The Way It's Done

• I'm sure most people have seen the announcement. I don't hate the annoucement, but there information lacking again, and it seems unbalanced for investors.

I don't like that IPDs get removed without anything being put in place. I think its unethical that FI investors will lose a chance to make money, but not have it replaced. It should of been a bilateral implementation.

I think most things to gain back CA have failed....so I'm willing to see how this new plan goes.

I think it could be a positive thing if PB is tiered + higher dividend for team of the week.

• @NewUser84362 IPD’s have only been around for 18 months. It’s a sugary incentive. The Index did fine without it before and will do fine without it again. Got pretty fed up it with all the damage it’s been doing in the last few months, so glad to see the back of it.
    Won’t have a problem if they bring it back in more normal times however. It was a nice little bonus.

• It does say that they'll be announcing what will replace it within the month.

• When will FI understand that to create balance and stability every action needs an equal and opposite one! Pull IPD's, no alternative offered...leave a chasm. Complete lack of thought.

• @Valhalla IPDs have been around a lot longer than 18 months. Shall we just scrap PB aswell then because the index did well when it ran off just MB?

• @Zizou said in The Way It's Done:

@Valhalla IPDs have been around a lot longer than 18 months. Shall we just scrap PB aswell then because the index did well when it ran off just MB?

MB and PB are core to FI. IPD’s are not. Just a nice little bonus that started to become the controlling factor. They needed to be reigned in. Would you rather have IPD’s or a growing, appreciating portfolio? I know what I prefer. I’ve been fortunate enough to triple my investment on FI since I’ve been on here. I’ve done that through CA and my player going up in value. Not through IPD’s. So naturally I want a return to a growing port.

• @Valhalla We've got differing opinions on this but I don't think IPDs are hindering growth.

A few months ago IPDs were part of one big, happy dividend family. Changing an open bet now after confirming it was here for the season is bad.
    Capture.PNG

• The Way It's Done - 1 week before the Southampton v Liverpool game i started amassing shares in Salah only topping up on the dips then 1 hour before kick off when the team sheets come out and i knew Salah was playing i went into my Betfair account and bet against Salah to score in the score anytime market the lay odds were 2.38 and 2% commission he didn't score and i collected my winnings (divs) in Betfair instead of IPDs in FI then a few days later i off loaded all the shares for an additional profit.

If Salah would have scored a goal i would have still profited a little but if he scored 2 goals that would have been great also assists, star player, top forward etc were all still in play...

I will miss IPDs but I do believe its for the greater good.

• @Zizou said in The Way It's Done:

@Valhalla We've got differing opinions on this but I don't think IPDs are hindering growth.

A few months ago IPDs were part of one big, happy dividend family. Changing an open bet now after confirming it was here for the season is bad.
    Capture.PNG

Well “little IPD’s” has just been caught eating the cat, and has been thrown out the family.

• The problem FI have with IPD's is there is no way of knowing how much they will be paying out week to week, so its hard for them to factor the risk. I hope they bring in some sort of tiered PB and I think low end players would get dividends more often than most people think. What FI really need is another revenue stream, which could be advertising ? Another idea would be a team of the month pool, we could pay a fee, say £5 to enter a team of 11( 5 top 200 and 6 squad ?). Then the entrant(s) with the top scoring team at the end of the month wins the pool minus FI's %. It would add the possibility of a decent win for someone every month. Just idea's but I am glad IPD's are going and hope everything going forward is PB based.

• @NorfolkCanary they can look at the averages since they bought iPds in over each game week to get a rough idea. It’s no different than paying out on pb or mb they don’t know how much they are going to pay out exactly. It’s becoming a bit of a flip flop shit show. They will just keep bringing in new ideas boost the market then remove them sad. I don’t trade monthly but for those that do not really fair on them

• Definitely some false advertising going on.
    You wouldn't put a bet on for the bookmaker to then say oh sorry, we've changed your bet. You now only win if...we'll tell you in a month. Your bet is now worthless until we let you know if it still has any value.
    Seems like they want to get rid of all the new users that they attracted using these false adverts.

• Posted the below response i received after asking a few questions. After sleeping on it, if they were struggling financially with IPD's then long term it is a good thing but the management of the platform is a real mess at the moment, and they need someone who can steady the ship.

Morning Karl,

Thanks for contacting Customer Support,

Back in September, in response to customer feedback we increased Dividends. However, with a fixture backlog which continues to drive more frequent matches, there is now an overemphasis on In-Play Dividends that has driven short termism and, in extreme circumstances, suspected collusion to ‘refresh Shares’ at the lowest possible price.

