Robertson is the new TAA

• with Robertson PB scores becoming more regular and his general involvement in games becoming huge - will his Price be more in line with TAA by the euros? you could argue hes more likely to win PB in a scottish team than TAA for england

• Unless Trent's form nosedives, his price will always be ahead of Robertson's.

He's English for a start so will likely generate more MB wins than Robertson, especially in the build up to the Euros and World Cup. England will also stand a much better chance of progressing in these competitions than Scotland in the Euro's and he could play an integral part in that.

• TAA has no real pull in terms of MB both for club or country
    where England are concerned he might even struggle to start in Southgate's system and as far as MB goes leading into the euros, i would say he is one of the least likely members of the squad to generate any news interest.

• @qwertqwert I’d like to see us play him in cdm haven’t got anyone that can pass in there atm

• Robertson the only player helping my dead port out

• @FOF just hoping he doesn’t get Opta’d off top spot. I have a decent sized hold so straight off the back of the other night, this would be great.

Managed to use the promo 8.00pm to renew all my shares in him whilst reducing his average cost price considerably ( as I have held him a while at around £2.20 mark )

Win Win 🤞

Best thing about FI is if he doesn’t win ... there’s always about another 150 games over the next 3 years to have another crack at it

• @Stelarsi said in Robertson is the new TAA:

Unless Trent's form nosedives, his price will always be ahead of Robertson's.

He's English for a start so will likely generate more MB wins than Robertson, especially in the build up to the Euros and World Cup. England will also stand a much better chance of progressing in these competitions than Scotland in the Euro's and he could play an integral part in that.

As @qwertqwert points out- it’s a myth he will earn MB because he is English. The media just aren’t that interested in England defenders.

• I would expect TAA to remain more expensive that Robertson just because he's 4 years younger. Assuming they earn similar amounts each year that means TAA's career dividend return should be much higher.

Having said that I think Robertson is an excellent player and I think he could earn more in divs than TAA over the rest of this season and next season. Robertson is 26 which means his next 3 to 4 years are likely his peak. TAA, at 22, still hopefully has a significant amount of improving to do. It's a toss up for me which is the better player right now and I'd probably lean to Robertson, but I think TAA at 26 will be a better player than Robertson at 26.

• @GeoffS I don't understand this career dividend argument, its a three year bet so as long as both players are expected to play for three years surely its irrelevant? Obviously if a player is 33 then I understand that but with two lads in their 20s surely the bet will expire before you get near the end of their career anyway?

• @9stevo

Career dividends and age matter as they dictate the resale value. The more earnings potential they have left when you come to sell the higher the likely sale price.

• @GeoffS ah ok got it, hadn't ever thought of it like that! cheers.