what do I do?

• My players have dropped significantly over the last 3 months to the point where they are barely worth anything. and the new sell buy price drop has not helped one bit. do I just sell and take the big loss? or wait? cant see it getting better.

• It depends on who you hold but I would wait as prices are rising, additionally if you are willing to invest and believe in the players you hold then continue to buy into them and lower their average price. That way if you do sell it won't be such a hit.

• @D-man if you can be patient, id set a price that youd be happy selling at and wait for the market to pick up / a promotion / or your player performs and gets bought.

Since the removal of IS to FI, nothing much changed to cause the big recent crash, nothing at all changed to cause this spike... im selling lots in this spike that i thought i was stuck with for 3 years last week. As trader sentiment has changed, and money seems to be going in, ive now set prices for performances, people are buying players on game days and on pb scores at the moment. So id avoid taking any ol IS bid if you can wait it out.

If you cant wait, then the market is in a positive moment, there are bids around, you might want to balance taking them now whilst its positive, compared to when its negative like last week and hardly any players had any bids availble.

Im sensing this new postitivy may flow into december and be sustained. Pay days, no doubt some sort of Decemebr promotion, loads of footy on, those that wanted out, needed out may now be out.

Im not sure if this is now hard money in the market, or if soft money just jumped back in once prices started going back up... il be cautious that if it is soft money, that money will leave again at first sign of trouble / prices plateauing. A lot of traders crave cap app and grow impatient when that stops.

• @D-man it's looks like you have bought shiiiiite? 🤔

This may not be for you - take what you can & stick to the ACCA's 👍

You are supposed to be buying players that return intrinsic value through yields - the prices shouldn't matter 3 months in.

• Would need to know what the players are to give proper advice

• @Ericali What an absolutely cunty unhelpful reply without even knowing what they had bought. Wind your neck in.

There has always been many different ways of playing, one of the most profitable has always been through CA, not dividend yields, So to be so dismissive is just nobbish.

• This is my personal opinion and I err on the positive side. But I was happy when I saw benchmark prices introduced. Obviously that’s not what your port is worth at this moment in time. However if you can sit and hold, then these are the prices that once it starts moving, which it is. The prices will end up closer to them prices than they are now.

Top end first, bottom end will take time. But people bought at those prices for a reason. Remember that

• @Ericali Your just as subtle on twitter unfortunately, constructive criticism not cross your mind in this scenario?

• @o_O said in what do I do?:

@Ericali What an absolutely cunty unhelpful reply without even knowing what they had bought. Wind your neck in.

There has always been many different ways of playing, one of the most profitable has always been through CA, not dividend yields, So to be so dismissive is just nobbish.

Whoa, whoa....

You not get the memo? 🤔 CA has been dead for 6 months at least - it's a different ball game.

The fact he hasn't adapted his game, despite the BIG neon flashing lights going off does indicate this may not be the best game for him.

I advise he cuts his losses & goes with what he can salvage.

It's obviously not for him.

• @Roon said in what do I do?:

@Ericali Your just as subtle on twitter unfortunately, constructive criticism not cross your mind in this scenario?

Whoever said I was subtle? 🤷

• @D-man think most people have taken a hit over the last couple of months I was buying players with potential and sitting on them long term cashed in on my early buys when the drop started so my last buys are worth shit if you had same strategy my be worth giving it a couple of more weeks see how it plays out

• @Ericali Yeah your initial response wasn't all that useful, that's for sure.

Just a side note on CA (Capital Appreciation - Buying young and letting them mature on the market) being dead. I know that this seems to be the song everyone is singing at the moment.

I am not going to be another sheep and repeat the sentiment, purely because FI can/will and have changed the focus so often, that nothing is really out of the question.

I invested heavily in youngsters when I started, lets not forget "what's your football knowledge worth", and whilst people are saying CA is dead, I have no doubt in my mind when players like Malen, or Boadu make their move, their prices will significantly rise.

