Long term

• So who's in this for the next few years no matter what?

Ive never got into this forum or twitter, just listen to fig podcast and do my own research etc.

Ive got 17k invested into this since Oct 19, been smashed to pieces, prob more than alot of you who got in earlier.

But I'm in this no matter what now and we need to turn the negativity into positivity otherwise new customers will not confidently part with their money.

Not all down to everyone on here and twitter but F.I do need to make this bet look worth it as at the minute people must look and think what's the point? Literally buttons in dividends if there is no security behind your original bet, so this needs sorting 1st and foremost before marketing I'd think? Get the platforms positive again, then market and it will boom again.

I remember in the summer through covid all the dividends pumped the platform to crazy highs, now they have hit the back door and left us to scrap it out? It does seem quiet unethical, and it was not explained very well what was going to happen, but we must carry on pushing the train if we want some profit out of this. But please please F. I get some liquidity sorted!?

That's my theory hopefully we can flush this negativity away in the new year and get this train running.

My theory is if we all stick to our prices it's gotta rise the more users come, can't be much of the gambling type people left in now, other than day traders.

All the best everyone.

• Sticking with you fella, will be here for at least 2 years I think. As I've said on the forum before, I don't really look at portfolio value because within those 2 years my dividend intake will have made more than my initial investment ☺️

• @xXMr_FishXx I've got abit of shite that I bought through transfer speculation, prob be lucky to get half of my money back.

The rest I'm relying on compound interest to bring it back to profit over the next few years z plus the odd buy now and then whilst it's down but I've only put 600 in excluding dividends since the September crash. Can't bring my self to part with any more money the way it's running at the moment

• @NewUser462188 Yeah completely fair enough, shouldn't go into your own pocket if you don't have to!

Is it players from the top end or the bottom end that you hold if you don't mind me asking?

• I am staying for sure. Am hoping to be able to make more funds available soon to invest, and hope that will be before we see a significant rise in prices.

In 12-18 months time we will fondly remember the prices available now and will have hopefully reaped the benefits for staying. There will be those that will be kicking themselves for not taking advantage too.

Stay positive, re-invest div's and the good times will roll again

• @xXMr_FishXx I never used to go in top end when I started I was too cautious on the prices, I've invested in stocks previously so always had the "buy low sell high" mentality.

As times gone on I've figured out div winners are the ones to make money on this, esp at the moment.

Ive got a few young top endish then mainly prospects or poss transfers and mid range players, 20 in total.

• @NewUser462188 I think you should be alright then. These type of platforms usually go in cycles, when I first joined it was more Cap App and now it's more div winners....If there becomes more of a username and FI fix the problems I can see the youngsters sky rocketing again, despite the potential for lack of earnings from them.

• @xXMr_FishXx only 600 I've spent since the crash was on 200 foden 2 weeks ago.

Ive made about 400 in divs since the crash, all gone into trent and upamecano.

• @NewUser462188 this was always long term for me, I've been here 18 months and still feel the same.

My initial plan with holds has caused a lot of damage but jm slowly recovering

Id always planned on dropping a set amount in here per annum for 3 years, the 4th year will be reinforcing the port and then in year 5/7 look to withdraw net deposits so I'm playing purely with profit which would hopefully be at least equal to my net deposits, if not closer to double. Then look to maintain that level port and slowly drain out pure profit.

In short, theyll need to carry my charred corpse out of this place if it all goes up in flames 🤣

• @NewUser462188 if I was you I'd do your own thing n keep well clear of @The-FIG. Just pumps big holds n premiums even pumping sancho etc must b balls deep/upto his eye balls in shit,
    in sancho.

• Great post 👍

Like yourself I’m in for the long term. Not even considering panicking till at least the World Cup.

I’ve over doubled my investment from the Sunday crash from 5k to 12k

And reinvested all £1800.00 of dividends earned in that time.

He who dares Rodney !

People will always be nuts for football ( which even survived a world war ) and people will always gamble.

Better times will come and these prices I truly believe will be unlikely to ever see prices like these again.

