Phil Foden

• Just curious what people think on Foden's value right now & his potential.

Did his recent game for England (along with top player market moves) drive his price or do we think it will continue to rise to the good ol' days?

Is he a long term hold only considering his current game time?

Starts tonight, mind.

I held for £4.90 pre drops, and refreshed during to see if he could creep in some in play divs. Still on for loss, but as he has a high value, wondering if I should take the hit and invest in other players.

• @karlos

He's obviously a great talent and at the age of 20 has an incredibly bright future ahead of him. I think you've got to take a couple of things into consideration with players such as him or Greenwood for example.

He is obviously nowhere near his peak and because of this his PB scores aren't that strong, currently not being strong enough to win divs in that category (will probably eat my words this evening). So the reason you'd hold onto him is for cap appreciation. When the hype and media really get going for players such as himself, Greenwood or a Saka that's when their price will jump up. This can happen with one outstanding performance or a good game for England (no games till the new year).

So the other alternative would be to put the money into another player that is proven for winning divs, a Messi or Lewandowski for example. I personally buy players for their div winning potential.

Is the cap app of Foden going to be more in six months time than a proven divs winner of a similar price? These are the things you need to weigh up.

• @karlos

He has absolutely had my pants down with that 281 PB score

• @xXMr_FishXx Thanks for the input!

More than happy for him to be in my port is he racks in that score and a goal each time he plays. Maybe I'll hold for the 30 period and reassess!

• I hold about 400 or so and am a bit disappointed I didn’t top up in the last few weeks when his price was £3/50 .
    This kid is only going one way, and when Messi arrives it will only be pure gold and happy days for all those invested.

• @xXMr_FishXx said in Phil Foden:

@karlos

He has absolutely had my pants down with that 281 PB score

😂 he stitched u up like a kipper fishy M,boy

• Narrowly missed out on PB to Kroos and MB I believe as well. See that he has scored more goals from open play from midfield this year then anyone else. Played less games too I imagine.

I don’t think I have seen him have many bad games, always looks like he can make things happen.
    He should be in City’s team automatically like KDB and Sterling etc now. Understand the initial protection of him but enough of that. He’s more then ready.

I’d have him in the England team too as a permanent fixture. He will end up being better then Grealish who I rate before the Brummies jump me. But Foden seems to have that extra something.

• The annoying thing about Foden or City is Peps rotation, he hardly plays in the league which is frustrating

• @Dragon4Life Hoping now City's poor league form will force Pep to play him. Surely a better option then Mahrez or Bernardo Silva.

• I'm a holder, because he's an amazing talent. But for the next few years he will always be under DeBruyne's shadow for PB.

If KDB gets injured for any length of time, foden will skyrocket

• If Foden can maintain his current form , which i think is entirely plausible, as well as beginning to post decent pb scores, it wont be long before he is a regular contender for media.

I market bought him this morning and am surprised he hasn't had a decent rise since then. Man city have Burnley at the weekend who they beat 5-0 last time they played with Foden netting 2 goals. If he can perform anything like that this time round, i think he has a potential rise to £6 in him, this is all more likely when you realise he has a peak of over £8 with thin layers of offers all the way up, he has the potential to rocket fast! Im just glad he didnt win PB last night or i reckon he'd have gone already!

• @FI_Revolutionary Hugely optimistic post... Firstly, how do you know what offers there are up to £8?

I'm a holder, but I don't see anything to suggest he is worth £6 for a long time., unless as you say, the media really ramps up on him.

The main problem is that he will virtually never win PB when DeBruyne is playing...

• @o_O

Optimistic? Perhaps. Realistic? Absolutely.

I think we have every right to be optimistic about Englands most talented youngster in a very long time. The last i can think of with as much potential is probably Wayne Rooney. I think he will be heavily involved at the euros and im confident that the media will also follow.

I understand your point about KDB and whilst i think KDB will post a higher base and win PB more often, Foden has the ability to hit high scores. Whether KDB has an off day or not he will definitely be contending.

All this at 20 years old and he is only going to get better and better.

• Any reason for his spread being 2 quid since the market opened this morning?

Thought FI would suspend activity on a player if there was a trend of low ball bids?

Actually there is no way you could bid that low at any point, so why have those bids gone through? If they are old bids left there then should there be a rule where your bid expires after a time?

For someone on the outside looking in then that spread could put someone off.

• Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 09.31.24.png

There are some bids in at £2.66

• @DJ-110 said in Phil Foden:

Any reason for his spread being 2 quid since the market opened this morning?

Thought FI would suspend activity on a player if there was a trend of low ball bids?

Actually there is no way you could bid that low at any point, so why have those bids gone through? If they are old bids left there then should there be a rule where your bid expires after a time?

For someone on the outside looking in then that spread could put someone off.

Yeah, they are old bids. You never usually see them because there are more bids above them, but everything seems fucked today, so there they are, back to the top again.

• @Dragon4Life they must be old as 3.99 is the current limit. Should go back into your funds after a period of time. Especially if it changes the bench mark figure by that much, looks very false.