Dominik Szoboszlai

• So the inevitable moment has happened, He has joined a PB League and Team.... swapped one RedBull team for another and signed for Leipzeg! They seem to have a lot of attacking midfielders!

Thoughts?

• i had a little dabble as think 'now' is a good time to get on board although i do think he might drop further until perhaps the new year (due simply to FI mechanics, Bundesliga break and people slowing investments down this time of year).... as a player though.... the best since Zoltan Gera????? he is the most magical magyar i imagine since Puskas... Very highly rated footballer and one i think will get a 'BIG' move once he's succeeded at Leipzig!

Mind you... I said that abut Robert Skov!

• @dannypea it’s a tricky one. Because someone who has already succeeded at RBL, and moved to the prem is Werner. He is currently £1.80 odd. Szoboszlai is £1.60. If Werner is the guide of what Szobo could achieve, then Szobo is way over priced. So for me it’s hard to value.

• I'll be seeing how he gets on first. Sabitzer, Olmo and Nkunku are all half the price.

• @Valhalla yes but key is to sell on the 'hype' (like it was when Werner was linked with Liverpool etc)... which will inevitably build if he does well at RBL and whilst racking up the dividend scores up whilst he's in a PB league... The Werner thing was quite predictable... the build up was Liverpool, United etc... the reality was Chelsea... which will always disappoint a few!

• @dannypea Werner remember hit £5.99 doing well at RBL!

That should be more of a benchmark if we are to 'believe' in the product and player.

• I'm not sure about paying £1.75 for a player not guaranteed to start or replicate his form in Germany. Nkunku, who has had two 200 plus scores over the last two months, looks a better bet at 84p imo. Szobo is a wait and see.

• @Timmy there are no 'guarantees' in life.. but with trading on Football Index, the odd 'risk' doesn't hurt...

The platform, proven in the past doesn't always work on 'steady dividend scoring' but instead can often be based on 'hype'. and performance.. whilst I agree Nkunku is 'less risk' could Szoboszlai's potential not see him reach 'higher gain' which is the balance we all strive for?

We all understand 'statistics' plays a part... but sometimes when a bloody good footballer comes along, it can be worthwhile to take a chance too!

• @dannypea said in Dominik Szoboszlai:

@Timmy there are no 'guarantees' in life.. but with trading on Football Index, the odd 'risk' doesn't hurt...

The platform, proven in the past doesn't always work on 'steady dividend scoring' but instead can often be based on 'hype'. and performance.. whilst I agree Nkunku is 'less risk' could Szoboszlai's potential not see him reach 'higher gain' which is the balance we all strive for?

We all understand 'statistics' plays a part... but sometimes when a bloody good footballer comes along, it can be worthwhile to take a chance too!

quotation_marks (1).jpg

• @o_O

oh god.... the C**T is back!!!!

• C'mon then C**T.... let's make this post about you... what else do you want to say????

• @dannypea The platform has changed now though. It's pretty clear that value is built on dividend scoring and it should be - betting on CA instead of returns (which should bring CA in a good market) was always a tenuous strategy. And statistics is the most important thing because we earn money from those statistics. Haaland and Mbappe will surely be the dominant strikers in world football but I wasn't going to buy them at £8, 7, 6 etc or now, because they don't produce enough dividends.

Don't get me wrong - if you think Szoboszlai is the new Messi and will earn lots of dividends, then it's a bet worth making. But ultimately what matters is whether he will earn those dividends (and whether he starts). Looking at the market - at the value elsewhere, I think he goes lower before he goes higher. It's the same thing I said about Foden a few days ago, Greenwood etc - there are some brilliant young footballers around but value has to come from their ability to earn, especially in this depressed market. And even if you like a player, it's always worth considering the right jumping on point.

• @Timmy not sure he's quite the new Messi but as you mention dividends i do look at the footballer, his position on the pitch, the team he now plays for, the style of player he is, and think he probably offers RBL the best opportunity of 'dividend' return in that team (MFs and FWs as i don't really buy defenders)... Yes it's a gamble, might not be one that pays off (plenty haven't) but if he does return divs, if he does play well, if he does get EPL interest... like with any other player that does well on this platform, no reason you can't double your profits no matter what the price (under £5) is at!

• Great player with bags of potential, and Leipzig is probably the ideal place for him to develop into a world class player.

I was a holder myself but managed to sell for a small profit once i realised he was heading to Leipzig and unlikely to win any MB as a result. Looking at some of the prices in the market right now, i would say he is currently grossly overvalued and could easily see his IS dropping below £1 soon if this sentiment continues.

Definitely one to watch though and i will be looking to get back on at the right price or if he hits the ground running in Germany.