Future of fi

• Hi all, I joined the index in March and put a small amount in to a couple of players (l.martinez @ bowen) seeing I made a small but decent rise was encouraged by the product. However this led me on to some very bad buys Cabral at 72p and even worse Anthony Gordon at 1.95 thiago Almada at £2 and Rashford at 7:80 😂 and feel like an utter moron for that now. I refused to sell with the big crashes and still had faith in the product as I saw a massive potential. In the dips I invested in the big potential div earners at what again thought was a good price (Messi4.20 Kane 4.51 Neymar 6.10Bruno 6.13 kimmich 5.07) so as it’s stands all good buys, and now with divs coming in am enjoying the product more than ever regardless of the dips here and there leaving me to believe the future is bright despite quite a bit of bad sentiment towards FI . So I am curious to know the thoughts of other traders regarding the possible future path of the index. Will we see it expand to new territories, div increases. Pb for other European leagues like Dutch, Scottish and Portuguese.?Would gladly appreciate any feedback.

• I think liquidation is possibly FI s best option,no creditors no explanation no sorry just change FI to FW limited and heypresto no liabilities.Maybe it will get better but ive given up on it.Ive lost 50% of £680,so in upset but im not exactly toxic with rage thank god.pps post covid when feel good factor around footy resumes I think the product will have a bounce back ,but Im not bothered anymore to fed up with it.

• I joined June 21st so approaching 6 months on here. In hindsight, I had no idea of what I was getting myself into, or the nightmare journey I was embarking on.

Started with an initial investment of 1k and have slowly drip fed my account to the tune of 11k despite the turmoil and uncertainty we’ve endured thanks to FI and their bull shit !!

Have to say that I’ve now finally given up pumping money in. It never makes any difference to my portfolio value as there is zero cap appreciation and I can’t see that happening until maybe the Euros at the earliest.

I’m going nowhere as I believe this will eventually be as big as I initially hoped it would be and fortunately don’t need to access the money I’ve put in any time soon.

It has become nothing short of a part time job trying to make football index work for me .... have no idea if I’ve made a profit or not even including the £1,300.00 divs I’ve made ( all reinvested into my portfolio ).

My time is consumed with creating spread sheets and desperately tracking IPD legibility ... index track is shite ... I’ve cancelled that now, and I really thought this was one of the things FI were going to add to their platform.

I guess just another thing they have failed us on.

I’m at the stage we’re I probably just need to delete the app and look again come the Euros to see where it’s at

FI are clearly making a fortune and I’m sure they will eventually accidentally stumble on a winning formula.

I love football index and hate it at the same time !

• @Three-lions said in Future of fi:

I love football index and hate it at the same time !

Amen. 😅
    loving the all time high div’s at the mo. It’s putting the “food” on the portfolio table whilst it’s bleak outside. P/L obviously taking a hammering. But just gonna keep reinvesting the divs until the FI flock stop shitting themselves, and CA returns.
    As @SDOAFIT put it in the other thread- it’s FOMO’s ugly twin sister we are seeing at the moment. Her name is FOSI (fear of staying in). She is working against the market and pushing it just as illogically as FOMO does when it’s booming. But FOSI is hopefully showing signs of easing up, after a torrid 2 months in which FI haven’t helped themselves.
    And when she does bugger off, ppl tend to have short term memories when the market starts rising again. We probably won’t turn the corner until sometime in the New Year/Spring however. But Xmas will be solid football which i’m excited for. And kimmich well be back in Jan 🤩

• @Three-lions I could have written this post, no matter how patient you are every day is a day of feeling deflated. and as i speak lowers yet again, on -43% now and counting.

• This post is deleted!

• Yeah, been on here a year and last week was enough for me. Drip fed the account to the sum of 4.5k and I'm now not investing a penny more other than five.

I'm 23% down even though I have earned over £1,000 in docs within the year. Just cannot justify putting money in.

• My own belief after considering various community voices is that FI have run into issues with the NASDAQ roll out and I expect it to be delayed until the start of next season. I don't believe this was ever the plan for FI so we're somewhat in a holding pattern until the NASDAQ roll out.

Im also of the belief that the delay in NASDAQ roll out has delayed the involvement of true liquidity providers and market makers which is reflective of current market volatility.

Future wise I see FI picking up around the Euros and into the start of next season. I think the Euros could see a big boom in participating players prices if timed with a decent promo. Then we should roll into speculation around a dividend increase and hopefully full NASDAQ roll out by that point.

Until then it's all about collecting dividends and buying players at prices based on you're own valuations.

• Trading isn't easy at the moment and if you have money invested which you don't need then it's best just to sit back and pick up some dividends until things pick up. I do feel sorry for anyone who needs to take some funds out because a lot of people who started this year are running at a loss. The lack of liquidity isn't great for FI either so I'm guessing they will come up with something to boost interest...they usually do.

