So Draining

• After months of ups and downs with FI.

I find myself this morning for the first time ever that I can recall, dreading today’s football fixtures and all the FI bullshit that goes with it ... spread sheets, data, Opta ......

At this point in time for me. FI has managed to kill my passion for football ( I know it will probably be a different tune when they unveil the new plan .... or at least I hope !! )

Week after week I find it all so pointless, consuming and draining. I think if they were to offer me my money back right now I’d probably fuck off and be relieved and start enjoying football again as I just feel I’m now eternally locked in.

It feels like FI have unlimited power to hold me hostage until they hopefully make it big time and I can exit ( I do still believe it will happen .... it’s just the endless depressive state it’s in, compounded with the latest announcement keeping us in the dark )

Sitting here quietly mulling over their latest bombshell in my head as I do 1,000 times a day, it just seems so backhanded and disingenuous, which is a shame as I’d just started enjoying FI again over Christmas and had put all the previous but fucking they’d given me behind me.

I’m preying that this new non IPD based structure means I don’t have this daily grind that I’m so sick of now, and if they move the posts again after this I’m going to have to seriously think about taking a loss and leaving .... it’s not that I need the money right now ( wouldn’t want to loose it all either mind you ) but the amount of my time it consumes in its current state is not good ( to be honest, it’s only due to Covid that I have any time to spend on this anyway ).

A week feels like a month on here .... all I want is what I thought I’d originally signed up to. An investment/ gamble that has clear unchanging rules where I can pop in and out of on occasion to tweak and adjust my portfolio ..... perhaps even see what profits I’m making 😂

• @Three-lions as the saying goes.... when the fun stops stop!

• @Stuart-H just have to suck it up until they announce the new location of the goal posts. Reset my portfolio accordingly and turn it off for a while

I am concerned they will just keep doing this though.

Wolf of Wall Street .....

Fugazi Fugazi .... keep them reinvesting and cash in the commission

I hope it’s not my gambling streak on my part keeping me here, Or my stubbornness to not fail. I hope it’s not delusional blind faith to remain involved in FI and enjoying trading once again, perhaps even making a little profit that doesn’t get wiped out two months later with further changes.

Unfortunately with this product, you can’t just stop unless your prepared to pretty much loose a large percentage of what you’ve put in ... money and time

• Joined FI in October Port over +60% plus £200 gained in divs, I was online as the latest update came out, cashed in all my port at once.
    Plan now is to sit back and wait a few months see how these new changes are rolled out, must admit I was enjoying the last few months on FI but at the moment I don’t have much confidence in the product

• @Three-lions

I suspect that their going to change their T&Cs again in the next couple of weeks.

If that happens, you could complain to FI that they’re changing the terms of an open bet (again) and say that unless they return your original stake, you’ll register a formal complaint with the gambling commission and any other authority you can find.

Faced with that, they may well just give you your stake back to avoid the hassle.

In my three and a half years on FI, they have regularly moved the goalposts and caused traders to adapt and adjust their portfolios. This seems to be happening more frequently now and is not something that is likely to stop, in my opinion. You need to decide whether you can live with that or not.

• @ocs123 would rather they just get thing right than taking legal action to be honest.

Sounds like most who have been long term here made good money and loved the platform here before FI tried incompetently to scale up and make more profit for themselves.

I get why there doing it ... who wouldn’t if you owned FI. It’s just the constant fuck ups that we have to keep bailing them out of

Or perhaps I’m way off the Mark ?

• @NewUser676068 good for you .... honestly ... more luck than judgement that you were in the right place at the right time though no ?

That’s how this all feels now. Pure luck not football knowledge !!

• @ocs123 the issue you have is it is in their t and c's that it is within their rights to change bets as and when they want with notice

• @MUFC

Yep, but they often change their T&Cs when new announcements are made, which can give people an out if they’re forceful enough.

There were also failings with how they announced the IPD removal. Loads of people (like me) who had email notifications turned on, didn’t receive an email. A solicitor would have a field day with errors like that - if you’re that way inclined.

It’s not for me, as I believe I can still trade my way through 2021 and make money each month. But everyone is entitled to consider their options when FI drop massive changes on us, like they’ve done.

• @ocs123 you could certainly try, think it would be a very, very long road which at the end would probably be pissing in the wind

• @ocs123 said in So Draining:

@MUFC

Yep, but they often change their T&Cs when new announcements are made, which can give people an out if they’re forceful enough.

