Rooney

• Does anyone know why Rooney's media is being removed?
    Is it because he's now retired?
    Didn't stop FI leaving other players media scores on despite them being retired but as we know FI aren't always consistent

• I guess the media is supposed to be about playing, so media about being a manager doesn't count...?

But really it's just another example of how FI just make the rules up as they go along

• @o_O If you are going to populate every thread with a dig can I suggest you don't?

Really tiresome mate, honestly.

• @GH said in Rooney:

@o_O If you are going to populate every thread with a dig can I suggest you don't?

Really tiresome mate, honestly.

You can if you like.

• @o_O said in Rooney:

I guess the media is supposed to be about playing, so media about being a manager doesn't count...?

But really it's just another example of how FI just make the rules up as they go along

Actually they havent made this up as they go along, it's been stated in the rules since I joined that a retired player is ineligible to win divs

• @Ddr Fair enough if that' the rules and they're consistent with it, not sure they always have been but so be it

• This post is deleted!

• @o_O Read the rules, when a player retires he is not eligable straight off. Get your facts right instead of continuing with your constant putting down

• When an elder player is retired they should offer an IS like previously done back to company equivalent to lowest bid as there prob would t be bids on said player in order from most recent buyer to give the three year hold some validation

• @Lloyddavies said in Rooney:

When an elder player is retired they should offer an IS like previously done back to company equivalent to lowest bid as there probably wouldn't be bids on said player in order from most recent buyer to give the three year hold some validation

Why?

You've bet on a player to win you dividends within 3 years. If you buy a player close to retirement then he is cheaper simply because he will retire. Thus, higher risk, but higher reward in dividend percentage. Rooney isn't a football player any more.

It would be nice, yes, but it wouldn't make sense. It's why Ronaldo isn't in the top 5 on the index.

• to be fair to FI it's in the rules

Rooney is 35 and hasn't played in a PB league since the end of the 17/18 season when he joined DC United in July 2018

so that's 2.5 yrs ago........anyone holding took a real punt at some stage.

He was 70p a year ago....prob when people thought Derby might get promoted.......and has returned 25p in dividends, so that should soften the blow.