Earth2

• I was talking to a mate about FI the other day, said how good it was when it started. He then told me about www.earth2.io
    It's a simple concept and it looks like people are making money from it. It's not been going long so good chance to get in at ground level and watch it grow.

You basically buy virtual parts of the earth and as demand increases so does the value. A lot of people have gone in and bought virtual plots of land that are famous landmarks or football sstadiums. Then as people join they want these plots and are bidding higher than the purchaser paid returning good profit.

I heard it started in November, so very early days. But also a good chance to be one of the 1st on board.

When purchasing plots of land, put this referral code in - KB9XM3UE1C
    You and I will then get a 5% bonus on your purchase.

Definitely worth looking into. Good luck.

• ooh

11 posts in 2 years and you've wasted one to do a blatant plug for another site

Excellent opportunity though. Has Old Kent Road and Whitechapel gone yet ? I always like to snap them up

• Sorry, didn't realise I had a certain number of posts that I had to use wisely. My bad.

Plugging another site as it's similar sort of concept as this and this forum has turned toxic. Thought people might be interested.

• @Roger-Red-Hat
    Thanks for the post - out of interest what is the minimum amount you could put into something like this and still retain an interest?

• @Roger-Red-Hat Interesting! You buy/sell virtual land for game tech, etc. Once you own it, that's it. No one else can own it. No new land shares are minted. Owners would have to sell their land in order for someone else to buy it. So the ability to buy is dependent on what's in circulation. As far as I understand it, anyway.

I'll do more research!

• @G27 said in Earth2:

@Roger-Red-Hat
    Thanks for the post - out of interest what is the minimum amount you could put into something like this and still retain an interest?

The good thing is with this its quite early days, so if it really takes off then a small amount could grow quite well. Land plots in South Korea have grown the fastest, I think all land originally sold for 10 cents each. These plots are now worth over $40. That's a huge increase which anyone joining in day 1 will have done very well.

Some land in not so well off countries can be bought for 20 cents, so these could go far and see you do well on a small investment.

• @Londoner said in Earth2:

@Roger-Red-Hat Interesting! You buy/sell virtual land for game tech, etc. Once you own it, that's it. No one else can own it. No new land shares are minted. Owners would have to sell their land in order for someone else to buy it. So the ability to buy is dependent on what's in circulation. As far as I understand it, anyway.

I'll do more research!

Pretty much, they cannot IPO new land on it's current format as it's a copy of earth and earth obviously isn't growing. Read the FAQs, there is talk of later on in the game being able to virtual build or use the lad to create some sort of income. It's still early days so will be interesting to see where this ends up.

• i nearly did something similar when i invented something called tradeatown 10/15 years back... it was based on investing in cities, buying/selling, watching their stock rise and fall due simply to popularism... in the end the dream fell simply because i didn't have the mechanism to make the site work efficiently... sounds a bit like FI that doesn't it???

• @Roger-Red-Hat said in Earth2:

@Londoner said in Earth2:

@Roger-Red-Hat Interesting! You buy/sell virtual land for game tech, etc. Once you own it, that's it. No one else can own it. No new land shares are minted. Owners would have to sell their land in order for someone else to buy it. So the ability to buy is dependent on what's in circulation. As far as I understand it, anyway.

I'll do more research!

Pretty much, they cannot IPO new land on it's current format as it's a copy of earth and earth obviously isn't growing. Read the FAQs, there is talk of later on in the game being able to virtual build or use the lad to create some sort of income. It's still early days so will be interesting to see where this ends up.

My current understanding has been taken from reading the FAQs. There's a lot of them! When I've read all the ones that tell me about the system, I'll be able to make an informed decision. A small investment won't do me any harm.

• no im not bothered prob alright to fish for comission on here but it just sounds really dull

• 34fccc3f-9a11-4e00-b812-809843773f8e-image.png

• We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. In particular, as we get closer to launching Stage 2, we expect to revisit these terms to accommodate the full functionality of the Earth 2 platform, the limits of which even we are still not fully able to comprehend.

Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this Website.

• @Munchie63 said in Earth2:

34fccc3f-9a11-4e00-b812-809843773f8e-image.png

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• @Munchie63 you seem to be mocking a platform that sells virtual land which can be sold as demand increases. And you are on football index? 😆😆😆 whopper!

You do understand you dont actually own these footballers dont you? You dont buy shares in players and they pop over to your slum to play 5 a side with your mates?

Nobody is telling you to do it, I'm only highlighting it as I've done well so far and it seems a decent opportunity.

• I don't know why you got downgraded, you're not desperately trying to get people involved. I for one had a look, just because I'm not a sheep, and I make my own decisions.

Seems like a fun concept, I might chuck a few quid at it, there's no harm if you can afford to do so.

We must all remember it is good to have money in other places, schemes, markets. For those who have, this past year wouldn't have been so hard hitting, with those who haven't been completely overwhelmed by FI's changes and bad decisions.

• @UncleBeard cheers, I guess some people just have blinkers on and think they are right. I get that this isn't for everyone, just strange how anyone thinks this is not a good idea but that FI is. It's the same concept.

Benefits of earth2 is that the entire world can get involved so its not limited and it's very early stages so a good chance to grow with the platform.

• If anyone joins up and uses this code on purchases
    KB9XM3UE1C
    drop me a message with your code and I'll use that on future purchases. Each time a code is used we both get 5% cash back so definitely worth doing.

My value has grown 15% in 4 days so think I'm going to go a bit harder into this now.

• What I'm not clear on is are you entirely dependent on CA or is there some form of income which actually gives the land value. The website mentions something about income tax but doesn't appear to give any details.

If there's no income or no use for the land then there's nothing giving it inherent value and I'd stay well clear. If there is an income then do you have details as that could make it interesting.

• @GeoffS there is a land income tax, so the more land you own the more money you receive back. This is based on how popular the land is in the country you purchased and goes up in value once land in that country gets more popular to purchase in.

Prices are going up daily, that's why it's quite key to get in as early as possible as your returns will be much greater

• Stupidly addictive and I've bought a nice chunk of the Galapagos Islands using your code mate.

Will see how it goes