PSG tonight?

• What’s happening? Is the match going ahead or not? What exactly happened? 🤔

• @Sol I heard the 4th official reffered to the the coach as 'the black guy' to the ref...

They won't restart now I don't think. Its too late

• @o_O that is awful, if true. What happens if someone made a bet on the match? My cousin put £100 on a PSG win. Sheesh.

• @Sol Void like any abandonment.

• @Sol

On the plus side, it will be replayed another night and the UCL bonus will almost guarantee that the match features the winners.

• @Roon will WhatsApp him now. Cheers 👍🏼

• @Dan-The-Man game's being played with the others tomorrow night

• @o_O said in PSG tonight?:

@Dan-The-Man game's being played with the others tomorrow night

So much for that theory then.

• So the audio from the game is out,

The romanian forth official is telling the ref about the Istanbul coach kicking off and refers to him as 'the black one' black in Romanian is negru

• @Sol 100 to win a 10er Abouts ? Haha what’s the point

• No excuses for calling him a negru/negro. It wouldn’t be acceptable if the 4th official was English, so shouldn’t be OK just because he’s Romanian. He should be given a 3-6 month ban.

Same standards for everyone please.

• @ocs123 said in PSG tonight?:

No excuses for calling him a negru/negro. It wouldn’t be acceptable if the 4th official was English, so shouldn’t be OK just because he’s Romanian. He should be given a 3-6 month ban.

He called him the black guy. If it translates to something offensive in another language that is unfortunate but that's all it is. Lots of UK words will translate to something that sounds like offensive terms in other languages.

Saying the black guy is a bit silly and ignorant but it's not a racist attack. To walk off the pitch for that is insanity and should be repercussions on the teams.

My partner is Asian and I hate racism but a lot of people like being offended. Why couldn't they carry on replacing the 4th official?

• @SDOAFIT

Negru in Romanian also means Negro.

The 4th official would have to be an ostrich to not understand that it’s offensive.

@SDOAFIT

Negru in Romanian also means Negro.

The 4th official would have to be an ostrich to not understand that it’s offensive.

Honestly I don't know the specifics of romanian. What I read suggested it didn't, was a separate word and not offensive and more likely a misunderstanding.

If that is wrong then I take it back obviously.

• @SDOAFIT

I suppose only the 4th official knows whether he meant it as a slur or not. But if you have a word that has two meanings and one of them is a racial slur, probably best not to use it!

• @SDOAFIT said in PSG tonight?:

@ocs123 said in PSG tonight?:

No excuses for calling him a negru/negro. It wouldn’t be acceptable if the 4th official was English, so shouldn’t be OK just because he’s Romanian. He should be given a 3-6 month ban.

He called him the black guy. If it translates to something offensive in another language that is unfortunate but that's all it is. Lots of UK words will translate to something that sounds like offensive terms in other languages.

Saying the black guy is a bit silly and ignorant but it's not a racist attack. To walk off the pitch for that is insanity and should be repercussions on the teams.

My partner is Asian and I hate racism but a lot of people like being offended. Why couldn't they carry on replacing the 4th official?

Reason that they refused to carry on after the 4th official being replaced was due to the fact the "said" 4th official was going to be put on VAR duty for the remainder of the game. To be perfectly fair imagine the uproar if there was a dodgy VAR decision after all that....right decision was made in my opinion.

• So is the game being re started from what was it the 12th minute or are they starting again🤔

@SDOAFIT

I suppose only the 4th official knows whether he meant it as a slur or not. But if you have a word that has two meanings and one of them is a racial slur, probably best not to use it!

True re the first part. Nobody knows but I think a lot of people are jumping in looking for it to be offensive.

Re the second part no sorry. It's hard enough to avoid offending people these days when speaking in your own language. If you have to think about what it translates to in other languages it's getting silly.

Remember the FA chairman getting blasted for saying coloured people instead of people of colour. It's crazy how careful you have to be to avoid upsetting people.

It's impossible for us to know exactly what was meant but it could well be a complete misunderstanding which was then back tracked to saying 'the black guy' was offensive which it isn't really. When I was in China, I was referred to as the foreigner which isnt that much different.

• Urmm I just got navas clean sheet divs - not complaining but wondered if this was just an error? Am I pushing my luck if PSG actually get a clean sheet to get divs again?

• @SDOAFIT

Yes, I agree, it’s hard to avoid offending people nowadays.

But it has a direct translation in his own language. He doesn’t need to speak English to understand it could be offensive and I suspect he knew what he was saying and what it meant.

I don’t think it’s justifiable to have a situation where it’s OK to be offensive just because your Romanian, but wouldn’t be OK if he was English. That’s double standards.