strong at the front and the back but not in the middle. Ederson, Danilo, Marquinhos, Silva, Marcelo make for a strong defence. Jesus and Neymar make for a strong attack. They don't really have a strong midfield. Besides Coutinho there isn't a player that is of a Gerrard, Pirlo level.

• @NewUser59855
    Wait till you see the England squad . Every department we will struggle badly . Hope Southgate be brave and pick some youngster like Ryan sessegnon , Ruben loftos , etc .
    Please leave Lallana , Hart and any deadwood in Uk .

• @NewUser59855 said in Brazil World Cup Squad announced (23 man):

They are strong at the front and the back but not in the middle. Ederson, Danilo, Marquinhos, Silva, Marcelo make for a strong defence. Jesus and Neymar make for a strong attack. They don't really have a strong midfield. Besides Coutinho there isn't a player that is of a Gerrard, Pirlo level.

Gotta disagree with you. Fernandinho was integral to the Man City team that just smashed every record going in England. Casemiro is in line to win his 4th champions league trophy at the age of 26.

Both these players do the dirty defensive work that allows the show-ponies to thrive. So they ain't that great for PB/MB ... In footballing terms, they are integral to a successful team.

• @NewUser59855

Interesting outlook. Casemiro, Paulinho and Fernandinho present a solid middle for me.

• @SambaStar Paulinho couldn't make it in Tottenham's team. Dier did.

• @FOF This is how I break it down:
    GK: Ederson vs. Pickford/Butland: Ederson wins: 1-0 Brazil
    DEF: Silva vs. Stones: Silva wins: 2-0 Brazil
    DEF: Marquinhos vs. Jones: Marquinhos wins: 3-0 Brazil
    DEF: Danilo vs. Walker: Walker wins: 3-1 Brazil
    DEF: Marcelo vs. Trippier: Marcelo wins: 4-1 Brazil
    MID: Dier vs. Paulinho: Dier wins: 4-2 Brazil
    MID: Wilshere vs. Willian: Both Equal: Stays 4-2 Brazil
    MID: Augusto vs. Alli: Alli wins: 4-3 Brazil
    MID: Sterling vs. Coutinho: Both Equal: Stays 4-3 Brazil
    ST: Rashford vs. Jesus: Jesus wins: 5-3 Brazil
    ST Neymar vs. Kane: Neymar wins: 6-3 Brazil

• @NewUser59855

And now he plays for some 2 bit amateur team in Spain. Can't remember the name of the club ...

• @NewUser59855
    Willian is a far better player than Wilshere surely?

• England midfield is a joke . Wilshire , dier and lets not forget Henderson .

• @Comrade No, I believe Wilshere is very good.

• @johnboywalker Paulinho is overhyped and Brazilian. That's the only way I see it. He's not World Class. He's just there to help the world class players.

• @FOF said in Brazil World Cup Squad announced (23 man):

@NewUser59855
    Wait till you see the England squad . Every department we will struggle badly . Hope Southgate be brave and pick some youngster like Ryan sessegnon , Ruben loftos , etc .

Out of interest ? Do you own future in Sessegnon and RLC ?

• @NewUser59855
    All about opinion but Wilshere is one of the most over rated players to ever set foot on a football pitch

• @mike778 said in Brazil World Cup Squad announced (23 man):

@FOF said in Brazil World Cup Squad announced (23 man):

@NewUser59855

Out of interest ? Do you own future in Sessegnon and RLC ?

I don’t hold any of the above players . Just check my portfolio , I hold no England players at the moment . I am ranting on England not any relations to fi. Also quick apology to the person who created this chat , sorry to hyjack your post .

• @Comrade That is why media keep putting him down when he gets injured and Wenger sent him on loan to Bournemouth because he lost faith in him. Wilshere could've given up and not bothered when playing at Bournemouth but onstead he tried his best and did well for the team. I think he has a point to prove. If England mess it up it will not be because of Wilshere.

• Paulinho will start. Apart from his defensive work and passing skillset, he is also there for his leadership ability. He's one of the most respected members of the dressing room.

When Brazil knocked out Chile on pens in last World Cup on pens, he gave the team talk. in the centre of a huddle. Not Scolari, not Neymar or the then captain Thiago Silva. Paulinho wasn't even playing that match. I agree he is by no means the best CM/CdM at the WC, but you have to see the bigger picture and he is integral to the overall system and style.

• @mike778 If he does then he would be like me. I own 102 futures of Sessegnon. I don't think Sancho, Sessegnon or Foden or Odoi or Brewster are ready for this World Cup but we may have them as part of a new look young team for Euro 2020.

• @NewUser59855

34 league appearances.

9 Champions League appearances.

Aye I agree, completely overhyped.

I'll have whatever you're drinking pal!?

• @johnboywalker I could have 34 league appearances and 9 champions league appearances if the manager picked me for every game too. So could anybody in the world old enough to kick a ball. It means nothing.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.