Corona virus

• How badly has the virus affected everyone’s ports? If everything was normal and with all the changes and shit, still be awful?

• @NewUser332703 impossible question to answer

• @NewUser332703 if we didnt have the virus yes it stil would be shit. The footie ain't stopped was delayed.

• Fuck all to do with covid. Everything to do with FI shafting everybody and lining their own nest.

• @NewUser332703 Massive issue imo, economy absolutely ruined, people with job insecurity etc, can’t risk having funds tied up in FI. Covid has also meant the introduction of the 5 sub rule, meaning it’s more difficult to win PB, makes winning on fi more difficult. I think it will be very different come spring/summer, and you never know, FI might pull out a decent announcement to go with it..

• @o_O That makes no sense...

• Various issues are mixed together at the moment making difficult to ‘isolate’ the impact of the pandemic alone.

What is certain tough is that in the wake of the virus FI for the first time must have realized that there was actually the eventuality that people would IS their entire portfolio en masse and run for the hills.

They responded first buying time for themselves by increasing enormously the spreads and to allow then a rushed introduction of OB with the consequences we all know.

Based solely on these facts my guess would be that without corona we could have possibly had:

1. Another six month of that nice CA ride which was basically going on in perpetuity for 5 years

2. A more structured and timed introduction of OB, waiting for actual implementation of full mechanic and with MM on board.

My two cents.

• @NewUser332703 said in Corona virus:

How badly has the virus affected everyone’s ports? If everything was normal and with all the changes and shit, still be awful?

I joined in June 2020 after COVID became a thing, so I knew about it when I invested/gambled my money. At first, I made a very small investment and flipped low cost players short term. Price fluctuation made this easy. There wasn't really a crash for me because I only had short term holds. In the last few days I've invested a bit more and started buying Ronaldo, Messi, Kroos, Lewandowski. Good returns so far, but a bit scarier knowing I'm committed longer term.

I don't think COVID has affected my FI experience, but it has given my pension fund a hefty kick in the nuts.

• @Kozo-Kira said in Corona virus:

Various issues are mixed together at the moment making difficult to ‘isolate’ the impact of the pandemic alone.

What is certain tough is that in the wake of the virus FI for the first time must have realized that there was actually the eventuality that people would IS their entire portfolio en masse and run for the hills.

They responded first buying time for themselves by increasing enormously the spreads and to allow then a rushed introduction of OB with the consequences we all know.

Based solely on these facts my guess would be that without corona we could have possibly had:

1. Another six month of that nice CA ride which was basically going on in perpetuity for 5 years

2. A more structured and timed introduction of OB, waiting for actual implementation of full mechanic and with MM on board.

My two cents.

Yep.

I don't think Covid is directly responsible for any of this. If market sentiment was good, people would find money to chuck at Football Index. Yes a lot of people are struggling, personally I have more disposable income than ever as my base income is the same and I am spending far less on other stuff. There will be a lot of other people in the same boat. So the economy is not to blame for any of this.

However ... it did force Football Index to bring in order books before they were ready. Like you said they closed off IS due to the danger of people selling up following the stock market crash and football being cancelled. They then were forced to allow bids otherwise there was no way for any sales to be made. And then they were forced to allow offers as they were criticised for only having half an OB. So they were basically pushed into OBs before they were ready by Covid.

In hindsight .... had they just left IS unchanged then there would have been a sell off but it would probably have recovered in the same way the stock market did if we had the old mechanics. But that's hindsight.

We will never know whether OBs would have worked if FI had waited until they were ready (would they ever be ready) ? So short answer, yes Covid has knackered FI but it didn't need to have. Or rather Covid helped FI knacker itself.

• Would be about 50% better,dont think with no virus and wall to wall footy on telly,that the crash would of been as big for so long,I think the financial stresses of covid have made gambling the last thing most family men or women want to spend money on,so when prices dropped people panicked.Its just a bad time to change an app that functioned fairly well anyway.Id of brought in order biiks maybe before the 21/22 season,and maybe given people the option to sell up and leave by giving them a real tutorial about how order books work and how it can go well or in this case,very bad.

• @MUFC "impossible" seems a bit far fetched. Certainly not clear cut. However, it adds a degree of uncertainty which cannot be a good thing. I hoping there are smarter folk in here who will understand how that can make a market behave