Understanding Market Crashes !!!

• What's happening presently with FI is all part of a functioning bear market.

Go back over the S&P 500 for the last 100 years and you will see plenty of bear markets with 50-80% drops.

There is nothing strange about the current FI market as if the market didn't go down it would just be a Ponzi scheme.

Cryptocurrencies are just beginning to come out of their recent bear market and will increase again to a new all-time high until the next bear market forms.

Markets go up and down so people need to learn how to trade them correctly and understand it is virtually impossible to consistently pick the bottom and top so a savvy investor would never even try.

If you held in this long with your FI losses, stop selling now and start to average down. For those who have trust in this platform, you will be rewarded again on the way up but keep an eye on your player's next high resistance level to see if they breakthrough or if the price meets resistance.

All markets act in the same way so don't be worrying about micromanaging your portfolio and look at it in its entirety and once proper money management is in place you will do very well over the long term (Years not Weeks or Months)

Happy Christmas to everyone and a toast to a great 2021 for us all ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• @Karl very good post mate

• @Karl This is completely different to a normal market crash. The mechanics of the normal stock market don't change.

This crash has been caused by Football index fundamentally changing everybody's bets, and the mechanism s of the market, by doing so they have devalued everybody's holdings and every share on the platform. that value is still heading downwards as everybody decides the direction the platform has taken is not for them.

It's completely incorrect to compare this with a crash in a normal market

• Problem is your point of reference are established markets that have been trading for many many years, have solid and sustainable fundamentals behind it and have recognisable patterns within itself which investors/traders use to their advantage. Remember also that in traditional markets you can make money in both directions so a bear market is not a negative thing per say.

FI is barely a market, it is an embryonic idea of a market which is nowhere near its final concept and you're putting your money on the line to see that out.

• @o_O fuck me Mr know it all pipes up again

• @o_O cheers for the downvotes as well, much appreciated and very grown up of you

• Sadly this isn't a normal market so gamblers will be trading what is in front of them and with all the changes that have happened this isn't really a crash. Its a correction to the new riskier rules and I don't believe the correction has stopped yet, lots of players still very overpriced.

• All markets have highs and lows and are caused by the circumstances at the time, the quicker than anticipated removal of IS was caused by the panic that set in due to Covid-19. No market in the world will underwrite losses on investments as far as I'm aware. On the subject of bottoming out, going by my own port, is that its been bobbing up and down a very small percentage for almost a week now....I suspect we are almost there ?

• @o_O I get the impression you are taking all this really hard. I get it, its going from bad to worse on here right now.

I'm not trying to patronise you, I've said the same to others I think are in the same position but every one of your posts seems angry and frustrated.

Why not opt out for a bit? Nothing is likely to change the next month. We all want things to get better. Maybe you just want your money out but why not just log off, enjoy Christmas as best you can and come back with a fresh outlook in January. You never know maybe your port will have improved, Maybe not. It doesn't appear to be doing you any good right now though so looking at q decreasing portfolio and posting angry messages is likely to make you feel worse.

Like I said, not trying to patronise, just trying to look out for a fellow trader ๐Ÿ‘

• @Stevo said in Understanding Market Crashes !!!:

@o_O I get the impression you are taking all this really hard. I get it, its going from bad to worse on here right now.

I'm not trying to patronise you, I've said the same to others I think are in the same position but every one of your posts seems angry and frustrated.

Why not opt out for a bit? Nothing is likely to change the next month. We all want things to get better. Maybe you just want your money out but why not just log off, enjoy Christmas as best you can and come back with a fresh outlook in January. You never know maybe your port will have improved, Maybe not. It doesn't appear to be doing you any good right now though so looking at q decreasing portfolio and posting angry messages is likely to make you feel worse.

Like I said, not trying to patronise, just trying to look out for a fellow trader ๐Ÿ‘

I'm joining in the discussions, like everybody else. Obviously you would prefer them to be a one-sided circle jerk?

• @o_O I completely disagree with you and if you think you are correct which your not, I strongly suggest you seek legal advice to have your monies returned. Once you do this you will quickly find out you are wrong and hopefully pass on this information to all the others who are thinking the same.

The platform is all about us trading against each other in a functioning market with FI merely acting as an agent (Which they always told us they wanted). Once people understand that they will be able to start fixing their portfolios and lose their fear and anger

• @Karl said in Understanding Market Crashes !!!:

@o_O I completely disagree with you and if you think you are correct which your not, I strongly suggest you seek legal advice to have your monies returned. Once you do this you will quickly find out you are wrong and hopefully pass on this information to all the others who are thinking the same.

The platform is all about us trading against each other in a functioning market with FI merely acting as an agent (Which they always told us they wanted). Once people understand that they will be able to start fixing their portfolios and lose their fear and anger

It's not really relevant if you agree with me or not, it's a fact pal.

The market mechanisms were changed in September, and since that time the market value has dropped by 50%.

• @o_O Like I said, you clearly aren't enjoying your time here, its just an observation giving a bit of friendly advice.

You don't have to take it if you like being miserable. Good luck and have a good Christmas๐ŸŽ„ ๐Ÿ‘

• @Random-Walker Perhaps you would be better coming back in 10 years when the market is more mature.

You either play the market in front of you or go do something else.

Pretty Simple Mate

• @o_O There are so many of us, who have been trying to drill into this community that this is not just a standard market operating in standard ways. There's a real disconnect between those who genuinely understand market mechanisms, trends and so on, and those who have read a single post on here, or twitter and feel they can relate that to FI.

I think everything you, and I and hundreds of others have been trying to simplify, for others to understand -not to convince, to understand- to give an alternative point of view, but our explanations are falling on deaf ears.

It would not matter if we brought concrete evidence, as we have, to say that FI is different because x,y and z, the minds of this community will forever blame the likes of COVID, and "traditional market evolution", and "over-paying for players that cannot return the investment", and so on, and never truely understand the magnitude of what a massive fuck-up FI have managed to accomplish in 2020.

Transitioning, for the sake of transitioning, without education, without contingency plans, without giving their "traders" mechanics to trade.

Although I appreciate the post @Karl has put together, as well as the one he did before this, explaining the timeline or transitioning, it cannot be put out there as an excuse for market crashing, it cannot be excused as a traditional way a market reacts, as this is not a traditional market. It's a hybrid betting scheme, with no benchmark to compare itself to, as it has never been done before, and this has warranted thoughtlessness, which is apparently excusable because it co-insides with the external global catastrophe that is COVID, and looks somewhat similar to a developing market.

• @Stevo said in Understanding Market Crashes !!!:

@o_O Like I said, you clearly aren't enjoying your time here, its just an observation giving a bit of friendly advice.

You don't have to take it if you like being miserable. Good luck and have a good Christmas๐ŸŽ„ ๐Ÿ‘

I'm not miserable. I'm just looking at the index from a realistic viewpoint.

• @o_O Ring a solicitor now and ask them.

If you win your case I will pay your legal costs up to two grand

• @Karl In 10 years which is a awfully long time there will be a trillion other apps doing the same FI is doing, and I suspect doing it way way better

• @Karl said in Understanding Market Crashes !!!:

@o_O Ring a solicitor now and ask them.

If you win your case I will pay your legal costs up to two grand

Keep it, sounds like you'll need it.