Stop complaining about YOUR bad buys.

• People moaning about being trapped simply just don't know how to play the game. I think the majority of us have players who at the moment we can't get rid of. It's a bet, you lost, get over it. Only for most people you haven't lost.
    Take the first example. Bought Jordan Henderson at 90 odd pence. Boohoo you bought at the wrong time, but two weeks ago he scored, you could have sold him at 60+ pence, and with that money you could now buy him back for 40p. In a few weeks he'll win media or score again, and boom, he'll be back at 60p again. Rinse and repeat.
    I'm stuck on some absolute bums, mainly West Ham players, some of whom may never do anything, but I have 40 odd players in my port (I think that is too many on reflection, because I rushed into buying "bargains"), and prob 25 are green. Of the others, 5 I suspect are doomed to never do anything, because they were simply a bad bet. The other 10 I have hopes I can do what I said with Henderson.
    People need to realise this is gambling, and buying a bum is no different to backing a horse and watching it stay in the stalls, sure be pissed off that you didn't get a run for your money, but the next race is starting and if you're still bitching about the last one, you're gonna miss the value in this one.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit I think your missing the point, people are more pissed with the fact the goalposts moved, they went and bought players who had the chance of transfers/breaking through etc and had the safety net of instant sell which people were happy to do and risk their money, people's current issue is effectively now they will never sell that player as instant sell has been removed, take Anderson talisca who if you were on the forum 12-18 months ago you would see people who gambling he may return, if he didn't you lose around 6-7p per share, reasonable loss for a gamble. Now if he doesn't return people have no chance and lose the lot. Now the index covered their backs in the t and c's but does that make it morally right to not give people a chance to re-jig things before effectively cancelling instant sell due to covid and possible market collapse and then never bringing it back

• The problem is though, is that you are Gambling in the whims and the poor Direction of FIs Management rather that "Your Football knowledge" as per their advert (that incidentally just came on the radio)

• @Bamford-s-Armpit I only hope your clarity of thought improves from here. People are complaining not necessarily about the hold but the way in which the recent changes to the game and rules have created that bad hold. The consequences of the changes to the system were not entirely thought through by FI brain centre which led to months of backtracking and "announcements". If people are still moaning, it means they are still here and perhaps have ridden through at least the big storm - so I applaud their tenacity. Not to mention that if someone wants to vent about their FI portfolio, the FI forum may be the best place to do so. It feels a little tautological moaning about people moaning.

• 10 months since FI backed IS was last available. Time to build a bridge and get over it, otherwise you’ll get left behind.

.... it is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself.

• @ocs123 I am like a lot of people who are bemoaned for moaning staying and willing to help out with the bridge building. Yet there are still more changes to come and I'm holding off my optimism until see exactly where FI want us to build the bridge. If I go on example then it might be off a cliff. But if I go by hope, it is a glittering golden gate. I'm more inclined towards hope.

I am actually more concerned by a view that would suggest there are "intelligent" people, "strong" people and "adaptable" people. It sounds like a speech written for a Mel Gibson movies.

• What a pathetic post.

All some of us want to do is get out without handing what little is left over to FI.

It shouldn't have had to be this way, but it is, and all on FI. That 50% drop in the last 3 months that they like to blame us for, its all on them.

Anywhere else in business, if the market cap had halved in 3 months, the entire management team would be sacked, but here.... No. They've actually profited from all this.

Its all for them now, everything they do is to increase profit.
    Introducing buy commission, and adding more players to the market as its collapsing has shown me everything I need to know about what's important to FI an what their main priority is now.

Most of you seem to be able to trust them enough to keep your money in here, but I certainly do not.

Following on from this string of bad decisions and f@ck ups could just as easily be a div reduction or something equally catastrophic for player prices, they have proved, if nothing else that that are not scared to do things that f*ck everyone over if its good for the business. And they are losing money every day with the current divs.

Shady, shady company with no morals.

I'm just amazed more people are not moaning, and to tell the people that are, to shut up, it just beggars belief for me.