There were also failings with how they announced the IPD removal. Loads of people (like me) who had email notifications turned on, didn’t receive an email. A solicitor would have a field day with errors like that - if you’re that way inclined.

It’s not for me, as I believe I can still trade my way through 2021 and make money each month. But everyone is entitled to consider their options when FI drop massive changes on us, like they’ve done.

Here's what happens if you don't accept T&C changes... I asked them:

Thanks for contacting customer support, I hope you are well today.

If you are not willing to accept the terms and game rules we will close your account, return your account cash balance and your remaining shares will be sold off by the following process:

Place any Shares you hold for Instant Sell or offer them in the Order Book (at current ‘Buy Price’ )

(A) on a monthly basis until the later of: (a) when all your Shares have been sold; or (b) the end of a period of 12 months from the date of termination (after which any unsold Shares will expire); provided that

(B) if the amount owed to you in any given month is less than £10, the amount owed to you will be rolled over into subsequent months until: (a) the amount owed to you exceeds £10; (b) all your Shares have been sold, in which case we will pay to you all remaining funds in your Account; or (c) the 12 months have expired; in each case subject to any deductions we are entitled to make in accordance with the Terms of Service, including in respect of bonuses we are entitled to reclaim and our standard 2% Commission fee on each sale of a Share;

All the best and enjoy the rest of your week.

• @Three-lions " I just feel I’m now eternally locked in."
    This is most peoples gripe where we are trapped in a platform that is not our doing.Sitting here waiting for players with no sell price is taking an eternity.If you have a bet at least you know if you have won or lost.On FI your stuck in a continuous stewards enquiry waiting on the result.

• @osmanlao eternity = 3years, stewards enquiry when the race is over....they're still running, you won't know if you have won or lost yet unless you cash out....be patient, it's not over yet. Yes, you might stil lose, but you might also win. It's fallen apart over the last year, but there's still the time to turn around. Unless your 3years are up, it's not settled yet.
    If you bet what you can afford just be patient, it's not the time to settle unless you need to leave or are not enjoying the ride(dips and all).

• @Mr-Don-Ali it fucks me off even more of some people were given pre notice of this via email ... how is this right ?

Are these people also going to have advance information on the new changes about to happen also ?

• @Three-lions theres loads of big hitters that get notice before the rest of us. Just gota look at the market sometimes and I think why are all these players going up for no reason eg gks b4 they announced their category. The hole thing is corrupt now but like most things nowadays. If your in the know ur golden.

• I think it just comes down to the fact they shouldn't be able to do what they are doing. Pure and simple. Yes they are always covered by the terms and conditions but it's not ethical and it's not fair. When I worked for a betting company as a manager I had a £200 discretion and if I thought a bet should have been paid out I would have authorized it even if it wasn't in the rules. FI can't be run on terms and conditions.

• @Tom7471

and sometimes they ignore their own T&Cs anyway , like they did with the Cuadrado TotM farce.

Plus just because it’s in their T&Cs doesn’t automatically make it legal. In my opinion they sail very close to the wind sometimes and I don’t think they should be surprised if someone drags them through the courts one day.

Most people who run a company wouldn’t just comply with the bare minimum letter of the law. They would allow themselves some extra leeway in case someone takes exception to what they’re doing and could make them look bad in court or in the media.

• @Three-lions who knows, same as always really. Before all the changes of IS, order books, share splits, etc, there has always been those who know in advance or have a pump and dump scheme ready...It's all part of the game and you either get on board or get out. It's all part of the excitement of the FI train, winners and losers, some days you lose, some days you win. Not many winners at the moment but things are about to change so probability chances are for the better. No one know yet but you can be as positive as much as negative about it...just enjoy the ride. Sure what else would you be doing these days! Best of resistance to y'all

• @ocs123 I'm sure someone will pull them up on all their changes. A company can't run like this, keep changing the rules so they make big commission each time by giving value and taking it away. I could set up a company promising 7% divs and then 6 months in change it to .07% but still asking for the same share price. It's corruption really.

• I keep telling myself to not look on the App for a while but I can’t help it. Like this morning I knew I had some IPD from the Lille keeper and from Schick. Problem is every time I look, My port is even further down. I think it all stemmed from Order Books. There were lots of people wanting Order Books but I feel they just wanted to sound important and show off that they use them elsewhere. But they just don’t work with FI. FI was working well for most people and this has ruined it. Getting rid of IS too of course. But is it right that they had to get rid of IS for legal reasons?