If You've Held For This Long, Keep Holding On

• As the title says.

I do agree that the saying they want to change the culture from "promising to delivering" by promising changes without even saying what they plan to deliver is a bit hypocritical, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt because I have so far and I believe in the product.

Be optimistic, it's what gambling is all about!

• Confused why would you be optimistic that this change would be for the better. Every change in the last 6 months has had a negative effect on our investments. The track record says not to be optimistic.

• Agreed and good advice.

Personally, I don't think short term as my bet is on FI taking market share over time from the mainstream bookies and progressing to more countries..

Nothing has changed in that regard for me and in a fucked up way it has made my long term bet stronger, even if the current short term issues are a pain in the bollox

• What's most baffling about this coming in now is that they've just started advertising again which had resulted in a bit of confidence being restored, and now they tank the market again. They pissed off the old guard first, and shit on the new wave before they even got a foot in the door.
    Why not signal the end of the season to make the change when there are no games and therefore nobody getting burned again.

• Fantastic news today. Don’t have an issue with IPD’s in a normal market, but in this market, with sometimes 8 games in a month, they’d become to powerful and as a result the market was starting to eat itself. Now CA will start to come back.
    The last 2 weeks is testament to how quickly the market can recover. And now we have real reasons for optimism.

• Cant he just promiose to give us our losses back in weekly installments and then deliver it

• @Valhalla
    Not sure how you work that one out??? Price rises & consequent cap app come from demand>supply & the last 6 months FI decisions have shrunk the market & driven away both traders & their £££, so further destroying trust & confidence, by deliberately breaking the guarantee/promise that IPD's were "here to stay for 20/21 season as part of the family of dividends" helps how exactly??

Any argument for replacing or even removing IPD's should have been implemented at the end of the season, not least because it would have avoided Mike Bohan becoming a serial promise breaker, the same Mike Bohan who promised FI backed IS wouldn't be removed whilst ever the market needed it (June 2019).

Trust & confidence are vital components for ANY successful market & even the most optimistic trader can't defend FI on their track record on these & without them the platform has a very bleak future & cap app is simply a pipedream.

• @Geronimo159387 i agree. In normal times it wouldn’t be great to change mid way. But drastic times call for drastic measures. Answer me one question: would you prefer he left IPD’s alone because he’d said they were “here to stay”? And as a result the market grew weaker and weaker; bled out more and more because IPD’s had turned into a monster that FI couldn’t have foreseen because of crammed fixture scheduling? Or would you prefer he made the decisions that were needed to bring back a thriving market where ppls portfolios were one again again growing and the market was growing from strength to strength? I know what I would prefer. Billions of ppl all over the world were promised things this year, but because of Covid, have had to compromise.
    FI can’t foresee the future. In an ideal world, IPD’s would have been kept. And they had obviously planned to keep them for the season. But this is a far from normal year. Waiting till the end of the season is too long away. Sometimes you need to make big decisions for the greater good. For me, MR Bolan made the right decision today.

• @Valhalla

IPD aren't the problem; crashing prices, sentiment, trust & confidence through mismanagement was/is & further piling mistrust & misery onto already traumatised traders will just make the problem worse & not better. We all want a growing, thriving market & rising prices but this will have the direct opposite effect.

Why should or will any new or existing traders ever trust a word FI or Mike Bohan say ever again? He has deliberately mislead traders & broken a direct promise TWICE, reduce or restrict IPD's as a short term emergency measure if so desperately required & try to rebuild trust & market confidence with a well thought out & communicated replacement if neccessary would clearly be in everyone's interest.

To remove IPD's at 30 days notice without even outlining their replacement is borderline negligent & will result in far more platform damage than cap app.

• Final straw for me! Just sold up everything I could, got a few left with no sell price but I’ll just come back to them in 6 months.

• @Geronimo159387 @Valhalla make valid statements. Let’s hope FI have an ace up their sleeves soon.

Ps avoid drinking Haig Club single grain...it’s fucking awful 😣

• @Geronimo159387 said in If You've Held For This Long, Keep Holding On:

@Valhalla

IPD aren't the problem; crashing prices, sentiment, trust & confidence through mismanagement was/is & further piling mistrust & misery onto already traumatised traders will just make the problem worse & not better. We all want a growing, thriving market & rising prices but this will have the direct opposite effect.

