Is your portfolio still taking a beating?

• Is it just me, or has anyone else's portfolio value dropped a fair few percent within the last 4 days?

I'm close to being at the same value as I was 2 weeks ago, mid-crash.

I'm not asking for advise, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? as it's all quiet on the western front, as they say.

• No I'm in really good stead my tatical trading has paid offi just need some German league players and defenders to sound it offif bruno hits 12 pound I'll sell he is my main hold and is in beast mode

• @UncleBeard said in Is your portfolio still taking a beating?:

Is it just me, or has anyone else's portfolio value dropped a fair few percent within the last 4 days?

I'm close to being at the same value as I was 2 weeks ago, mid-crash.

I'm not asking for advise, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? as it's all quiet on the western front, as they say.

No where near the value it was two, three weeks ago at what is probably been the lowest I've seen. It's come down a little but have sold some players recently too which were in profit. The players that have come down for me played poorly, didn't score or had low points yesterday/Friday so i expected them to drop, all part of order books.

• ๐ŸŽข for me, trying to be methodical with my purchases...

• @UncleBeard

A third of my port are up, a third are stagnant and a 3rd are down over the last 3 days.

• @Dan-The-Man thanks, that's very similar to mine. Had I of waited for 20 minutes and looked deeper into it, there are a few bigger names who have dropped slightly, I guess that is in light of not making the TOTM, people may be trading up.

Cheers fella.

• My portfolio has gone down ever so slightly over the last few days. 40% up since the worst point of the crash though. Overall, nothing that concerns me ๐Ÿ‘

• -1.4% in the last 24 hours but up 10.82% for the last 7 days. Comfortably higher than during the crash.

I think these prices, in the main, have reached a decent level. Players will increase when they score well but I dont think we will get rockets across the board. Most of my players are where I'd expect them to be.

• In a word"Yes"
    My port has took more of a beating than my stair carpet.

• Honestly no. +14% last 7 days.

The port needed a big rearrange in the crash.

• Port recovered a whopping 19% in 7 days. But it has been dropping 2% in last 24hrs. Market feels like itโ€™s starting to find itโ€™s feet nicely.

• I'm pretty much the same, iv done a bit of of an overhaul and I'm still 500 down on my initial deposit (mid price) but it was 2000 two weeks ago. I'm loving the order books to fair. Refreshed port at no loss so I'm happy.

• Thanks all.

Seems it's the general consensus, plus a combination of indexpricealerts, and your feedback, means I've managed to make sense of it.

• Yes......

• Were just seeing some profit taking i think.
    Many players in the past week have gone up a fair old percentage.
    Although some of those players that rose did surprise me as they were not regular dividend returners but each to their own.
    Not really concerned as plenty of footie to come which should sustain the recent rises.
    Nothing goes up in a straight line does it๐Ÿ˜‰

• I think more likely for Red Rum to win the National in 2021 ridden by Rik Waller than for me to recover my losses.

• @Shaun442 said in Is your portfolio still taking a beating?:

I think more likely for Red Rum to win the National in 2021 ridden by Rik Waller than for me to recover my losses.

If you'd said Elvis Presley, i would have agreed with you based on earlier research prompted by a similar query by your good self.

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/19892/viable-options/6?_=1606761858329

• I think that we've seen a lot of people who wanted out to get out and some confidence restored. The bargain basement prices disappeared and we've had a bit of a recovery.

This will have given a few others the opportunity to get out at better prices, but I think we'll still need more time for a flying market again.

We got what we needed for now - it's stable.

The number of games on offer will only benefit us and probably entice a fair few to spend more, but it is Christmas at a difficult time so money is needed elsewhere.

The recovery will properly start next year and the covid vaccines in the first 1/4 will only help a return to normal. Still plenty of money to be made in the meantime!

• Just to add a little more context here, I had 4 players who won TOTM, I have the PB winning players like Lewandowski and co, who never won this month, and I also have a fair few players who just missed out on TOTM too. I would say I have a fairly good port, at reasonable prices.

Yet this week I have hit all time low of being 25% down on deposit, that's deposit, not All time profit/loss, which is worse.

It's just a funny little period at the moment for FI, just got through a rough patch (of a few months), and the climb to stability seems to be a little roller-coaster of its own.

This is just reassurance to others who may have felt the bump this week, I've dropped 5.85% which is pretty significant given my port of players, I thought i'd be in a relatively good position.

It's going to be a bumpy road over the next 6 weeks, Christmas withdraws, tightened sanctions for the nation, I think we could see some unpredictable changes in value coming.

I guess as long as we can make sense of them, like those of you who pointed things out above, we should be okay going into 2021, can't wait to get this year out the way!!!

• @UncleBeard everything is tanking today.

I've completely rearranged my port since the crashes, so I've been rising, but today, its tanking bad.

I think FI need to come out with a good promotion right now, maybe this is people withdrawing in anticipation of that. But right now, it's not looking good.