Buying and selling on the new order books

• Hi all,

Just pointing out something that seems to have slipped by a lot of traders, seems obvious, but as I am seeing it quite a lot, some may have missed.

There's a load of players where the highest bid offer actually works out more than if you click the buy now because of the 2% commission on bids not immediately matched and the 1% diffrebate. Or in some cases it's a smaller loss than you think to make your current hold ipd eligible.

For instance Sancho:

Current highest bid price 7.96
    Current lowest offer price 8.18

If you instant bought, you would pay 8.18 and be getting 2% back (so 8.02).

If your 7.96 bid was accepted, you would get 2% commission bolted on and 1% rebate (so 8.03)

Haaland:

Highest bid 6.31
    Lowest sell 6.41

Instant buy =6.28
    Accepted bid =6.37

Check anything with a close spread to make sure you aren't wasting time and potentially money by placing a bid

• I have spotted the same, so good to have a forum thread about it to make sure everyone is aware. Nice post.

The only bit I question is the rebate numbers? Isn't it 2% for buy nows and 1% for bids?

• @Moukoko

These are the players with the tightest spreads.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 15.10.35.png

• @B-EVO good point. Was thinking the 1% diff. I'll edit

• Good shout, I wasn't always checking this diligently as I've been regularly bidding on the bid floor (ie lowest available bid at the time) for players with no IS but then I stumbled upon the fact that Kerim Demirbay had a 92p bid floor with offers available at 91p!

• Am still bit confused , if I win bid of £1 for a player .
    Does fi take 2% ? What’s rebate ?
    Also I thought fi refunding 2% bid buy .
    Just a tad confusing lol .
    Appreciate if anyone can help me

• A good point that some will hopefully appreciate. Remember the rebate ends after this week though (unless it gets extended 🤞)

• @FOF said in Buying and selling on the new order books:

Am still bit confused , if I win bid of £1 for a player .
    Does fi take 2% ? What’s rebate ?
    Also I thought fi refunding 2% bid buy .
    Just a tad confusing lol .
    Appreciate if anyone can help me

The rebate is 2% for Buy Now and 1% for Bids, but the bids have (mostly a 2% commission).

So, at close spreads the Buy Now is a better choice, and it's a healthy market when that's the case!

After the rebate is done, you still have to consider the full 2% bid commission.

• @Mere-Mortal
    Thanks

• I managed to refresh my bruno shares yesterday with a very slight profit. The spreads are close on all my other holds which is making it very tricky . It's so much more fun now we can see the bids and offers albeit very addictive

• Is the rebate calculated after sales?

• I want to buy Marko dmitrovuc
    Buy it now 24p
    I placed a bid for 21p OB .
    Which one work out cheaper for me ?
    Thanks