World Cup strategy

• Hi all,

Obviously in preparation for the World Cup everyone has been buying the likes of Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo and Kane, however I want your thoughts on a slightly different trading strategy.

I'm expecting a lot of casual players to join the site as they get excited for the tournament, and I think a lot of them will buy the best players from the countries they are from. Similarly, a lot of these players may buy the best players from countries they expect to do well, not necessarily just from the top countries. Thus I think the likes of Hernandez (Mexico), Eriksen (Denmark), Sigurdsson (Iceland), Mane (Senegal), Son (South Korea) and Okazaki (Japan) may well increase in price before the World Cup, and if any of their countries go far in the competition they could skyrocket.

Please let me know your thoughts!

• Could do mate.

• If they go through to the closing rounds they will increase in price yes but if and when their country gets knocked out they will fall in price, it's a risk unless you think they are a decent hold for the season after WC