The Messi drop

• Following his announcement that he might go to America, his price is free falling. Hold or get out?

• Free falling? he’s dropped about 20p! Hardly anything.

Don’t see it happening myself, but you never know.

There’s going to be loads of stories over the next 6 months linking him to every club here, there and everywhere.

• He will finish his career over there rather than man city or Barcelona 100%

• @CLACKETT

Yeah, I can see him finishing over there when he’s 36+, but where does he go next?

In the same article he says he wants to win more league titles and Champions Leagues.

I suspect he may choose PSG rather than City this Summer.

• Pep has signed a two-year deal i think hes on his way to city for 2 -3 years & will finish his career in the MLS

• He isn’t leaving for there anytime soon. It’s a retirement home, so he will go there in minimum 3 years from now. It then begs the question why he is being sold now? He probably earns his price in dividends twice over in that period. ( subject to dividend increases.)

• @ocs123 I can see him going sooner than that. If he wanted to win trophies like ronaldo in different leagues to prove hes the best it's a bit to late but I personally think he knows he can do it la liga and not sure about the other leagues. Look at werner this season for eg unreal in Bundesliga. So many good players come to the prem and get found out.

• Two Words

TOP. UP

• I saw the thread title and figured I must've missed an fi announcement where they're offering 10 messi for 10 quid spent

• @CLACKETT said in The Messi drop:

@ocs123 I can see him going sooner than that. If he wanted to win trophies like ronaldo in different leagues to prove hes the best it's a bit to late but I personally think he knows he can do it la liga and not sure about the other leagues. Look at werner this season for eg unreal in Bundesliga. So many good players come to the prem and get found out.

He could quite easily go to PSG or one of the top teams in italy and coast it for a couple of years whilst picking up trophies. A lot of non Messi holders on Twitter posting the quote whist omitting the key word he said in the sentence "Someday" probably to attempt to push the price down so they can get on.

• Great time to top up!

• He won't go yet, too too good to leave for the US still. He'll go spend his final year playing football there, maybe at age 36 or so.
    Right now he badly wants to win another CL
    I think he'll be in Europe for two more seasons after this, still at Barca or maybe PSG/City but can't see him leaving for USA just yet.

• Surprised about the MLS. I thought he would end his career in Argentina.

• Sounds like more of a family move, lifestyle etc in the US his kids an mrs will love it over there

• I can see him doing something similar to what Lampard did, move to Man city for a season or two and then move to New York City as part of the deal.

Regardless, I think the dividends he earns is worth keeping him for another season at least.

• Agree with a lot of the above. At the top of his game so wouldn't go to the US yet. Possibly sign for City for 2-3 years and end up at New York like Lampard. Or go to PSG for Neymar love.

Just one story of many in the coming months. I see more price rises than falls

• i dont know what drugs you lot are smoking but there is no way on this earth a 34 year old lionel messi is going to be able to play 2-3 seasons in the premier league , its too physical , to intense and to demanding

he is used to spending 90 mins wondering around pitch against teams like cadiz , getafe , elche just shit sides that will stand there and watch him work his "magic"

he doesn't have the physicality that Ronaldo or ibra has and imo he is one serious injury away from calling it a day

he could very well end up at somewhere like PSG but do you really want him competing against neymar for DIVS

Risk on this player is absolutely tremendous again another shining example of an irrational and erratic market being unable to value "bets" on this platform

when lionel messi calls it a day there is going to be holy hell

• @thelossadjustor You've never seen him play, have you?

• @Mere-Mortal yea he's been incredibly fortunate to play his career at Barcelona with some of the greatest names in history , sadly he always gets found out when he plays for his country with lesser players and even with barcas decline in recent years

if barca aint winning you can usually find him moping around the pitch in a strop

• @thelossadjustor said in The Messi drop:

if barca aint winning you can usually find him moping around the pitch in a strop

Lol, there's only one person moping around in a strop around here!!!