Why should or will any new or existing traders ever trust a word FI or Mike Bohan say ever again? He has deliberately mislead traders & broken a direct promise TWICE, reduce or restrict IPD's as a short term emergency measure if so desperately required & try to rebuild trust & market confidence with a well thought out & communicated replacement if neccessary would clearly be in everyone's interest.

To remove IPD's at 30 days notice without even outlining their replacement is borderline negligent & will result in far more platform damage than cap app.

So would you prefer he made the difficult decisions or not? He’s not a mug. He doesn’t take this decision lightly. He knows ppl are fed up with the all alterations made, and just want a consistent message.
    But never-the less, in these ridiculously challenging times, I’d rather he made the call. Ppl wanted FI to make adjustments to stop the portfolio free falls, outraged they weren’t making the adjustments needed - well guess what? They’ve made them. The biggest hindrance to CA has been taken away. Sometimes tough decision’s need to be made. The corrosive effect IPD’s were having on the market was there for all to see. I’m amazed ppl are so surprised they’ve been scraped. If the market is booming in the months to come, ppl will hail his decision. All will be forgiven.
    I am, however, a little surprised they didn’t give more of a heads up than 1 month. That did make me wince when I saw it because a lot of ppl had geared up for IPD’s now. But it is what it is.

• This product seems to run relatively well until FI announce something.
    But they just get it wrong time and again.
    How many traders have fallen by the wayside over the past six months and how many more are going to follow🤔
    Hope whatever they have up their sleeves is not going to disappoint.
    Just s shame it could not have been conveyed today🙄

• @Valhalla

Making a decision that is guaranteed to further damage the platform & drive traders away, shrink the market & cement FI's reputation as untrustworthy, incompetent & uninvestable is definitely one I think he should have avoided, yes.

Making IPD's some sort of scapegoat for FI's current problems fails to understand what gives 85% of the market any value.

• @Geronimo159387 said in If You've Held For This Long, Keep Holding On:

@Valhalla

Making a decision that is guaranteed to further damage the platform & drive traders away, shrink the market & cement FI's reputation as untrustworthy, incompetent & uninvestable is definitely one I think he should have avoided, yes.

Well there we are gonna have to agree to disagree, matey. You think it’s a bad call, I think it’s a fantastic call. IPD’s were a MASSIVE contributor to the market chaos. IPD’s were making the market eat itself. Good riddens. Let’s leave it there.

• @Longmanlee yep same here, bin in FI since Oct cashed in all but £75 worth of shares, seconds after latest update had enough , far to much messing about with this platform , no confidence in to to invest .

• @Longmanlee said in If You've Held For This Long, Keep Holding On:

Final straw for me! Just sold up everything I could, got a few left with no sell price but I’ll just come back to them in 6 months.

Listed about half of mine. Got a few very low priced players eg. Raul Garcia at 7p who I could probably sell for 5p, but might as well hope for some IPD and accept that he is worthless in 30 days.

Built my portfolio up steadily over the last 8 weeks. Going to take longer that to sell. A lot of effort to sell and no interest while I'm doing it.

• @Longmanlee said in If You've Held For This Long, Keep Holding On:

Final straw for me! Just sold up everything I could, got a few left with no sell price but I’ll just come back to them in 6 months.

You can make an offer now for those without bids, at a price you're prepared to sell them for.

• @Toptom said in If You've Held For This Long, Keep Holding On:

Confused why would you be optimistic that this change would be for the better. Every change in the last 6 months has had a negative effect on our investments. The track record says not to be optimistic.

As nobody has replied to you, for me, IPDs is a fantastic idea but it simply doesn't work with order books. Order books are what take this product global and I am happy to sacrifice IPDs during a pandemic and come out of the other side with a better functioning platform.

Hence the advice to hold. Don't pay commission for regrettable trades. Have faith in those that you gambled on in the first place and the reasons you chose those players and await the return of capital appreciation!!

C'mon Viktor Kovalenko!!!!!!!

• @Valhalla this wont lead to cap app. Liquidity comes from short term trading which FI have just killed. This affects every player on the index because whats the use in having cap app if you cant sell and without IPDs when to sell is much harder to predict.

IPDs were brought in to encourage trading in a market which FI provided liquidity but now we dont have that. We struggle for liquidity and now they have removed the incentive to trade. Some of the rises you will see is that liquidity evaporating not demand increasing.

The damage to the reputation of FI alone is worrying but soon the penny will drop and traders realise this hurts every single player on the index and not just IPD players.

They might have reduced dividends paid out but they have reduced commission coming in by even more. Pissed of traders and shot themselves in the foot all in one go