Minting issue

• Does it feel right that FI can mint new shares on existing players such as the Yazici situation?

It is suppressing any possibility of cap app as demand is met with cheaper offerings by FI compared to traders willingness to sell, our existing shareholding is also diluted. If it is trader v trader for selling then surely it should be for buying?

• @Node I personally think its improving liquidity which can only be a good thing.

• @Node just had a debate on this. I think this is the biggest balls up from fi.

It basically puts the brakes on any cap app massively, and saturated the market.

Before it rose or fell by a penny per 900 shares. Now we will see slow rises then sharp falls as before there was is to take shares back out of the market now there will be huge queue of sellers resulting in sharp drops as soon as a player hits a downturn.

I agree they have to mint some new shares but maybe 50 per penny, not 700 it’s crazy.

They want it trader v trader when it’s going bad but they want to be part of it when going well

• @Gboar said in Minting issue:

@Node just had a debate on this. I think this is the biggest balls up from fi.

It basically puts the brakes on any cap app massively, and saturated the market.

Before it rose or fell by a penny per 900 shares. Now we will see slow rises then sharp falls as before there was is to take shares back out of the market now there will be huge queue of sellers resulting in sharp drops as soon as a player hits a downturn.

I agree they have to mint some new shares but maybe 50 per penny, not 700 it’s crazy.

They want it trader v trader when it’s going bad but they want to be part of it when going well

Hey, did they explain it's 700 per penny somewhere?

• @Dan-The-Man well yesterday with yazici there was offers just past his previous high of I think 715 at every penny increment. I get they need to add new shares but that amount is ridiculous and greedy on their behalf and pretty damaging for any cap app

• im intrigued now.

companies have a certain number of shares and dont issue new ones. they can do share splits and they do increase shares in the early days i think which reduces your percentage hold in the company (this is different from a share split)

im sure theyve got information from somewhere so they are doing it right

• @Gboar said in Minting issue:

@Dan-The-Man well yesterday with yazici there was offers just past his previous high of I think 715 at every penny increment. I get they need to add new shares but that amount is ridiculous and greedy on their behalf and pretty damaging for any cap app

I was checking to see if I'd missed an announcement mate.

• I was wondering why he had so many 715 offers... Put me off buying.

• @Gboar I completely agree, for all existing players the current share issue should not be amended, FI cannot remove themselves from liability and take in the cash when the going is good. Perhaps there should be a middle ground of 100-300 shares per penny?

• is there any way of checking how many shares there are in a player?

• @Cookiec why do you think this? It only provides liquidity if it is new money buying the shares.

If not, then it is existing money in the platform being removed into FIs pocket, traders would still list for sale just at a higher premium - their reward for investing in an asset earlier on and taking the risk element.

I have not been a doubter or complainer about FI, but this one does bug me.

• 715 doesn't seem an unreasonable amount to move the player up a penny

• @o_O but it isn’t moving the player up a penny, it is intact a barrier of moving the player up, you are thinking of this in the old world.

If FI removed all their nee mints the next trader may not be willing to sell for less than £3, but FI have put 1000’s of shares in the middle as a road block.

• @jakes1019 unfortunately not, we would need complete market depth to at least have a close estimate, but even then we wouldn’t know.

• There have been other players with stacks of 870, so the delta may still vary dependent on price

• @Node they need to do this to pay our divs. Commission alone doesn’t come close, especially now with 2p IPD, I’m happy in the knowledge they’ve cash coming in to stay cash rich.

• @Webbinho But they will make money through the minting of IPOs year after year as new footballers come through.

The trader has had many things taken away from them, to suppress our opportunity of capital appreciation is a step to far. If this is really a trading platform then it should act like one, can’t just be minting new shares into the market ahead of traders.

• @Ddr I saw this on the likes of Gareth Barry - again, should they really be minting shares on a retired footballer who cannot win anything?

• @Webbinho totally agree mate, plus there's nothing we can do about it anyway so why worry. Just carry on making good choices on players n feed more money in each payday!

• I've seen them trying to mint patrice Evra! Think Ts n Cs say they can remove retired players anytime after a year of retiring... Bit sneaky if they're minting them today, but removing him anytime soon.