• @NewUser462188 said in Long term:

The rest I'm relying on compound interest

This line is absolute key. I presume you mean compound dividends for interest? Of course you did.

The advice I picked up on when I first started was this thing about re investing the dividends sensibly. This gets easier as your port grows. Mine is now 10 months old (still quite young) and around £7500.00 of my money invested. I have earned this in divs:

754658a4-a2b6-4dd6-b349-4eabd2749fa6-image.png

I was helped massively by stocking up on Brown Sunday cheap players, followed by 5 x IPD but even now there are days when I have got £60 + on a weekend in dividends. That free money can be compounded by buying 100 shares in a competent IPD player, especially now!!

Or even topping up your cash cows whilst they are low.

Hang in there, an older port is a lot different to a new one, a vintage port will be even better, I'm in for the long term.

Anyway, you already know this eh?

Merry Christmas

• @NewUser462188 Pretty good return and some class young players you've gone in for. Foden is going to be one of the best in the prem for the future, effectively Man City's first ever world class home-grown talent....and that's coming from a Man U fan.

I'm starting to build for the Euros, divs have really picked up recently which has allowed me to reinvest in players - made £250 since 06/12

• @Kipper72 yes that's the one mate as Einstein said "compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world"

• @xXMr_FishXx My div's this month have been my best ever, helped slightly by refreshing in mid/late November for IPD's and all those div's have been re-invested. Month on month my divs have increased since April, long may that continue!

• @NewUser462188 with you and in it for sure. 3yrs in, and staying.

• @NewUser462188 said in Long term:

So who's in this for the next few years no matter what?

Ive never got into this forum or twitter, just listen to fig podcast and do my own research etc.

Ive got 17k invested into this since Oct 19, been smashed to pieces, prob more than alot of you who got in earlier.

But I'm in this no matter what now and we need to turn the negativity into positivity otherwise new customers will not confidently part with their money.

Not all down to everyone on here and twitter but F.I do need to make this bet look worth it as at the minute people must look and think what's the point? Literally buttons in dividends if there is no security behind your original bet, so this needs sorting 1st and foremost before marketing I'd think? Get the platforms positive again, then market and it will boom again.

I remember in the summer through covid all the dividends pumped the platform to crazy highs, now they have hit the back door and left us to scrap it out? It does seem quiet unethical, and it was not explained very well what was going to happen, but we must carry on pushing the train if we want some profit out of this. But please please F. I get some liquidity sorted!?

That's my theory hopefully we can flush this negativity away in the new year and get this train running.

My theory is if we all stick to our prices it's gotta rise the more users come, can't be much of the gambling type people left in now, other than day traders.

All the best everyone.

I'm so sorry dude I had 8.-9k port that night it crashes . Well some sharks crashed it or index crashed I took 6.5k for my 9k and so glad I did. The f I explanation after many calls was silent. Staff even agreed we dont know they said. Something bigger happened and since then drop after drop. They should of gave customers with big losses incentives to play again. Instead they tarnished there name. Also the the system no one likes we all like the 2019 system the one we signed up to . We signed up to an app they changed the goal posts. Now have to shut shop at 11 to stop big crashes embarressing. Get back to original format b4 every player unless top draw work 20p embarressing

• @NewUser462188 sorry why should new customers confidently part with their money !?! football index havent exactly shone glory on themselves this year and i wouldnt recommned this bunch of cowboys to my worst enemy

i would say with 17K in this you are massively over exposed and need to start thnking about de-rsiking as soon as you can people dont seem to understand that you are not in control of your money football index is

they can do whatever they want whenever they want they made sure of that when you agreed to the new T&C's post order book implementation if they want to reduce that div table next year ( and i think theres a high probablity they will tamper with it ) you will need to smile and nod

• @thelossadjustor that's exactly my point of you re read it properly, but for the world to move forward everyone and everything eventually needs to adapt to new things in life, currently this is one of them, obviously for you too or else you wouldn't be on this forum would you.

• @thelossadjustor which players cost you a lot of money?