Hard to argue...

• It is hard to take an article seriously when the writer can't even be arsed to proof-read it. As far as the sentiment goes, it's absolutely a worry.

• Interesting. It's really just explaining in technical terms what your gut tells you from the start. Everyone can't be winning. Someone must be losing. As traders we are playing against each other.

Valuing portfolio at Buy Price gave a false impression. If traders feel that their portfolio is rising, they don't tend to cash out. They reinvest winnings in the product. Old money stays in and new money grows the product.

When the market crashes, traders don't see warning signs, they see low prices, opportunity and FOMO when it rises again. This is okay, but one day it will keep dropping and dropping.

I know very little about trading but my gut instincts told me to tread cautiously with FI.

The usual advice about only gambling what you can afford (or are prepared) to lose is good advice.

• The bloke who published this article is a Muppet, who the fuck are liverton, and who writes and article and out "I guess the win percentage is around ? Percentage" if your going to write an article on a subject, know what the fuck your talking about, uninformed and at best just out to scare people without knowing much about the product.

• Easy to pick something to prices when it’s going through a bad patch, bit like football teams and players that are out of form.
    Bloke knows some shit, I can’t argue with that much. But looks like he’s found an easy opportunity to attract followers, subscribers etc ..... do you think he may have something to gain by all this exposure ?
    And at our expense as more jump on his band wagon ..... nothing to loose and everything to gain by stirring up shit !! and he hasn’t a penny in here

• Doesn't even aim to be a balanced piece. The guy clearly doesn't know a lot about the product, yet claims to understand it better than the Gambling Commission, who have been regulating it for years.

A few fair points in there, but it reads more like a 'shock doc' op ed than a serious analysis.

I do agree on the T&Cs point though. Farcical what FI have done on IPDs and they are going to have to make a really strong new dividend arrangement to win people back around.

• @Three-lions

Him not having a penny in, just means he can be objective, it's the people with money in you have to worry about listening to as they have something to lose.

• The fact that they are involved with a rival company gives them less credibility, but you can't argue with most of it. It's all true.

If I was looking at joining now I'd give it a wide berth.

• @o_O

is this guy going to start attacking the stock market next. It stinks of emotion and hatred

• I wouldnt be surprised if next time football index advertise he will be running in front of the banners waving his hands to try and hide it

• @Dan-The-Man I can’t disagree with that, but isn’t he either working for or heavily involved in a rival company / platform ?

• i have always found Caan to be a very low brow guy and his videos just seemed aimed at people who can't think for themselves.
    He makes some fair points of course, but that piece has a lot of BS in it, and reinforced why i never listened to him in the first place

• @Three-lions

I don't know the chap but even if that's the case, shouldn't we be asking ourselves if the things he is saying are incorrect? I'm sure many of us have our fingers in multiple pies.

It seems the response to criticism of the platform is usually met with character assault.

• @Dan-The-Man lots of good replies about him, some replies can't be helped bound happen with people blindly following.

As i said some of the points are valid more so previously, that article is trash, the % return piece (expected return) is so badly done and extremely misleading/wrong

• @G-France said in Hard to argue...:

i have always found Caan to be a very low brow guy and his videos just seemed aimed at people who can't think for themselves.
    He makes some fair points of course, but that piece has a lot of BS in it, and reinforced why i never listened to him in the first place

It's not written by Caan..

• @G-France

The % figure he's written is based on old date (in lieu of no official figure) but the overall point he's making in that part is correct.

Football Index has gone from being a low risk, low reward platform, to a full risk, low reward platform. It's sad to see.

• i'd disagree slightly here Dan. Previously it was a low risk, high reward system.
    You are right that the edge is returning to the house, and the game has changed completely. But like most gambling platforms it still provides a bit of fun. and if your bets come off you can reap some good rewards in div's and cap app (providing you time it right!)
    it only becomes a stress if you are over-invested.

• @NewUser115892 said in Hard to argue...:

i'd disagree slightly here Dan. Previously it was a low risk, high reward system.
    You are right that the edge is returning to the house, and the game has changed completely. But like most gambling platforms it still provides a bit of fun. and if your bets come off you can reap some good rewards in div's and cap app (providing you time it right!)
    it only becomes a stress if you are over-invested.

That last line is true in terms of the predicament a lot of traders are in, rightly or wrongly.

Great rewards on offer right now in terms of dividends. Let’s see what the alternative is to ipd and I hazard a guess it will be better for most traders as I am sure only a minority were making full use of the 30 qualification period.

And finally we all know where FI have fucked up. Hopefully they can redeem themselves in the upcoming weeks. However, I agree it’s annoying when randoms who don’t even use the product to come up with their lengthy anti FI articles under the guise of a competitor.

• It’s ironic that these are pro gamblers slating FI for high stakes for low rewards when these guys make their living by finding the edge against bookmakers and staking huge amounts for small but guaranteed returns.