Who Is The Last Player You Purchased & When?

• Ok simple question... to get a general idea of 'quality' and 'quantity' I thought I would ask who is actually active right now....

who was the last player you purchased and how many shares did you buy in them?

I want to know just how 'dead' the market is... or are people still buying bulk with fresh cash... or like me are you just topping up here and there through dividend wins?

My last acquisition was 20 Szoboszlai last Thursday simply because I had £40 in my pot... Before that was 60 Todd Cantwell at the start of the month..... anyone else better that with more than £80 in dividends re-submerged into the market???? Anyone actually paid their own cash IN this month????

• @dannypea Put just over 1k at the start of the month. Managed to top up 75 Bruno to get him to 100, topped up 35 Messi and 50 Ronaldo respectively, bought 50 Kimmich, 100 Havertz, 100 Thiago and a variety of goalkeepers who I think will make their cost back in IPDs before the end of the season.

Since the start of the month, including the additional investment with my investment prior to this, I've made back 5% in dividends alone. This has probably counteracted the drop in port value lol.

Call me crazy for putting so much in at an uncertain time. I honestly think that my div intake will eventually outweigh the drop in port value and when this happens a steady profit will be made. According to 'All Time Position' I'm at -10% having joined at the start of July (not ideal timing).

• @dannypea 150 smalling at 16p, 50 illicic at 50p, refreshed 250 delort at 42p and 100 laborde at 39p all yesterday, 30 RDP at 1.30 the day before, 30 Bruno at 5.50 the day before that... All with div's.

• Just generally topping up with divs won. It's worth noting that for the majority of these players, I was the only person bidding, which is insane, and troubling to see.

669c32bd-e5d5-4780-b180-21ec8fd4b7ac-image.png

• McCarthy and Jordi alba 100 of each today

• @UncleBeard said in Who Is The Last Player You Purchased & When?:

Just generally topping up with divs won. It's worth noting that for the majority of these players, I was the only person bidding, which is insane, and troubling to see.

669c32bd-e5d5-4780-b180-21ec8fd4b7ac-image.png

Today was the first time over 50% of the market has no bids.

• @o_O Yeah, I can absolutely believe that buddy. Place is a shitshow at the moment, fingers crossed for ... a christmas miracle!

• @UncleBeard

Don't know about a miracle but given what's goin g on on the stock markets right now, we might find a few new punters. Probably not though...

• @Dan-The-Man yeah, that's true. What a time to join if you have capital and balls of steel.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Who Is The Last Player You Purchased & When?:

@UncleBeard

Don't know about a miracle but given what's goin g on on the stock markets right now, we might find a few new punters. Probably not though...

Great time to buy into stocks. I've sold everything i can get a decent price for on here and put into my S&S ISA.

• @o_O

Good luck.

I think with COVID and the turmoil of Brexit, there's certainly a pretty penny to be earned on the markets if you back the right stuff but it's the height of risk too given that big companies are going tits up.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Who Is The Last Player You Purchased & When?:

@o_O

Good luck.

I think with COVID and the turmoil of Brexit, there's certainly a pretty penny to be earned on the markets if you back the right stuff but it's the height of risk too given that big companies are going tits up.

I only use a managed fund.

Literally can't be any worse managed than FI.

• @o_O

Truth!

I wonder if FI will ever get to the point where we have fund managers. I know it's against the terms right now but I guess if they want to attract seriously big money players, they might need that kind of thing.

• @dannypea a bad buy of Sven Bender before i realised he was retiring and is now injured . hopefully gets back his price of 13p in the half season left. small buy thankfully. gianmarco ferrari at 15p. kramaric at 66p. soler at 46p and pavlenko at 25p.

• I purchased 56 dzeko with divs the day before yesterday so his goal was nice considering his price dropped by 6p after the game!🙄
    I still love the product and will continue to invest/compound! Roll on next year!!

• @dannypea just purchased 100 Robbo and 100 Davies and last night 100 Kroos

• Loads of refreshing but newest purchase has been buying Kimmich with small gains from refreshs and divs.......

Up to 108 now, so cant complain. Well I could but there is no point!!!

• After losing trust from 'Brown Sunday' I actually thought thanks to one of their recent promotions that I would test the water at buying a few shares based on the new strategy of players who will earn dividends rather than long term holds (which we all know has been a strategy they have killed on here)

So on 4th December I bought x2 Bruno Fernandes at £7.40 each, those 2 shares alone have earned 50p in dividends already but his buy now value (never mind sell value) has dropped to £6.08. Annoying but I can at least understand some logic in that as they were knocked out of Champions League since then.

However I also bought x4 in Ciro Immobile as this was one where I tried to back my football knowledge (which is what Football Index advertises itself on after all)
    So on 4th December bought those 4 shares at £1.47 each knowing he had 5 league games and a Champions League game inside one month to earn in play dividends. Despite scoring in the Champions League game, as well as 3 goals and an assist in the 4 League games played so far (5th is tonight) earning 40p in dividends. He is now 79p to buy now never mind the sell price.

How is anyone supposed to make any money like this?
    There is no fun at all in seeing players value continually drop no matter how well they do on the pitch.

I have absolute zero confidence in the Index. I will not put any more money in, and only holding onto my shares to collect whatever dividends I can before their 3 year hold runs out

• Rashford yesterday - bought 50 with dividends. Stuck an offer in 50p higher and sold today due to the uplift.

Weighing up whether to wait and see if there's another dip before buying again.