Today might be the day.

• I have had a gut feeling, based on nothing but my own stupidity, that today might be the day we get some movement back in the right direction.
    Since they brought back IPO's there has been a lot of brown stuff thrown at FI, rightly or wrongly, but there has been a sense of dread about Reyna coming up.
    Now that plaster has been ripped off, it might just stimulate the market a little as those who have been waiting for him reinvest and those that have been sitting on their balance fearing the worst might dip their toe back into the water.
    Then again I might just be spouting nonsense and see another 5% wiped off my port... But you've got to dream.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit and today might also be the day that trump understands the concept of democracy

• I think we got a little Messi dividend bump for certain players today but I'm not sure there is a good enough reason for increases at the moment. Friday brings an extra game for certain prime Bundesliga assets into play for IPDs but I personally think upward movement will come at the end of the month or most likely at the start of January.

Ultimately though, who the fuck knows? This market isn't rational and confidence is at an all time low. I've paid prices for players that I thought would have been impossible even a few weeks ago.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit

Manchester United play football on the 1st of January... then not another PB match until the 17th of January.

That's a long time without a game., with the Premier League shutting from the 4th-12th (only 1 game on the 4th).

I wouldn't be surprised if people don't want to hold through that time period.

• @Dan-The-Man The way it's going there is obviously more chance that you are right than I am. Just hoping there is a small chance. Xmas presents are all paid for, no festive nights out upcoming for anyone. Lack of matches doesn't help, but it does mean lots of transfer speculation and that means Messi and Sancho cleaning up the media wins everyday.
    Even just a day or two of levelling off is considered a victory at the moment and might see a swing in fortunes.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit

Yeah sorry mate, I didn't mean to piss on your strawberries with that, a turn around would be lovely but I'd imagine there's a fair few who have already made moves based on the upcoming period and those with cash set to one side might be keeping their powder dry as the beginning of January could be quite the shit show.

Mid January I suspect we'll see an uplift and the Champions League follows in early Feb.

There probably will be some uplift in time for the weekend fixtures mind, so it's probs not all bad but short lived I reckon.

• Port has actually gone up in the last couple of hours!!!
    Top end seems to be rising... but no reason for it?

• @Abaalan said in Today might be the day.:

Port has actually gone up in the last couple of hours!!!
    Top end seems to be rising... but no reason for it?

Given recent events I would guess to lull us all into a false sense of security before ruining our Christmas...lol but here's hoping.

Onwards and upwards must surely be the way soon and as a relative newb here I can only imagine how some of the long timers feel regarding what has happened to their ports over the past few months.

Massive respects and a Merry Christmas to all of you on here :)

• My port is 6% up in the last hour

• It could be a coincidence but someone on twitter asked someone to market buy 300 Sanchos, then he'd snap up the next 300 to show how quickly prices could change.

That moved the price up 42p and think the rest might have just been a reaction to Sancho getting a big increase. If that's the case it shows how fickle the market is and how little it takes to move it up and down.

Thread is here.

https://twitter.com/xamaximus/status/1341727871061139458?s=20

• @Dan-The-Man said in Today might be the day.:

@Bamford-s-Armpit

Manchester United play football on the 1st of January... then not another PB match until the 17th of January.

That's a long time without a game., with the Premier League shutting from the 4th-12th (only 1 game on the 4th).

I wouldn't be surprised if people don't want to hold through that time period.

..Does ‘MB’ no longer mean anything anymore? United are now contenders to the premiership crown. It is also the most unexpected return to grace that United have had in years. The media’s most talk about club in the UK. Expect lots of Bruno Fernandes and Rashford media, regardless if they are playing or not. 👍🏼

• @Sol the media in that period of no football will more likely revolve around transfer rumours, so if it does involve united then itll be likely more about pogba leaving and who else they might sign......that said, I think itll be more messi based than anything else

• My guess is that there is a promotion (maybe deposit bonus) coming and it has been leaked as values are going up by the second :)

• @Ddr true also. Messi is the biggest news headline for the next 6 months. Media know they will sell more stories on the goat 🐐 than ‘will he/won’t he’ Pogba or Sancho.

• Kind of shocked ...

Recently bought futures in Kimmich, Rashford and Mbappe with dividends and sold them all at a profit. That's thrown me a bit. Not much of a profit after commission but still feels a bit wrong.

• Might prove to be short-lived, and it might be for reasons completely different to what i suggested, but i'm feeling a bit smug now :)
    If only i wasn't stuck in half of the West Ham squad i couldn't get rid of, I might have made afew quid.

• Things will improve in 2021, but some peaks and troughs along the way are to be expected.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit
    On twitter, there was talk of a xmas unlist. Doesn't look to be widespread but could be behind it. Its not just unlisting though as I have made sales. But could have been people buying after seeing prices rise due to unlisting. Prices are so fragile both ways.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit the tweet by @TheFantasyGaffa has had a large effect in my whatsapp group with his tweet today and its been retweeted quite a few times. lets hope it has some lasting effects
    https://twitter.com/TheFantasyGaffa/status/1341711808252534787?s=20