Selling in the current climate

• First of all I just want to clarify, I've been on FI for at least 2 years now and I'm in it for the long haul. This post is not about selling my whole portfolio but I just am trying to do a little restructuring/free up some capital that is needed for other investments. However I am finding it difficult to sell any of the players I want to shift at the moment and was just wondering if anybody else is in the same predicament?

Maybe it is just my players but I've been trying to shift 4-5 guys for weeks now and nobody is buying. My portfolio looks inflated but realistically I can't sell those players for anywhere near those prices so everything just seems a bit artificially inflated to keep the doom merchants at bay 😂

I have faith in the platform but I think sometimes they pander a little bit to the whining voices. FI is far from perfect and they have made a catalogue of errors recently but I'm not sure showing people an artificially inflated portfolio really solves anything. If people can't sell at those prices sooner or later they will become unsettled again and start moaning.

It feels like a lot if people on the index nowadays don't actually understand the platform and as long as they see green on their screen they are happy. Personally I don't think that is necessarily a good thing and this may not be a popular opinion but I'd much rather know what price I can actually sell my players for than be shown an artificial number just to make me feel good. What do you guys think?

• Might just be the me, that this has happened to, but after the crash I was down 20% on a 4k port, I gained back 3% when everyone else noticed prices going back up, but in the last 72 hours I have lost the 3% I gained.

I expected a bit more of a climb before seeing it stabilise, I think people are still unwilling to put money into the platform at the moment, and the short burst of action we noticed might have been moving money between players, rather than deposit purchases.

I would wait for a little while, leave you players on, but check they're not over-priced using the depth tab on the players profile page.

Also, list some of your players, so we know who you have, and can advise a little better.

• @TraderJ have you set your port to mid-price? I've been on FI for less than a year and it's been a rollercoaster, I think fair to say by far the toughest year to have joined FI - adaptability seems to be the key to succeed on the platform, moving forward. So you may have to alter exit points/strategies etc

• @TraderJ said in Selling in the current climate:

First of all I just want to clarify, I've been on FI for at least 2 years now and I'm in it for the long haul. This post is not about selling my whole portfolio but I just am trying to do a little restructuring/free up some capital that is needed for other investments. However I am finding it difficult to sell any of the players I want to shift at the moment and was just wondering if anybody else is in the same predicament?

Maybe it is just my players but I've been trying to shift 4-5 guys for weeks now and nobody is buying. My portfolio looks inflated but realistically I can't sell those players for anywhere near those prices so everything just seems a bit artificially inflated to keep the doom merchants at bay 😂

I have faith in the platform but I think sometimes they pander a little bit to the whining voices. FI is far from perfect and they have made a catalogue of errors recently but I'm not sure showing people an artificially inflated portfolio really solves anything. If people can't sell at those prices sooner or later they will become unsettled again and start moaning.

It feels like a lot if people on the index nowadays don't actually understand the platform and as long as they see green on their screen they are happy. Personally I don't think that is necessarily a good thing and this may not be a popular opinion but I'd much rather know what price I can actually sell my players for than be shown an artificial number just to make me feel good. What do you guys think?

Who are you trying to sell and at what price?

• @UncleBeard said in Selling in the current climate:

Might just be the me,

Based on a quick scan of players, roughly 1000 players have seen their prices lowered in the last 7 days, where as roughly 500 have grown, so it's certainly not just you mate.

The market prices are currently being propped up by the liquidity that dividends have provided but all week, we've seen cheap players payout, rather than the big boys, with exception to a few MB wins for Bruno.

Ideally we could do with Kane banging in a hatrick and taking star man, as that would see a lot of cash pumped back in to the market.

• Change your port value setting

• Lead up to Christmas was slow in my first year last year. The promotion helped to some extent. But I am unlikely to put fresh money in, especially with no Xmas bonus from work. I guess a lot of others are in the same boat.
    Surely there will be never another year where World events affect so many people’s finances

• @DJ-110 I think next year will be absolutely shite for everyone's finances thanks to the Brexit crew.

• @TraderJ said in Selling in the current climate:
    Agree totally.
    FI are a bookmaker and each "Buy" is just a long term bet that the player is worth more in dividends over the course of his time on the index than what you've paid upfront.
    Every other bookmaker has a cash out button telling you exactly what you'll get if you cash out now.

• @NewUser601169 said in Selling in the current climate:

@TraderJ said in Selling in the current climate:
    Agree totally.
    FI are a bookmaker and each "Buy" is just a long term bet that the player is worth more in dividends over the course of his time on the index than what you've paid upfront.
    Every other bookmaker has a cash out button telling you exactly what you'll get if you cash out now.

surely that is the sell button

• @NewUser621862 it used to be when there was a fi backed is, but now its trader to trader its not