In short, In-Play Dividends are having an unintended effect on the market. Previously, they carried a way for footballing events to drive trading in an intuitive and effective way. Today, this is no longer the case. As such, as of today we are giving 30 days’ notice that we are drawing an end to In-Play Dividends, in order to immediately stop some of the short term trading dynamics it encourages. We will continue to pay out In-Play Dividends up to and including matches played on 7th February 2021. This change will allow us to focus these funds on more healthy market stimuli.

One such focus will be the introduction of new trading incentives and opportunities, incorporating each position category, to go live before IPDs end. More details in the coming weeks.

Until now, In-Play Dividends had been a major blocker to our long held ambition of accepting overseas customers from countries such as Germany. This change, however, removes a significant barrier to entry, and we are now looking at alternative territories alongside our other platform initiatives.

Kind Regards,
    James C
    Customer Support

email : support@footballindex.co.uk
    phone : +44 (0) 800 066 2650

• @Karl said in The Way It's Done:

Posted the below response i received after asking a few questions. After sleeping on it, if they were struggling financially with IPD's then long term it is a good thing but the management of the platform is a real mess at the moment, and they need someone who can steady the ship.

Morning Karl,

Thanks for contacting Customer Support,

Back in September, in response to customer feedback we increased Dividends. However, with a fixture backlog which continues to drive more frequent matches, there is now an overemphasis on In-Play Dividends that has driven short termism and, in extreme circumstances, suspected collusion to ‘refresh Shares’ at the lowest possible price.

In short, In-Play Dividends are having an unintended effect on the market. Previously, they carried a way for footballing events to drive trading in an intuitive and effective way. Today, this is no longer the case. As such, as of today we are giving 30 days’ notice that we are drawing an end to In-Play Dividends, in order to immediately stop some of the short term trading dynamics it encourages. We will continue to pay out In-Play Dividends up to and including matches played on 7th February 2021. This change will allow us to focus these funds on more healthy market stimuli.

One such focus will be the introduction of new trading incentives and opportunities, incorporating each position category, to go live before IPDs end. More details in the coming weeks.

Until now, In-Play Dividends had been a major blocker to our long held ambition of accepting overseas customers from countries such as Germany. This change, however, removes a significant barrier to entry, and we are now looking at alternative territories alongside our other platform initiatives.

Kind Regards,
    James C
    Customer Support

email : support@footballindex.co.uk
    phone : +44 (0) 800 066 2650

Might as well of sent you a link to the announcement than copying and pasting it! I think most people including myself could probably live with IPDs going (although rather they'd stay as per their comms!) but we should know the replacement now! Not in 2 weeks when they've thought of it. If IPDs are an issue, seek a replacement and advise us of it at the same time, then roll it out after the 30 day window or whatever! If they're using the next 2-3 weeks to find a replacement that is worrying as nothing to suggest what they will implement will work any better! When FI realise its them undoing all their hard work not us, things might actually change for the better!

• @Zizou the "family" looks a bit dysfunctional imo

• @Valhalla Hate to be the one to break this to you, but there is still the same number of games now as there was when they announced IPD's were here for the season. Nothing changed, it just got condensed. IPD's sustain the lower end at the moment, and especially anyone over 30. Who is gonna buy a 32 year year old and expect him to increase over 3 years, and don't give me this "making 100% on div's" bullshit when they could piss off to America or China 6 months later.

• @Valhalla said in The Way It's Done:

@NewUser84362 IPD’s have only been around for 18 months. It’s a sugary incentive. The Index did fine without it before and will do fine without it again. Got pretty fed up it with all the damage it’s been doing in the last few months, so glad to see the back of it.
    Won’t have a problem if they bring it back in more normal times however. It was a nice little bonus.

The market cap of the index when IPDs were introduced was c.£20m (figures from Index Trak). A year later it was 4x that.

Was that growth exclusively driven by IPDs? Of course not. But people are being very naive in thinking that removing one of the most accessible ways into FI without announcing a replacement is going to help the market in the long run.

• @HeyyYouuGuyss said in The Way It's Done:

Seems like they want to get rid of all the new users that they attracted using these false adverts.

Get rid of them, but also keep their money.

• why replace IPDs now, but say the replaces will come "in the coming weeks".

It's not great and IPDs were a big incentivise to buy.

What are the reasons you would buy players that aren't premiums now? The next FI annoucement/implementation needs to address this question, otherwise the platform is pointless.