Portfolio - Strategy

• Hi All,
    So we are back to the Monday dip again after green shoots for the last few days...
    What's everyone else doing strategy wise.. Is this issue just down to lack of liquidity and people jumping off one player and onto the next and thus causing the prices to drop..
    I just don't get that I mean what's the point of IPD's and how much commission are you paying to FI both when selling and buying...
    Interested in peoples thoughts.. I am still playing FI the older way.. Did okay on PB and IPD's, thanks Kimmich..:) over the weekend but portfolio value loss has just taken that away.. But I refuse to sell at these prices...

• It's basically a match betting platform now. You buy before the match, you sell during the match, otherwise whatever divs you win get wiped out as you say.

It's all part of FI's business plan to make more money on commission in the hope that they one day manage to turn a profit.

• Seems even more risk in this from a trader perspective to me... You need to buy a lot of shares in one player who might do nothing in that particular game and then you lose straight off if you sell again with the commission...FI would be rubbing their hands in glee...
    I guess I will keep going and ignore the portolio value for the time being..

• @Yamyam50 strategy wise I’ve consolidated into the big div earners so now I’m looking to invest my divs in any value I can find at the lower end of the market whilst adding small amounts of premium players who haven’t seen a big rise.

I’ve not seen a dip in the market today, in fact my port profit value rose nearly 4%, though I see that the Footie is down slightly.

Sell offs in players are normal after a quick rise following a good (or bad) performance but are usually temporary and should be ignored or taken advantage of for refreshing shares. The player and market trends are what’s important to me.

• @o_O following a match betting strategy seems high risk to me. I prefer to follow the trend. You certainly don’t have to bet in this way.

• @Luke
    Sounds good.. I have the usual big hitters such as Messi, Fernandes, Kimmich, Kroos, Lewandowski etc..
    Then a few players like Lukaku, Moreno, Aspas. Portu which I flip for IPD's.
    Plus a few I held for CA such as Barella, Goreztka ( his price has plummeted recently not sure why as he was back from injury yesterday)
    I do have a wide portfolio of 60 players which does make it risk averse but with the lack of liquidity not seeing much upward movement in a lot of them...
    Gnabry's price has literally dropped through the floor in the last month ( I also hold)
    I guess see how how January goes and rearrange as much as I can..
    Not planning on selling up.. Just have to get used to these 'fluctuations' I guess..

• That’s a solid selection there, you’ll be fine I expect. Don’t be afraid to cull players making a loss with no sight of a recovery and move those funds into div earners is my advice.

• @Yamyam50 said in Portfolio - Strategy:

Seems even more risk in this from a trader perspective to me... You need to buy a lot of shares in one player who might do nothing in that particular game and then you lose straight off if you sell again with the commission...FI would be rubbing their hands in glee...
    I guess I will keep going and ignore the portolio value for the time being..

If you buy on the Monday dip, you can often sell for a profit on match day regardless of performance. If a player scores you can sell on a spike, but if he looks like challenging for PB it might be worth holding. If you buy low and the player performs badly, you still have 30 days and maybe 6 games to get a good performance.

I'm buying a mix of PB holds (Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Messi) and short term flips. The short term flips seem to go in cycles. May be you get lucky with a player for a few weeks and then everyone notices them and narrows the spread and they become less profitable. Then you stumble across someone else.

I'm undecided on my at the moment. Ronaldo (£2.80 ish) is my best hold, but my short term flips are returning more than Messi due to the higher price (£5.00 ish). Ronaldo and Lewandowski are cheap enough to refresh for IPD as commission is only 8p - 10p. Commission on Messi is about 20p and not worth refreshing.

• @o_O said in Portfolio - Strategy:

It's basically a match betting platform now. You buy before the match, you sell during the match, otherwise whatever divs you win get wiped out as you say.

It's all part of FI's business plan to make more money on commission in the hope that they one day manage to turn a profit.

Complete garbage 😏

• @o_O LOSER

• @Doddy said in Portfolio - Strategy:

@o_O LOSER

Its a forum about buying imaginary shares in footballers.

Try not to get so upset that you have to call me names... in capitals no less..