• @o_O this feels a little overly speculative

• @NewUser469373 said in Stop complaining about YOUR bad buys.:

@o_O this feels a little overly speculative

This is a company that sits by and says nothing after what must be hundreds, if not thousands of people have contacted them with suggestions and asking them to step in, and they do nothing... Well less than nothing actually, they actually do things that makes it worse.

Then instead of fixing things, they spend their time going after people on trust pilot tyring to get their reviews removed.

This is not a customer focused business.

They do not care one bit.

In the very rare communications about this, they basically try to patronise the customers and put the price drops firmly on us.
    Then one of their only solutions, was to just change the default port value to average offers to try and trick the less savvy users into thinking the prices had gone back up.

All shameful.

• I understand the goalposts moved, and it's right to be angry about it if you weren't given prior warning of the changes. The fact is though it's a fairly new company, and the majority of new companies go bump if they don't implement changes as and when necessary, which in the case of the Talisca example, is prime reason to change it.
    I joined in 2018 and I was reluctant to get too involved because I could only see the company going bust. If it's so easy to make money and rewards are so much greater than risk, then something is not right.
    Personally, I think it's a much better model now, and more changes can be expected, but I'm much happier investing now. My biggest fear is that it might still go tits up, but that is more due to lack of people investing rather than an unsustainable model.
    My initial point though, is about people moaning about not getting out. As I explained, with the majority of players there is an out. Take what you can get out and reinvest it in players who now fit this gameplay.

People don't realise what an opportunity they have been given. There is only 3,500 active users at the moment, if they get it right and the numbers increase (and they have to, otherwise we're all doomed), we are the ones who are going to profit the most, and massively. The risk reward for investors at this point is massive profit vs company busting. Once they have the numbers it then becomes mostly just a game for fun aimed at Fantasy Football and Champ Manager players. All their advertising says this , "Make a few quid from your football knowledge" or whatever it is. That's how it will be, if you buy a bum you lose all your dough, if you spot a false price, then you'll make a few quid. It's not supposed to be free money for everyone, but essentially if it takes off, this is where we few will be rolling in it.

• @NewUser469373 I've only been on the forum for a few weeks, and the first thing I learned is to ignore anything @o_O says.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit said in Stop complaining about YOUR bad buys.:

@NewUser469373 I've only been on the forum for a few weeks, and the first thing I learned is to ignore anything @o_O says.

I'm like all those other people that got downvoted to oblivion and driven out of the forum months ago predicting all this.

The ones that if people had listened to, they would have saved thousands and thousands of pounds.

Its fun to gang up on me and take this piss isn't it. But one day you might look back and see that maybe you shouldn't ignore the negative side of the argument when you've lost everything.

• @o_O If I lose everything, then I'm not going to piss and moan because it's a bet, they lose regularly. And if you predicted the crashes why did you not get out before it started.

• @Bamford-s-Armpit I understand your sentiment, but your approach has come across in a bit of a confrontational manner which is probably why you've had a bit of stick and the down votes.

In essence though, I do understand what you are saying. We cannot always control what happens, but we can control our reaction to these events. Order books were a known development over a year ago and IS went about 9 months ago. Yes that harmed portfolio values (I suspect mine was hit harder than most, with only about 5% of my players being current dividend winners and a huge proportion of speculative youth and/or transfer holds).

However, as much as FI's change in direction harmed me, I chose to sit tight and wait for the upturn again. In that time, I did very little trading. In hindsight, I wish I had just taken a few hits and rejigged my portfolio, but I felt the market had massively over reacted and the dips would lessen. They may well still do given time, but this strategy became quite boring and I missed the trading.

More recently, I have therefore started selling holds on a spike, albeit at prices way below what I believe they are worth, but then buying back in cheaper after the spike has peaked, so essentially trading within the spreads, with the spike simply helping me identify which players are showing liquidity at that time. I'm only making small gains like this, but profit is profit and it's refreshing for IPDs too.

Others reacted much quicker and have been doing this kind of thing for months.