CA might have taken a back seat at the moment, but that's just how markets react when change is implemented. First people suck up all the "safe shares" those that will almost guarantee return, then they start to migrate to those on the edge of breaking the top places, and finally down to cheaper shares with higher risk but greater returns.

It will happen soon enough too, once Kimmich, Fernandes, M'Bappe, Neymar, TAA etc etc, have their spreads tightened, people will market buy, this increases price and before you know it, they're all priced above £10. Not everyone can afford those prices, so they start to buy the tier beneath, and those prices rise, and soon after people start thinking "well this young lad is being scouted by everyone, he is decent, I will take a punt and give it a go".

CA will return, if you hold youngsters I wouldn't say sell up, just wait, if you can be bothered or don't need to reinvest immediately.

• @UncleBeard agree with this 100%.

I plan on using the dividends to fund the youth potentials - if I did it the other way around, I'd be sat on a dwindling pot with no income coming in.

It's like a debate I saw the other day (both were around £5)

What would you rather have?

• 100 shares in Greenwood
    • 100 shares in Messi

Well, I looked at this logically.

If I bought 100 Greenwood, who returned 20p in dividends last season (40p equivalent now) I'd have amassed £40 extra 12 months down the line to buy Messi (8 x Messi)

Whereas if I bought 100 Messi, who returned £3 in dividends last season (£6 equivalent now) I'd have amassed £600 extra 12 months down the line to buy Greenwood (125 x Greenwood)

So the choice for me is obvious..... 😐

I'll buy Messi - and let Messi buy Greenwood

• @Ericali But Messi's price in 3 years will be close to zero, whereas Greenwoods price in 3 years may easily be £3 higher, probably much more. So longer than a year, I'd rather have the 100 Greenwood. (although i'd take the money and buy someone else entirely)

There's a fair chance even in a years time, you'll spend all your £3 messi divs just on how much more greenwood will cost.

@Ericali But Messi's price in 3 years will be close to zero, whereas Greenwoods price in 3 years may easily be £3 higher, probably much more.

It doesn't matter, I could just let him expire.....

Even though I won't because I know barring injury he's playing on while the 2022 WC.

That's this season, next season & to the following December (and he's not exactly going to retire mid season!) That's 3 years of dividends. He could win me £15 & that's without any dividends increases.

• @Ericali I'm not convinced he will win £15 in divs next 3 years at all.

He doesn't seem to have the mentality to keep going much longer at the top level. Looks like a sulking child that could quit football at any moment

• @UncleBeard you totally right I messed up when the crash started I got it wrong got rid of 600 shares in beek f Torres ticharlison ofgaard harland should have sold the likes of Kean zaniolo tonality v junior kubo puig took a small hit and reinvested in the big players for the div returns got to sit on them and hope they pick back up if

@Ericali I'm not convinced he will win £15 in divs next 3 years at all.

He doesn't seem to have the mentality to keep going much longer at the top level. Looks like a sulking child that could quit football at any moment

Well he won £3 last year.

£6 in today's dividends structure.

Say we keep the dividends the same & we have no increases (worse case scenario) & his performances decrease with each year. 👍

We will say £5 for this year, £4 for next year & £2 for the year after .

That's £11 back in dividends for every £5 share you purchase. That's no dividends increases & selling him on for zero.

It's madness. 😂

• Dividends as a whole went up circa 100% but not purely as a rise on gold days where most of the pb beasts win. Risky assuming any player automatically wins double what they have last year or the year before.

• @Roon said in what do I do?:

Dividends as a whole went up circa 100% but not purely as a rise on gold days where most of the pb beasts win. Risky assuming any player automatically wins double what they have last year or the year before.

He's won 55p this season already.... & he's not even got going to be fair. 💰

Gold days went up 75%
    Silver days went up 100%
    Bronze days went up 100%
    Media went up 67%

• TOTM was introduced

No reason at all why he won't win £5 in dividends this season.

4ad0ec74-4120-463a-a7a6-92575ff44390-image.png