Do you play now for CA or PB/MB ?

• What is the sentiment of why you buy players now? Is it for CA or PB/MB? CA for me seems to have gone out the window and am solely looking for those players that will bring in PB and MB, ideally a mix of the 2.

If you are buying for CA, why is that? Are you buying in small quantities out of your div's ?

I feel the best way to go in the current climate is to keep topping up on those consistant performers, and possibly lowering the buy price before things hopefully take off again. Raising the amount of shares owned, and hopefully then the initial investment made will be surpassed by the amount that has been re-invested.

Interested in peoples thoughts on this

• @Lillychar1216 keepers for ipd
    PB for premium
    Ipd/ca for cheap punts

• @Ddr With those cheap punt's are you putting some of your div's into those, or have you invested from your own money?

• @Lillychar1216 only divs or recycled money atm although in the main I'm trying to top up on 3 premiums whilst their prices are so low

• @Ddr Yeh same mate, have a few premiums i'm trying to top up on. A couple of keeper's to am re-investing in aswell

• @Lillychar1216 currently have 350 messi, 125 neymar, 100 bruno and cockroach. Plan is to get all 4 of them up to 300 whilst prices are low so I'm quite content with the poor sentiment atm tbh

• @Ddr Got Messi, Bruno and Cockroach! although not quite in your quantities. Also wanna top up on Rashford and Kane. Gollini, Neuer and Mendy keepers i'm mostly trying to top up on, Bruno getting topped tonight has put a spanner in the works for tomorrow's top up!

• Think at the moment the way to go about it is go for those PB big hitters! As I see it with these dividend payouts you'll be able to return what you've put in at around the two year mark.

There are also players that will shoot up if positive sentiment returns to FI. Several young players are extremely underpriced; Greenwood, Havertz and Cherki are just examples - I only hold 1 so not really a pump, just examples.

• @xXMr_FishXx said in Do you play now for CA or PB/MB ?:

Think at the moment the way to go about it is go for those PB big hitters! As I see it with these dividend payouts you'll be able to return what you've put in at around the two year mark.

There are also players that will shoot up if positive sentiment returns to FI. Several young players are extremely underpriced; Greenwood, Havertz and Cherki are just examples - I only hold 1 so not really a pump, just examples.

Yes completey agree with your sentiment that you can recoup your investment in 2 years with the big hitters, then re-investing those will reward even better. Those younger players you talk about are fair enough, let's hope there is a positive feeling soon

• @xXMr_FishXx not sure I agree that those youth are under priced however youth is extremely difficult to work out value on due to the lack of historical div data so you may be right long term but short term I'm tending to stay away from youth too much, 1 I am currently looking at is curtis jones though, already won PB and seems to have a good base score

• I just go for pb players now, I have shares in almada bought under the old system, which is a CA and PB hope as I believe he will go to a big European club and become won of the best in the world. Not worth to sell at the price I bought for. My portfolio now I heavily rely on big hitters. Messi Neymar Bruno kimmich Kane etc.

• @Lillychar1216 to be honest, I play for whichever I think will make me the most money in the safest way. Sometimes that will mean going for current/proven dividend winners but plenty of opportunities for CA too. Nice to have a mix though, as having long term holds bringing in no dividends is pretty boring as unless you keep depositing, you'll have nothing to trade with once that cash balance runs out.

Also, the type of CA isn't necessarily the same as before. I have bought some Van Dijk, as I think his price will go up as his return nears. However, even if I'm wrong, I'd expect some MB near his return and he's not the worst PB hold either. However, I'd be less likely to take a punt on the next Ukrainian superstar in the hope of a transfer to a PB league.

• Early doors i 'always' played for CA but by holding the 'best' players in the index it came hand in hand with dividends... it still does.... Although a little harder now to expect the sort of returns we were used to...

I would say now a better strategy is long term dividends as playing the short game will get your fingers burned.... If i were re-investing I would see a lot of value in the £1 market which is perhaps less risky than going for high dividend returners like Messi, Lewandowski, Ronaldo... Because of their age especially..,.

But the biggest obstacle is still whether FI is reputable enough to put your money into? i don't actually see enough money going into the platform, too confusing these days..., is it a football stock market? a fantasy football product? or a bet? all three? or none of them??? i struggle to see what it is these days.

• @Lillychar1216
    Used to play way more for CA than divs in the past, joined 3yrs ago. But divs always come if you got the usual suspects anyway. Unfortunately most of that CA is now wiped out.
    So now almost entirely for PB.
    Hopefully CA occurs with patience and over time (looks like months or a year or two at this rate because it's constantly dropping).
    At the moment best bet is to load onto more/most of the regular PB men, divs are really good on gold and silver days and some guys like Messi, Ney, Kroos, Robbo, Bruno look like dead certs for TOTM most months. And keep a few for CA, maybe reassess who you want in the new year let's see what FI come up with for long term stability plans etc.
    Good luck and merry xmas and hopefully and happy 2021 on FI to all! 🙏