Bidding amateurs

• Frustrating watching people place bids. Been topping up on Messi this morning and watching the bid activity.

People have absolutely no chill.

I was buying nicely at £5.36, as the highest bid then some noob whacks a bid in at £5.45, 9p above my bid, then other noobs start piling in 2p above that so i just walked away in disgust.

Now you've still got bids at 5.47, 5.50, 5.51, 5.54

No real point to this post, but just annoying when you're trying to buy and these clowns jumping up 9p at a time for no reason.

WHY NOT JUST BID A PENNY ABOVE?!

• The market determines the true value my friend not you.

• I really don't get your argument that people started bidding above you. There could be multiple reasons why they went 9p above your bids such as predicting the market getting busier at this time of day...it is all about peoples style of trading and does not mean they are incorrect if they differ from your style.

Having said that this shit makes me laugh.
    abd49575-5b04-463d-bd42-1e0fa633c594-image.png

• @MikeyRobb Yeah, it's mad. Seems 2% added on to the bid is too much for people to work out. Quite often the top 3 bids on a player will cost more than instant buying

• @o_O said in Bidding amateurs:

@MikeyRobb Yeah, it's mad. Seems 2% added on to the bid is too much for people to work out. Quite often the top 3 bids on a player will cost more than instant buying

It's possible the market buy price was higher when they made that bid.

• @SDOAFIT
    Although do remember someone making an app to work out commission when you sell a player so who knows.

Do kids still do mental arithmetic at school?

Still remember trying to teach our apprentice percentages. When she couldn't do 10 percent of 100 I gave up and accepted she was a lost cause.

• @SDOAFIT said in Bidding amateurs:

@SDOAFIT
    Although do remember someone making an app to work out commission when you sell a player so who knows.

Do kids still do mental arithmetic at school?

Still remember trying to teach our apprentice percentages. When she couldn't do 10 percent of 100 I gave up and accepted she was a lost cause.

Its 7, right? 😉🤣

• @SDOAFIT i think some people have numerical dyslexia (dyscalculia). I know some otherwise very intelligent people who are terrible at simple maths. One ex of mine had an additional maths tutor as a teenager to help her improve the only subject she was failing in, and they barely improved anything.

That said, those bad at maths shouldnt really be on FI. These tiny percentages add up significantly over multiple and bigger trades.

Re. Messi. It can be frustrating sometimes but it is the market and anticipating movement is part of that. The rebate coming today as well as some dividends was likely going to increase bids for a select number of players.

• Do not complain as in future these traders may well be the ones you are selling to! Where people trade irrationally there is profit to be made :)

• @MikeyRobb

Lost count of the number of times I’ve seen a bid that is less than 2% below the buy now price.

In most cases it’s probably people who don’t understand that all ‘bids’ are subject to 2% commission but ‘buy nows’ are commission free. I imagine they think they’re getting a bargain!

FI is much complicated than it used to be though. Must be tricky if you’re a complete newbie.

• @o_O I'll remember to ask you what I should bid at next time 😂

• @MUFC Thanks, I'd appreciate it :D

• I dont see your point they can do whatever they want thats what trading is.No more noobs than the next dude ,its not exactly rocket science,this app.

• It's happened again lol.

I had the highest bid at £5.29 then someone steams in at £5.40, there were offers at 5.47 5.48 to cover their amount.

I don't care what any of you say. That's just fcking dumb lol