Adam Cole, taking a backseat. Market update announcement.

• A message from Adam Cole

Dear Traders,

This year has been an exceptional one for all of us during which we have seen some unprecedented effects on our lives. It has taught us all to embrace change and as we near its end and look towards 2021 with hope, I feel it’s important to reflect on where we have come from and as we move into our sixth year, consider where we are headed next. At the end of the year, many of us pause and reset our lives, setting new goals and aspirations for the future. Football Index is no exception.

To initiate this Football Index reset, I will be stepping down from the day-to-day running of the business and handing over to Mike Bohan as our new CEO, supported by Ciaran Rowan as our COO together with the rest of our executive team. I will take up a new role as Chairman.

As co-founders, both Mike and Ciaran are fully committed to the future success of the platform and focused on taking us to the next level, in what will, without a doubt, be an exciting new chapter in Football Index’s journey.

After five years of watching the platform grow, I am delighted to be handing over the reins to Mike and Ciaran and look forward to seeing what this new chapter has in store for Football Index.

Adam Cole

Founder, Football Index

A message from Mike Bohan

Hello Traders,

It is with great excitement that I address you as the new CEO of Football Index!

As a co-founder, I have been lucky enough to be part of this journey every step of the way, and I am looking forward to taking on a bigger role in the day-to-day management of the business.

Together with my executive team I thank Adam for his leadership over the past five years - without his vision and passion our company would not have achieved the remarkable level of growth it has.

This reset will only be as successful as we make it and listening to you, our Traders, is more important than ever at this stage in our journey.

A direct rapport with our customers will be one of a few initiatives we are looking to focus on, ensuring we capture the broad range of Trader profiles, wallet size and views. We want to hear your concerns and ideas and use this feedback to make Football Index a better, more engaging platform.

These changes are an opportunity for us to take stock of what has and hasn’t worked as well as we would have liked. Going forward, there will be a renewed focus on delivering the improvements that you want to see. While keeping you updated on any significant changes remains a priority, the main aim is to make sure that these are implemented in an agile and efficient manner. As such, expect fewer promises and more deliverables as we embark on this fresh start!

We are aware that many of you have spoken at length about the importance of liquidity providers, and as a product that has appeal both from the perspective of trading and football gambling, we have had interest from both sectors. At the moment, we are working hard to get these relationships in a good place.

While today might be the first day of this new chapter, as always, we remain committed to the product and continue to be grateful for all the support shown by our Traders along the way. With a clear focus on decision making that is underpinned by intelligent strategy and an appreciation for how the product works, we are looking forward to taking the platform to new heights in 2021. We will communicate these updates on our website, mobile app and Linkedin page, so please do keep an eye out!

Now, more than ever, we’ll look to use football, the foundation of our platform, to actively enhance the Football Index experience. At the end of the day, football and our passion for the beautiful game is the thing that brings us all together, and I am delighted to share that with you all!

Mike Bohan

CEO, Football Index

• Good news right?

• Let's hope it's a positive thing.

At least there is an actual change at the top. Gives some hope.

• @UncleBeard said in Same suit, different monkeys?:

As such, expect fewer promises and more deliverables as we embark on this fresh start!

Liked this line!

• I think it's a good decision. When things aren't working, changing things makes sense.

• Nice to see Mike recognising the need for better trader engagement. The reputational damage they have dealt to their own product over the past six months has been enormous - they need to make their trader base happy again or else the product will fail. Comms, engagement but also, in the end, a way of recompensing traders for their recent losses in some way will be key.

• @o_O @NewUser161744 It is, and it isn't right? Having worked in some successful international businesses, everyone tends to know that if you hire internally, it significantly stunts development.

New ideas, a fresh prospective, I hope it's not a basic like for like change. Why would they have new ideas? surely they would have been in the same meetings with AC for the past 6 years? Hope it is an injection of energy and change.

Just would have preferred to have kept this little update for a later date this year, right now sentiment needs uplifting, I don't think it will happen with this update.

I think they're hoping for a change in mentality from traders, they mention a fresh start, like we should put the past behind us, and put it down to that silly man at the top making bad decisions.

Also, this has pissed me right off "It has taught us all to embrace change and as we near its end and look towards 2021". Adam, 2020 has pushed us into a corner and forced us to take on change, less of an embrace, more of a fucking hammering.

• @UncleBeard I think it's absolutely pointless making these kinds of judgements. We know nothing about how management works at FI. Adam Cole could well be a cantankerous old twat that has blocked everyone's ideas for a while and made terrible calls, things might take a completely new direction now. We don't know yet.

Surely just have some hope and give the guy a chance..

• @o_O Yeah, obviously we will. I too hope it's a good move buddy. Just hope some concrete changes can be made quite swiftly. :-)

• @UncleBeard

Jesus.

When I looked at my phone and saw "Important Message From Adam Cole and Football Index", or whatever the headline on that notification was, my heart sank. and for what? So we can hear of the fancy new job titles.

God luck to both chaps.

• @Dan-The-Man we get a tangible change in leadership, a chance for change that people have been crying out for and you still moan.

Are you OK?

• I would expect, now there has been a change, the new chiefs would want to stamp their mark on things sooner rather than later....we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

• All aboard the POG TRAIN....

Where's the rockets????

In all honesty, I think they are listening, time has come to act, and it's about bloody time!!!

FI needs to be 'more' football, ran by people that 'know and understand' football, and having heard Mike Bohan talk nonsense on Jim White in the past whilst I don't think he's the man to do this, I certainly think he's said the right things to help breed confidence back into the platform... Which in itself is a start!

• Strange timing really. Is this an admission that Nasdaq, Liquidity providers, new media monitor etc are delayed even longer.

• Strange to appoint someone internally as stated above.

• @o_O said in Adam Cole, taking a backseat. Market update announcement.:

@Dan-The-Man we get a tangible change in leadership, a chance for change that people have been crying out for and you still moan.

Oh really. Tangible is it?

In what specific ways do you see the index changing now that it wouldn't have previously?

• Wheres my money?Give it me

• @Dan-The-Man said in Adam Cole, taking a backseat. Market update announcement.:

@o_O said in Adam Cole, taking a backseat. Market update announcement.:

@Dan-The-Man we get a tangible change in leadership, a chance for change that people have been crying out for and you still moan.

Oh really. Tangible is it?

In what specific ways do you see the index changing now that it wouldn't have previously?

Can't we just wait and see before slamming it? a new CEO is obviously going to try to make some changes and make their mark. It's a hugely important high point in his career. Also he has a marketing background, so knows the importance of lifting the image of the product and will have ideas about improving sentiment.

Can I ask you, if you are so negative about the product that all you do is pick holes in it at every opportunity, and even a complete change of leadership doesn't give you even a shred of hope that anything will change or get better.... Why the fuck are you here?

You've been in long enough that you could still sell with some profit. Just do that.

• @o_O said in Adam Cole, taking a backseat. Market update announcement.:

Can't we just wait and see before slamming it?

I wished them luck.

It's not like we know these people or how they function at work, what their ideas were or even what (if anything) will change for the better or the worse. It might as well have read "They have gone for a shit", for the difference it has made.

Can I ask you

Nope.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Adam Cole, taking a backseat. Market update announcement.:

@o_O said in Adam Cole, taking a backseat. Market update announcement.:

Can't we just wait and see before slamming it?

I wished them luck.

It's not like we know these people or how they function at work, what their ideas were or even what (if anything) will change for the better or the worse. It might as well have read "They have gone for a shit", for the difference it has made.

Can I ask you

Nope.

It's a change. It's hope.