Length of ownership

• Hi, Could someone let me know how to find out how long I have owned my shares? I understand that after 3 years the shares will automatically be sold back to FI for the going price?
    Thanks, Simon

• Its a bit messy but you can download your transaction history
    if you are on the website go into your account by clicking the little man in the top right hand corner - then Transaction summary.

At the bottom you have an option to download your transaction history into excel, you have to do it going back in 3 month periods though.
    They have yet to impose the 3 year deal on anyone, so will have possibly been holding for approaching 5 years (this is down to their lack of tech rendering hem unable to do so.

The noises are that this is something they will likely to implement once the NASDAQ tech is available and they are able to provide traders with timestamps.

The question will be whether they decide to reset the clock at this point of provide traders with reasonable notice on shares that have exceeded or are approaching the 3 year limit.

• what do people understand that "Nasdaq tech" actually is? How will it impact the current order book system?

• @qwertqwert said in Length of ownership:

Its a bit messy but you can download your transaction history
    if you are on the website go into your account by clicking the little man in the top right hand corner - then Transaction summary.

At the bottom you have an option to download your transaction history into excel, you have to do it going back in 3 month periods though.
    They have yet to impose the 3 year deal on anyone, so will have possibly been holding for approaching 5 years (this is down to their lack of tech rendering hem unable to do so.

The noises are that this is something they will likely to implement once the NASDAQ tech is available and they are able to provide traders with timestamps.

The question will be whether they decide to reset the clock at this point of provide traders with reasonable notice on shares that have exceeded or are approaching the 3 year limit.

I was speaking with one of FIs chat support team the other week and asked them this very question. They said my shares purchased in September 2020 were valid until September 2023.. is this false?

• @Stelarsi said in Length of ownership:

@qwertqwert said in Length of ownership:

Its a bit messy but you can download your transaction history

I was speaking with one of FIs chat support team the other week and asked them this very question. They said my shares purchased in September 2020 were valid until September 2023.. is this false?

They would know better than anyone.
    I think the big issue is those who will be sitting on shares 2yrs and 11 months old or longer .when they announce that they are rolling out the 3 year expiry and how they manage those.

• @NewUser398637 said in Length of ownership:

Hi, Could someone let me know how to find out how long I have owned my shares? I understand that after 3 years the shares will automatically be sold back to FI for the going price?
    Thanks, Simon

If they do reach their 3 year point then they wouldnt be sold back to fi, they would expire with no return of stake to you but as has been mentioned, fi have never expired a share to date although I believe this is something that theyll look to implement this year

• @qwertqwert
    Yes any transition will need to be carefully managed and FI track record isn't great in these areas. A wrong policy decision here could cause a shit storm if they aren't careful

• Surely the only fair way to do it would be to give all existing shares a 3 year expiry date when they first introduce time stamping shares functionality.

Traders have shares that are over 3 years old already so what would they do with those otherwise? It would cause absolute carnage if people suddenly realised they only had a month to sell shares etc.

Doing it this way would also give the existing userbase who have stayed loyal through all the crap and not sold up some sort of payback.

However this is football index management, so i predict they will look to screw customers over to the max based on the way they introduced order books.