Just a simple question

• Are you happy with your portfolio now?

I'm asking mainly to who was here before the collapse... have you managed to take advantage of the low prices?

I wasn't here, so I'm asking to get an idea of "older" investors sentiment, hoping not to be inappropriate

• I would say satisfied for the short term. I've always focused on high PB players and they've been the least affected.

However, my investment in young players hasn't gone well, nor has any gambles on players that were decent but low relative value (at the time). I've sold the majority of the gambles and some of the youth, but I'm still hoping that side of the "game" recovers.

• This post is deleted!

• @Mere-Mortal
    I can only imagine how this situation affected that side of the game ... right now I'm trying to play there, hoping that over time people don't keep investing only in premium holds

• @FCIM1908 Yep, they must find a way to get capital appreciation back.

• I'd say i'm definitely not happy with my portfolio at the moment. I've done lots of trading and made profit over the past 3 months. I'm generally just going all in on 1 player and trying to sell on spikes. Any divs I make I spend on cheap punts. My last buy wasn't the greatest though and I've been stuck with him for a couple of weeks.

The last player I bought at a price I thought couldnt' go any lower, but alas I was wrong haha. He plays tonight so hopefully I can sell before or during the game and move my money into a better choice.

• @Mere-Mortal Looking at what FI have done with Diego Costa today makes me think we're not going to see a lot of capital appreciation.

• @Zizou what are you referring to? I'm missing the point

• @FCIM1908 Huge bid walls stops capital appreciation and brings more shares into the market, diluting the price.
    Capture.PNG

• @Zizou
    but clearly there were not enough shares available prior to FI (assuming it was them) listing 870's at 4 price ranges

I understand what you're saying re preventing CAP but other holders had the option of having him listed at 67-70p beforehand and just waiting for the rise / sell

• @Mere-Mortal High PB players been least effected ? Surely every player has halved. Only the elite have kept their dignity Haha

• @Munchie63 Someone has 24 shares for sale for 72p. For him to sell his shares he has to hope that other people will market buy around 5000 shares off FI before he can sell his shares for 72p. There's clearly demand there and this should be an opportunity for users to sell at whatever price they want to without having to go through a huge wall which FI have put in the way.

Capture.PNG

• Another example where FI let the market crash and traders lose out but the thin walls we were hoping for to enable us to claw some of it back during a period of positive sentiment being prevented by FI thus shafting us twice in the process. So we suffer the sharp drops but FI largely prevent us from benefiting from the recovery

If however he is at peak price then fair enough but if they are doing it and making it harder for prices to recover then its out of order .

I thought they were supposed to be providing us with info on the issuance curve a few months back.........

• This post is deleted!

• Im informed that "Peak" is now defined as any after which the matching engine was introduced, (around 23rd May)
    So in this instance Costas peak prior to today was 67p

• @qwertqwert I disagree. OBs came in nearly 4 months ago and they still haven't released information on the issuance curve. We should be able to set our sell offers to whatever we want. We can sell low but not high? It's a flawed system, keeping prices down and restricting profit.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that users shares would get prioritised over newly issued shares but this is a joke.

• @Zizou said in Just a simple question:

@qwertqwert I disagree. OBs came in nearly 4 months ago and they still haven't released information on the issuance curve. We should be able to set our sell offers to whatever we want. We can sell low but not high? It's a flawed system, keeping prices down and restricting profit.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that users shares would get prioritised over newly issued shares but this is a joke.

Well firstly, you can set your offers to within any price points within the 1.50 above bn price.

Secondly, this is no different to the old system where it took x amount of shares to raise a penny, it's not restricting profit as fi would've minted new shares at this point, same as they are currently doing under the current system

Lastly you're wrong, fi stated from the outset that if traders listed at a point where new shares were minted then the new mjtnted shares would sell first as it's a FIfo sysem

• @Ddr said in Just a simple question:

Secondly, this is no different to the old system where it took x amount of shares to raise a penny, it's not restricting profit as fi would've minted new shares at this point, same as they are currently doing under the current system

It's a completely different system to the old system though. FI can just sit and watch prices fall and do nothing but when prices are rising they can stick in a load of shares to stop the risers and people selling.

What's the point in listing someone for sale at 1.50 above the price when it's going to take 130,000 shares to get to him on the sell queue?

Man Utd could come out tomorrow and make a bid for Diego Costa, instantly putting 40-50p on his value (at least). As a seller you probably wont be able to sell for 1.20 because FI will have sold 40,000+ shares before they get to your value and demand has died down.

The Game Changed. Buy Low / Sell Low (If you're lucky)

• @Zizou no it really isnt any different.

Take your example, under the old system, you still would've needed fi to mint that amount of shares to be able to sell at that price, they're only minting new shares at a net peak price the same as before

The only differences are an increased risk to our bets and a different way of buying and selling

• @Zizou
    would it not just be those 3000 listed that need to sell ?
    Or would FI mint more at 71p once that 870 has sold ? I thought they would then go in at 76P (or next top bid).

I do get what you are saying...I have players from early this year that are a fair but down, so a spike would be a nice chance to sell.