• @DW

I agree with the above regarding NASDAQ and MM's and I'm sure that on one of the webcasts about a month ago someone was mentioning that NASDAQ role out was about 8 months away which would be broadly inline with what your suggesting.

The optimist in me however, thinks that there may be an uptick in prices in the New Year as people get Christmas out of the way, the Pandemic becomes something less scary and we'll probably get yet another promo from FI.

• I think it will get WORSE before it gets better... Offering a cash out option through liquidity will HIT prices to floor levels as 'desperate' investors try to get out whilst only the few 'opportunists' keep on buying... with advertising not nearly as dominant as it was and with fingers burnt of past gamblers.. Until a lot of money is spent on 'the system' and marketing with a rebrand i doubt we'll be reaching good levels of market positivity and £10 players anytime soon...

FI needs to remodel itself as a dividend structured long term investment platform. If it doesn't it will fall and someone else will take over... If it does.. It still has legs to learn from its mistakes and make people and 'IT' money!

• How much worse can this get?

I've been watching my port over the past few days and the drops can't help but make me feel a tad suspicious there's manipulation at play.. my port will climb £5, then a few mins later drop £10-£20. Rinse and repeat.

My players in the 75p-£2 range in particular are taking a battering. Nkunku sell price is now £1.09.. Kramaric down to £1.06..

Miranchuk has consistently been in the 80-90p IS range and has now fallen to 54p.. what is going on seriously.

• @Stelarsi The product is dying week on week.
    Its losing investors in big numbers and those of us that are fighting through this are shit scared to put any more money in as it will most probably be worth less the next day.
    There are no sensible forum members around anymore to try and calm the masses,they left long ago and i don't blame them.
    If you have any funds put aside best to spend it on your loved ones this Christmas than throw it away on here.
    Gonna have a lie down now🙄😉

• @Gazz127 said in Future of fi:

@Stelarsi The product is dying week on week.
    Its losing investors in big numbers and those of us that are fighting through this are shit scared to put any more money in as it will most probably be worth less the next day.
    There are no sensible forum members around anymore to try and calm the masses,they left long ago and i don't blame them.
    If you have any funds put aside best to spend it on your loved ones this Christmas than throw it away on here.
    Gonna have a lie down now🙄😉

Thanks Gazz, I needed this lol.

Was it a week or so ago we thought we'd hit the bottom? Someone on here said recently it's like having another job at the minute monitoring FI.. couldn't agree more. It's sad I've joined at a time where the one thing I looked for above all else (profits aside) and i've sorely missed is the fun aspect of this.

The divs i've accumulated over the weekend are NOT being reinvested in players for the foreseeable so i'm somewhat taking your advice.. Shame about the £7k+ i've already locked into players lol.

Right, I've had my moan. Time for a lie down also !

• @Gazz127 said in Future of fi:

Many of those individuals are still around & do monitor the forum, however some have tired of reassuring or hand holding, whilst many others, some of whom have supported & defended FI over the direction it has taken the platform, no longer are able to find the words to describe what an absolute & total shambles the transition towards OB's has become.

Making mistakes & false steps is a given for a product such that FI are developing but to simply get every decision or implementation completely & comprehensively wrong & drive the platform & it's traders to such despair is unforgivable. The solutions to stabilise & improve the platform are so close & easy to achieve but FI seem to refuse to implement them even when given the opportunity to do so.

For the record I haven't withdrawn anything as I believe the product is such a strong concept it can & will succeed despite it's clearly inept & incompetent current Senior management. I doubt NASDAQ will be fully here before next season & any recovery will take at least that long to establish IMHO. Rebuilding trader trust & confidence will take significantly longer, which is a real shame & damning indictment on FI management's performance.

• @Geronimo159387 Have you applied to be on the trader panel next week?

You seem to have a good hold of things, but utterly pointless if you don't tell the right people.

• @o_O

I've already sent FI a comprehensive appraisal of the main problems & exhaustive list of suggestions & solutions as how best FI can resolve & address them, via my Senior account manager, & I have an open channel to provide anything further, as & when necessary (as I have done previously).

Whilst trader panels are a good indication that FI are prepared to listen to trader feedback unless & until they result in some concrete delivery & improvements they could just prove to be a glorified talking shop to placate trader concerns. Listening is good but action/delivery is better.

• @Shaun442

I don't think that is where this is going. As it stands the vast majority of shares were purchased at prices way above their current values Values that are decreasing day on day with a little bit of sugar via dividends. The surplus between the prices we bought at and the current realisable value plus future potential dividends is growing, and that surplus is FI's money so they are arguably getting stronger rather than weaker? They just need to ensure they always have sufficient new investment to rinse and repeat

• This post is deleted!