If 95% of the players are useless when IPD’s go

• Then how comes a day after the announcement 2 players have won PB that haven’t won in over a year. One of those I doubt ever at all.

Also we have an MB winner who only won 1p previously over the past 12 months. .

We will probably need something to increase the chances of the lower end to offset what has been taken away.

But in a worst case scenario that it doesn’t remember that every dog has its day. That dog was Guillermo Maripan.

• Maybe they will have separate payouts for the top 200 and the Squad ? Possibly given the amount of players now it should be top 300 and the squad ?

• @NorfolkCanary

That would be a huge move forward IMO - PB for top 200 then a separate PB for the rest! Imagine!?
    Can’t see it but would be great

• @G27 Obviously the payouts would be lower for the squad but the yields could still be good as they are lower priced. Hard to think of any other way to help the lower end ?

• @G27 i think it should be top two paid daily in mb, top 3 outfield players pb in each category, top 2 gk pb.

• Another two players winning their first PB dividends in at least a year if not for the first time ever yesterday.

• @NorfolkCanary said in If 95% of the players are useless when IPD’s go:

Maybe they will have separate payouts for the top 200 and the Squad ? Possibly given the amount of players now it should be top 300 and the squad

Exactly what I was thinking 👍

• Tyler Adams
    Chris Richards
    Leon Bailey£0.92
    Claudio Gomes
    Benjamin Mendy
    Lloyd Kelly
    Tiemoue Bakayoko£9.12
    Angus Gunn
    Emre Can£4.59 These are my divs since one week before order books,wish id picked more div friendly players.Most of my players are virtually useless.Not moaning just dont know a way forward without reinvesting more money.

• @Shaun442 trying to look at your portfolio and comment in as positive or constructive way as possible but I'm struggling to lay any blame with FI on this occasion.

Can I ask what made you choose those particular players? I mean other than Mendy and Bailey I can't see you making anything on any of them in all honesty either before or after FI made a total balls up of everything.

I think with the others I'd take offers you can and look to reinvest if you are looking to stay on the platform?
    I think you can get some reasonable PB players for around the 40p -60p region at the moment.

• @DJ-110 said in If 95% of the players are useless when IPD’s go:

Another two players winning their first PB dividends in at least a year if not for the first time ever yesterday.

You’ve sort of disproven your own point. First win for them possibly ever. They may never win again, which makes selling up at a profit very difficult because who is going to buy a player on the off chance they might win once more in the next 3 years. Without IPDs or some other alternative they just become dud holds for huge periods of time.

Each to their own, but personally I wouldn’t buy anyone unless I think they are likely to win something (whatever dividend that is) every month.

• @NorfolkCanary like this idea a lot. Realistically with how prices are currently anyone outside the top group, paying out even 50% of current dividends would be good yield

• @DJ-110

Aissa Mandi, another "bad buy" AKA “shit hold" bought a couple of months ago @29p for his 4p IPD goal (remember when IPD was a thing) just returned Bronze day Starman 8p. So I'm currently sat on a 65% return on investment with 2.5 years left & he's at 25p but I can't remember ever seeing an IS price since I bought him - simply no liquidity in these kind of players, despite the attractive yield that's how badly FI's mismanagement has damaged the market.

Removing IPD’s and their associated income stream, that was often reinvested providing liquidity & price support to the rest of the market, will make the "liquidity trap" problem far worse not better – it’s clearly one of the worst things FI could have chosen to do under current market conditions.

• @ocs123 One was a 25 year old goalie so he probably will win again, but the point was them being completely useless holds which is what i keep hearing.

Admittedly some are always going to be useless but 95% of the index being useless is a fabricated percentage that Jay from the inbetweeners would be proud of when discussing his conversion rate with women.

• @Geronimo159387 I bought him the same time for the 5xipd promotion. I have of course sold since then so missed out on the divs last night. Lack of patience on my part.

I do still own Tin Jedvaj who has been useless for over a year, but won 14p of dividends one glorious Europa night a couple of months back. I stubbornly refuse to sell even when he actually has an IS price, that lovely dividend return figure etched in my memory.

• @NorfolkCanary said in If 95% of the players are useless when IPD’s go:

Maybe they will have separate payouts for the top 200 and the Squad ? Possibly given the amount of players now it should be top 300 and the squad ?

Great idea

• This post is deleted!

• @Shaun442 plenty of non superstars can bag Pb. Michael Keane will probably have 8p top def +4p ipd goal tonight and he almost had star man as well. Not bad for a guy who you could get for 20p this week. If he’d hit star man could have been 100% ROI in a week!

• I've offered several players at minimum price just to get rid of them. No one is bidding, but I can't offer lower than the FI imposed floor, eg. floor might be 14p but I would be happy to sell at 5p to get rid.

Some of these players have 7 IPD eligible games left this month, but I've held them for more than 30 days. They might be worth 5p to someone, but I can't earn IPD or sell.

Thankfully, I've got my deposits out and my remaining portfolio is all profit. Still frustrating though.

• @Honeylight if you have all deposits out what the problem? Just sit tight and if the tables turn you have free money. Why you so keen to sell

• Ivan cavaleiro welcome to the dividend train you 95% useless man.