U Turn

• 2020 year of the u turn - admit you’ve messed up, go back to the previous structure. Better to have egg on your face and admit you messed up rather than carry on regardless

• oh my

another one who thinks IS os going to magically reappear along with Dragons, Dinosaurs and Unicorns

• @Munchie63 it's not a solution but I would also worry about someone who believes that there was a time in which unicorns existed

• IS needs to return in some form.

If you think about Messi, he's 33 years old, still dominating games so it's not unreasonable to think he still has 2-3+ years of playing at the top.

During that time he'll rake in dividends, but as the end comes near then traders will sell at lower rates. All of the shares will remain and one day he says he's done and reties. There'll be a big blast of instant sells to anyone that made low bids and left them. Then, there'll be thousands of shares that nobody will buy. They are worthless, with money locked up in them.

Now consider 5 or 10 years time and how many players this will affect.

They also need to change this buy price as it's encouraging decline.

• People need to understand that instant sell is never going to return. The only possible option is if FI offer some sort of voucher scheme soon that money remains in the platform in some form.

Order books have always been FIs intention. Whether they have introduced it at the right time can be debated all day long but for me they have implemented now to secure their future.

In the current climate FI couldn't survive if everyone just instant sold to get out of the platform.

I know people say covid isn't the reason for this massive drop but its a catalyst that has pushed FI to remove instant sell earlier than they otherwise would have liked.

Of course they want happy customer but first and foremost they need to secure any income and without instant sell they eventually gain 100% of any money rather than just commission thus making themselves far more secure as a business.

• @Mere-Mortal It's up to traders to make sure that they don't make low bids and forget about them.

• IS isn’t coming back. It was effectively a can’t lose bet, a promotional offer. Order books is the future. That is what will take it to the big time and attract the big institutions.

• This post is deleted!

• @Terrier @Mere-Mortal I wish they would bring it back at a 50% reduction from lowest offer just to keep loads of you moaning and crying wouldn't make no difference but would keep the forum a lot emptier!

• @Honeylight said in U Turn:

@Mere-Mortal It's up to traders to make sure that they don't make low bids and forget about them.

That wasn't the main point. I was saying that some people who react quickly may be able to get out, but anyone with Messi shares left will have them worth 0.

It's 100% certain that people will still have those shares, because there's no way for them to be removed from the market.

• @CLACKETT said in U Turn:

@Terrier @Mere-Mortal I wish they would bring it back at a 50% reduction from lowest offer just to keep loads of you moaning and crying wouldn't make no difference but would keep the forum a lot emptier!

Nothing to do with moaning or crying. The system doesn't work over the long term and it has to change.

Instant sell doesn't need to be as it was before, it could be that they will buy back shares under £0.25 or whatever. Shares need a way to be removed from the system though. Not only for our sakes, but FI too as it directly affects dividends.

• @Mere-Mortal But traders know Messi's age and know that he will retire one day, so they should be taking that in to account now. If you buy Messi now and want to get 3 years of dividends, you have to assume that he will be worthless when the 3 years are up.

Any player could have a career ending injury or get them self jailed for drink driving and end your investment/bet instantly.

• @Mere-Mortal I agree I always thought that there would be 2 prices of selling. Punters who bid on players in between buy price and sell price so there is a backstop as such.

• @Mere-Mortal You are aware that under the old IS system when a player retired his IS value would be 0p so you couldn't IS him anyway. The are not (and never have) bought back worthless shares from you! You need to time your exit.