Ultimately this is a Forum and people can post what they want, within reason. However, if you want to make money, you are probably best playing the game in front of you, not feeling bitter about the past. If you want out, you're probably better off selling where and when you can, rather than trying to damage sentiment which will make it harder for you to achieve your goals. There will be a few, I'm sure, who just want to damage the platform. To those I would say, please show a bit of compassion. People here have real money at stake and trying to damage FI is harming each one of them too, not just the couple you are arguing with.

Regardless of which camp people are in, post what you like, but there is probably little to be achieved by having the same argument over and over here.

@o_O If I lose everything, then I'm not going to piss and moan because it's a bet, they lose regularly. And if you predicted the crashes why did you not get out before it started.

I didn't. I wasn't on the forum back then, but If i had been, then they might have helped give some perspective.

• @ocs123 said in Stop complaining about YOUR bad buys.:

10 months since FI backed IS was last available. Time to build a bridge and get over it, otherwise you’ll get left behind.

.... it is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself.

Totally agree but you do need to have an offer on your player to sell. My point is if you took a gamble on a Dutch player like me - Albert Gudmundsson in my case, then unless he moves he won't rise, under the old rules, in which alot of longer term players who bought their shares are suffering because gudmundsson would rise dramatically of a link to say Everton or whoever, now that needs to come to fruition. I'm not saying the old way was correct but it was the parameters we were gambling in

• @Mintyfresh Exactly what I'm referring to Minty. You're playing the game that is in front of you now.
    I'm not too fussed about down votes to be honest, but it wasn't meant to be too confrontational. Just a request to have a bit of foresight and see where we are going and the opportunities ahead. It's the constant negativity that will stop new players from wanting to get involved in what is now a much better product than we had previously.
    We've crashed our Ford Mondeo, but there is a beat up old courtesy car on the drive waiting to take us to pick up a brand new bentley. Just get in it the bleeding thing!

• @o_O It's not ganging up on you. Like you like to say all the time, you are trying to show your side of the argument (which really is you just spouting your bitterness because you feel you've lost out) and others are counteracting you with their opinion which you dont like because its positive and not just trying to be negative or sympathetic to your position.

Little of what you say or claim has fact behind it, it is your opinion, which based on the forum posts lots of people disagree with, hence counteracting your posts.

The people that got driven out of the forum were not those being downvoted or predicting crashes. They were sensible, good contributors to this forum who left due to idiots similar to yourself, ruining the forum and most threads with their drivel.

I understand the goalposts moved, and it's right to be angry about it if you weren't given prior warning of the changes. The fact is though it's a fairly new company, and the majority of new companies go bump if they don't implement changes as and when necessary, which in the case of the Talisca example, is prime reason to change it.
    I joined in 2018 and I was reluctant to get too involved because I could only see the company going bust. If it's so easy to make money and rewards are so much greater than risk, then something is not right.
    Personally, I think it's a much better model now, and more changes can be expected, but I'm much happier investing now. My biggest fear is that it might still go tits up, but that is more due to lack of people investing rather than an unsustainable model.
    My initial point though, is about people moaning about not getting out. As I explained, with the majority of players there is an out. Take what you can get out and reinvest it in players who now fit this gameplay.

People don't realise what an opportunity they have been given. There is only 3,500 active users at the moment, if they get it right and the numbers increase (and they have to, otherwise we're all doomed), we are the ones who are going to profit the most, and massively. The risk reward for investors at this point is massive profit vs company busting. Once they have the numbers it then becomes mostly just a game for fun aimed at Fantasy Football and Champ Manager players. All their advertising says this , "Make a few quid from your football knowledge" or whatever it is. That's how it will be, if you buy a bum you lose all your dough, if you spot a false price, then you'll make a few quid. It's not supposed to be free money for everyone, but essentially if it takes off, this is where we few will be rolling in it.

People would still lose on the talisca example, the index were still doing well. The point your missing is people were fucked off the goalposts were moved so quickly without being allowed to adapt

• @MUFC I completely disagree on this. It should need to come to fruition. That is the gamble. I have taken this gamble on Victor Moses. I know that I've got 6 months of staring at a dud, and he might never come back to a big league. If he doesn't I'll lose out.
    What you're essentially asking for is to take the gamble but if it loses then still getting most of your money back. It's not a sustainable model. A gamble has to be a gamble.