Trust Pilot Reviews

• Hi there, I originally thought about signing up to football index back in late 2018/early2019ish, I did leave it for a while as I was sceptical about the whole concept, I did read a lot of reviews on Trust Pilot like I do on most new companies and products I don't have a lot of knowledge about, FI at the time had some glowing reviews, I finally took the plunge August 2019.... initially I loved the product....fast forward to December 2020 and we all know the history. What has now deeply concerned me is looking back at Trust Pilot, FI is beginning to take enormous flack from some very disappointed customers, if I was looking to join FI as a new user today, I wouldn't touch the product based on what I'm reading, has the recent events destroyed customer confidence for good? I really hope I'm reading too much into this and it simply won't be the case and repair it's reputation pretty swiftly.

• Yes, you're right, it has taken a beating on Trust Pilot. We discussed this quite recently in this thread:

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/19847/trust-pilot?_=1608344448057

What I hope people who read this do not do, is go onto TrustPilot and leave a positive meaningless, misleading review, just to "help FI". That's illogical and we the users should not be trying to save the day.

The truth is it has been shite, and FI should take a long hard look at themselves and see the plummeting stars on their once 5 star company and do something about it.

We should be leaving positive reviews once they follow up their words with some actual actions.

It pisses me off to see stupid none-sense positive reviews in between negative, honest reviews, because people have lost loads of money due to incompetence.

But this is just my two cents.

• @UncleBeard what about those of us who actually are in profit because we invested after the crash. I can't imagine it's going to crash any further (seeing as then you wojlc make your money back in divs in a year)?

Surely it's the best time for a new customer to invest?

• @NewUser683052

Yep, that’s the paradox. When the reviews are the worst and new traders are least likely to join, is exactly when they should be joining because the dividend yield and growth potential is huge.

Then when the market does pick up and they do actually join, they will have missed the boat in part and will be paying more than necessary.

• @ocs123 yeah, that is very true.

No, I'm still here I enjoy it all, I just couldn't recommend it to family or friends at the moment, because of what has gone on, I mean, would you recommend it?

Great time to join. I just couldn't understand why any long term members would leave positive feedback now, regardless of whether or not your in the plus, you've just lost a shit load of money.

And new users, by which I mean anyone joined within the past 3 weeks, they shouldn't be posting positive, because they haven't experience FI properly yet.

Just wait until the next tree shaking, and we're all chasing CA players again, and you can't sell up your port haha.

• @NewUser683052 it is a very good time to invest under the assumption that FI is going to be around paying divs.

My sensation is that current low prices factor in the risk of default, which to some, given the recent erratic behavior of the company, might actually be a realistic outcome.

These would be the considerations I would make if I was to put money in as a new joiner.

• Thanks for the advice guys, definitely feeling slightly more positive, at least I'm in a fortunate position where I'm not reliant on any of the cash I've deposited anytime soon, sounds like things should recover, it's just not going to switch over night and is going to a painful bumpy ride for the time being. I thought this was an absolute revelation 18 months ago and still hold out hope, I thought if it ever opened up in other markets in Europe or Asia via the same platform we would all be laughing one day!!

• @NewUser412625 They need new customers , as the pool of traders is getting smaller and smaller , yet the amount of shares in circulation is more or less the same. The majority of us dont have that much more cash to throw in bar our dividends money

• Just having a quick look on trust pilot. Why is it people feel the need to leave several 5 star reviews. If I was a person looking to invest this would definitely make me question it.

• If you leave bad review on Trustpilot you get an email from customer support asking for you to contact them.I left a review just saying ive lost a big part of £700(60%) because of order books,and this email came on my mobile saying theyd red flagged me as being a person who needs help with gambling or debt managent?Doh ,I only lost 3% of 12k in shares in the previous 3 years.Ive no problem gambling,my problem is introducing things to the app which robs me of money,but makes fi rich.Id never leave a toxic offensive review but it is nice to tell people that fi is a very poor choice for your money unless you like losing the stuff.

• @Shaun442 the irony is they are reinforcing negativity (in your case almost trolling)
    with users when users and positive sentiment are the only things that can pick up the platform

• @UncleBeard said in Trust Pilot Reviews:

No, I'm still here I enjoy it all, I just couldn't recommend it to family or friends at the moment, because of what has gone on, I mean, would you recommend it?

Tbh, I don't think I would recommend any gambling product to friends, I wouldn't want to feel responsible if they got carried away and in to debt.

There is profit to be made for new investors, but its easy to get sucked in. My brother in law is interested, but he got himself in to debt with fruit machines years ago, so I wouldn't want to be the catalyst for another problem.

• Id love to leave a really good review for FI but logic just says no,I think this platform should set stricter gambling limits so people dont put too much cash in.Id hate for people to get mentally unwell because theyve lost 25k.And I dont really think ive trolled fi on trust pilot,ive left a mildly neg review then when ive calmed down i just delete it againbecause I dont want to be the toxic one who spoils it for others.

• I actually took my trustpilot review down... i originally gave it 4/5 stars and a positive response as was more than happy with the returns although never felt the platform was the most slickest but changed it when they recently considerably changed the bet - smashing apart the spreads to irrelevance and losing the instant sell feature which we all know about.... I felt this was really dirty and underhand and has kept people who wanted to get out, locked in at worse prices than what they invested in...

Previously I recommended FI to many friends who tried the platform, not many survived as not many really understood it... I couldn't recommend it to any more friends as I don't really believe folk can make money from it (I only made money myself from rapid growth over the first 3 year cycle which was inevitable) and I don't like the way FI completely changed their goalposts mid-bet!

• @dannypea said in Trust Pilot Reviews:

I actually took my trustpilot review down... i originally gave it 4/5 stars and a positive response as was more than happy with the returns although never felt the platform was the most slickest but changed it when they recently considerably changed the bet - smashing apart the spreads to irrelevance and losing the instant sell feature which we all know about.... I felt this was really dirty and underhand and has kept people who wanted to get out, locked in at worse prices than what they invested in...

Previously I recommended FI to many friends who tried the platform, not many survived as not many really understood it... I couldn't recommend it to any more friends as I don't really believe folk can make money from it (I only made money myself from rapid growth over the first 3 year cycle which was inevitable) and I don't like the way FI completely changed their goalposts mid-bet!

I gave FI 5/5 in 2018 when I joined after I made enough profit to more that cover a whole months rent/bills. That was on the eve of their 1st London Meet. The day after the Meet, the opposite occurred, and it went into a bear market. Looking back, I'm convinced FI manipulated the delta to give everyone a green portfolio and positive sentiment.

I will not take down the positive review, as it was true at the time. Your positive review was true at the time. All you need to do is to post a new review.

• @Londoner issue was... my original review promoted FI as a positive place to trade... regardless of whether i 'won' or 'lost' money myself... changing bets to suit mid bet has not just happened once... i really cannot now after 3 years say that 'yes, I recommend FI as a reputable place to gamble money' as I really don't trust them to make the right decisions, which has in fact held me back in the past investing more than i actually did!