Do you think confidence will come back to the market when Covid is over?

• Maybe late next year? Or are there other issues?

• @Ollie the too things are unrelated.

I feel like a broken record this morning and it's still early.

Confidence in the market, is not COVID related. Market sentiment is not COVID related.

Are there other issues you ask? I'm not sure if this is a wind up or not, but maybe read any of the top ten listed articles here, I'm sure that'll have some mention of something.

• IS removal was brought in to protect FI and us from a Covid selling panic, which predictably happened?

• @Ollie I’d say incorrect. It was the spread increase that was brought in to ‘protect’ us and FI from the COVID panic selling.

On the back of that OB were brought in instead to remove any FI liability on selling.

After that market was, I’d say carelessly, left to take its predictable down spiraling course.

• @Ollie IS removal was something they'd been wanting for ages, for no reason other than it being a huge liability on the accounts.

It will undeniably help them secure future marketing loans, and look great on the books, but it was at our expense.

Any way, go read through the forum, it's a good laugh 👍😁

• @Ollie 100%, Covid a massive issue, in case people haven’t noticed the economy is fucked, job security/cash flow for many must be a massive issue. They won’t be able to have their money in FI at the moment. Covid also meant that order books were rushed, a long with.IS being disabled to protect FI and our portfolios. The year obviously not gone as planned for FI. Covid also meant that the introduction of 5 subs, more difficult to win Pb etc. I think the fi world will look very different come spring/summer, prices at least double across the board.

• I think covid has directly caused 100% of the problems with FI,I think sheer stress over money due to a lot of people not working,or having to work in a new job,has driven decisions that led to the crash.I personally feel if the ceos want to make FI sucessful it will be maybe in the 21/22 season.But I think the ceos want out and will sell FI or just wind it up.They sucked millions out with order books ,got rich,so why when there is no real assets left,why bother.They could suck whats left out then go bankcrupt,All the ceos money will be ringfenced,its us who would be left with zilch.

• @Shaun442 you've been here since 2017 and the two insightful points you make in your message are;

COVID is 100% the problem
    CEOs will wind-up the business because they're making no money

What planet are you on? 100%? Really? COVID is not the problem, COVID did not cut your portfolio value in half before traders started exiting. COVID was about from Feb-today's date, during which time there has been periods of stability, rises and obviously falls.

Market sentiment is the main driving force behind any value/price fluctuations, yes COVID contributes towards that sentiment, but largely the negative sentiment is down to mismanagement, lack of understanding and dog-shite implementation of change, and false promises of grandeur!

And as for winding up the company?! FI make so much money from underselling players. Yes the amount of traders on the platform has decreased, but the amount of shares in circulation will be near enough the same, regardless of how many leave, because other traders buy those shares.

Just in case you're wondering why you have a down-vote.

• no,... and if it does ill cash out and be done with this.....im only still in because ive been locked in

• I don't think covid has as much to do with the crash as people think. Everyone knows that in a depression people gamble to try and make money and the gambling industry is doing really well right now. It's how they dealt with covid which I think was the problem. Suspending trading and turning of instant sell is a massive reason for the big crash. Massive risk now which wasn't there before.

Also in regards to the company being sold, I'm not sure who would be buying a business that continues to lose money day in day out. I may be wrong but it seems they need Gordon Ramsey to come in and sort the index staff out.

• @Tom7471 Covid didn’t have much to do with the market crash, the market crash was to do with them turning off IS? Which they did in response to Covid...

• @Tom7471 do you have any evidence that the business is losing money?

• @Hint does he chuff! The index is in a bad place now, but you can tell the prices will rocket when the time is right. Prices will be double come next spring/summer.

• @Chilling-Rick They would have removed IS regardless of Covid. Covid was just the catalyst however that cannot be an excuse for what happen afterwards. Removing IS would always crash the market unless there were things in place to prevent that, which there weren't, and that is a the crux of the problem and that is down to FI alone and nothing else

• @Random-Walker said in Do you think confidence will come back to the market when Covid is over?:

@Chilling-Rick They would have removed IS regardless of Covid. Covid was just the catalyst however that cannot be an excuse for what happen afterwards. Removing IS would always crash the market unless there were things in place to prevent that, which there weren't, and that is a the crux of the problem and that is down to FI alone and nothing else

That’s it in my opinion as well.

First you bring in Nasdaq and MM and THEN you remove the IS.

The COVID crisis somehow ‘forced’ their hand to do the opposite creating the shamble we are in now.

• @Shaun442 said in Do you think confidence will come back to the market when Covid is over?:

I think covid has directly caused 100% of the problems with FI,I think sheer stress over money due to a lot of people not working,or having to work in a new job,has driven decisions that led to the crash.I personally feel if the ceos want to make FI sucessful it will be maybe in the 21/22 season.But I think the ceos want out and will sell FI or just wind it up.They sucked millions out with order books ,got rich,so why when there is no real assets left,why bother.They could suck whats left out then go bankcrupt,All the ceos money will be ringfenced,its us who would be left with zilch.

you can spend £8 and get a credit rating report for FI

They are ranked very well. Stable for money.

CEO's will take a wage, and have shares in the company. Winding it up won't help them. They won't have some huge golden hand-shake or pension pot to raid.

One second you say they will run it into the ground, the next sell it on.
    I'm not convinced you should be on a gambling site

• @Kozo-Kira said in Do you think confidence will come back to the market when Covid is over?:

@Random-Walker said in Do you think confidence will come back to the market when Covid is over?:

@Chilling-Rick They would have removed IS regardless of Covid. Covid was just the catalyst however that cannot be an excuse for what happen afterwards. Removing IS would always crash the market unless there were things in place to prevent that, which there weren't, and that is a the crux of the problem and that is down to FI alone and nothing else

That’s it in my opinion as well.

First you bring in Nasdaq and MM and THEN you remove the IS.

The COVID crisis somehow ‘forced’ their hand to do the opposite creating the shamble we are in now.

Who exactly as it bidding ludicrously low prices on players to take advantage of panic sellers ?

Adam Cole or the FI community

Look at some of the low ball bids on the site right now. Users have to take ownership.

• @Kozo-Kira Absolutely. In addition to that they should have reduced the spreads progressively and in a smoother way so that people that wanted out could get out. Thats what a responsible, level headed oriented company, with the interest of their customers at heart would do

• @Chilling-Rick but they were going to get rid of instant sell anyway.

• @Hint I know a couple of people who have been working out the day to day numbers of commission Vs divs and even with the extra 2% commission they are losing money everyday. It's not the biggest worry because they will have a pot of cash ready for this but it can't continue for a long period.