Dividend time frame & 3 Year life of a player

• Hello everyone. Can someone please remind me or tell me if things have changed with regards to dividends as i cannot remember if you get dividends on a player for the first 3 months of owning them or after the first 3 months... perhaps i have this wrong entirely?
    Secondly could someone remind me if you still have a max of 3 years to hold a player before he goes up in a puff of smoke? and if so have they extended this time frame due to the recent dramas surrounding the inability to sell in any case?

Many thanks

• @BishBashBosh In play dividends for first 30 days of ownership then you'll need to refresh. MB and PB for as long as you own the player

• @TraderDom99
    Thanks for this Dom. Just to clarify when you say refresh, you mean by further shares? Also can you clarify what MB and PB is?

Do you know anything about the 3 year maximum hold on a player?

Thanks again

• @BishBashBosh Refreshing means selling the player and buying him again. Doesn't have to be done in that order, as when you sell you sell your oldest shares first.

It can be done related to IPDs and the 3 year expiry

If you've got 10 Messi's, and his 30 days is up, you can buy 10 more and sell your original 10. This means the 10 you're left holding are brand new (to you) so the player is eligible for IPDs for a further 30 days.

Same with the 3 year rule. 20 shares in a player about to expire? Buy 20 more and sell 20. The 20 youre left holding won't expire for another 3 years.

Don't think this is free though. You pay 2% commission on all sales and 2% when buying via bid! To skirt the 3 year rule it's often a no brainer. For IPDs though you have to pick and choose

• @B-EVO
    many thanks

• @Dan-The-Man
    Thanks Dan

• Is match day dividends for the 30 days of ownership or for as long as you own the player?

• @B-EVO said in Dividend time frame & 3 Year life of a player:

@BishBashBosh Refreshing means selling the player and buying him again. Doesn't have to be done in that order, as when you sell you sell your oldest shares first.

It can be done related to IPDs and the 3 year expiry

If you've got 10 Messi's, and his 30 days is up, you can buy 10 more and sell your original 10. This means the 10 you're left holding are brand new (to you) so the player is eligible for IPDs for a further 30 days.

Same with the 3 year rule. 20 shares in a player about to expire? Buy 20 more and sell 20. The 20 youre left holding won't expire for another 3 years.

Don't think this is free though. You pay 2% commission on all sales and 2% when buying via bid! To skirt the 3 year rule it's often a no brainer. For IPDs though you have to pick and choose

Its not a no brainer to skirt the 3yr rule as so far FI have never ended a shares lifespan.

• @Luke-k said in Dividend time frame & 3 Year life of a player:

Is match day dividends for the 30 days of ownership or for as long as you own the player?

Its the first 30 days of owning the share.
    If you've really been 9n FI for 16mths without knowing that youve missed dividends galore

• @Munchie63
    Thanks, iv never been interested in dividend players this is the first time im buying into dividend players i used to buy only young players & hold them for 6 months & sell on.
    In-Play dividends is 30 day eligibility but it doesn't say about match day dividends. so if i hold messi or bruno for 6 months after the first month will i only get the media dividends?

• @Luke-k You will get MB (media buzz), PB (player bonus), which is paid when the player wins a matchday bonus in his position, and could increase if he is the star player of the day. You also get TOTM Bonus (Team of the month), which is paid for all highest earning PB players in their positions for the given month;

b60b84d7-2fc8-41fc-bc23-a27a5f5a3491-image.png

There's really plenty you could be winning.

• @UncleBeard
    Thanks for your help, so if i hold messi for a year without selling i will get MB,PB & TOTM bonus?

• @Munchie63 to be honest ive been buying the young golden future kids and holding them for long term gains only which was going great until the crash so never really focussed on dividends. Plus if i were to say buy 10 new shares in a player each month and sell 10 shares in the same player i would be losing due to the 2% sales fee and the difference in the buy/sell price so i dont see how this works to produce a profit?

• @B-EVO to be honest ive been buying the young golden future kids and holding them for long term gains only which was going great until the crash so never really focussed on dividends. Plus if i were to say buy 10 new shares in a player each month and sell 10 shares in the same player i would be losing due to the 2% sales fee and the difference in the buy/sell price so i dont see how this works to produce a profit?

• @BishBashBosh refreshing for IPDs doesn't work that well for expensive players. Anything over £4 I personally don't bother unless there's a very good reason.

A good rule of thumb was that they needed 1 goal involvement for every £1 of price in the 30days you had of IPDs to pay for refreshing them, due to the 2% commission. You can double that now there's commission on bids unless you're clever about it.

IPDs also pay out as long as you hold the shares at the end of the day they're earned. So sometimes you can even wait until your player has actually scored before you refresh to make sure you're not wasting your money

• @B-EVO thanks once again, very helpful.

• @BishBashBosh said in Dividend time frame & 3 Year life of a player:

@Munchie63 to be honest ive been buying the young golden future kids and holding them for long term gains only which was going great until the crash so never really focussed on dividends. Plus if i were to say buy 10 new shares in a player each month and sell 10 shares in the same player i would be losing due to the 2% sales fee and the difference in the buy/sell price so i dont see how this works to produce a profit?

Timing.

Bought Sommer this morning at 43p and sold tonight for 51p

Being able to see the depth helps

• @BishBashBosh It's worth looking at the bids on players aswell. IS (instant sell) price you can often find some shares for sale above that and then sell them and put in an equivalent or lower bid to recycle. Obviously recycling only really works on lower priced players as @B-EVO said, unless you get lucky!

• As an example for recycling, I sold my shares in Hateboer this evening for 54p although IS price was showing as 46p. I then was able to buy back on buy price at the same as I sold at, which will get me 2% rebate next Monday, + the 2p for an assist. Thus making me money and getting his shares recycled for the next 30 days